Janet Jackson | Together Again Tour | Coming to a city near you!

James_Dean

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kishi

• KKKIMO92

• robbyds

• campelo

Top Posters In This Topic

• ATRL Moderator

Tomorrow I’m seeing her :jonnycat:

On 6/16/2023 at 6:52 AM, Aerosol said:

It's so bland. She really loves a flavorless, nondescript r&b moment since Damita Jo.

The Unbreakable album was great. A return to form. Much more mature and thought out. It’s going on 9 years without an album if she doesn’t release one this year. The longest she hasn’t released one since she began her solo career. 

• ATRL Moderator

This is my first time seeing her tonight and I haven’t even taken a look at the setlist.  I understand that it’s mostly chronological? 

anyway, I heard she does so excited :jonnycat:

1 hour ago, madonnas said:

This is my first time seeing her tonight and I haven’t even taken a look at the setlist.  I understand that it’s mostly chronological? 

anyway, I heard she does so excited :jonnycat:

It’s not. 

• ATRL Moderator

WOW that was everything and more 

she did so exited? So much Betta? All her hits outside of like … 2? Of them

BEST SHOW EVER 

• Like 6

Last show until October tonight.

Will she announce international dates or a 2nd US leg...

Will she release new music...

Will she go ghost from social media...

Will we get an update on the new documentary...

The world may never know.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, madonnas said:

BEST SHOW EVER 

:clap3:

I'm glad you Enjoyed!

As a big fan of the album tracks and unreleased songs, I really appreciate how they acknowledged so many songs I enjoy, especially from the Damita Jo and 20 Y.O. albums. Her setlists since 2017 have been some of my favorites that she's ever done. 

All we need now are international dates! Her team knows what's up...

46 minutes ago, kishi said:

:clap3:

I'm glad you Enjoyed!

As a big fan of the album tracks and unreleased songs, I really appreciate how they acknowledged so many songs I enjoy, especially from the Damita Jo and 20 Y.O. albums. Her setlists since 2017 have been some of my favorites that she's ever done. 

All we need now are international dates! Her team knows what's up...

Had she not blown it at Glastonbury, she would have been able to tour outside the states without issue. That was a mess and it was televised. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

12 minutes ago, Horizon Flame said:

Had she not blown it at Glastonbury, she would have been able to tour outside the states without issue. That was a mess and it was televised. 

I don't agree with this narrative and theory that some fans continue to insert into conversation. It wasn't her best performance, but that ONE SHOW isn't going to stop her from being booked internationally. If there's money to be made and the demand is there, the international shows will happen. 

Essence proved that she can slay a festival stage and we need to move on from 2019. 

Edited by kishi
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, kishi said:

I don't agree with this narrative and theory that some fans continue to insert into conversation. It wasn't her best performance, but that ONE SHOW isn't going to stop her from being booked internationally. If there's money to be made and the demand is there, the international shows will happen. 

Essence proved that she can slay a festival stage and we need to move on from 2019. 

I would argue that tragedy lead to her pay more focus on the live vocal and cut down the movements. I’m glad that she is singing so much live and the quality is there. It worries me a bit as the statement she put up in Insta seems like this is the end of this tour?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, madonnas said:

BEST SHOW EVER 

When she broke out Because of Love at the bowl (even though I knew the setlist ahead of time) is when I lost it. So good. And so happy she's being more playful and sexual onstage again after kind of shelving that side of herself for a while during Unbreakable/SOTW tours.

• Like 1

Glastonbury wasn't that awful tbh

• Like 1

She was amazing last night. Loved seeing her in a sold out arena, the crowd went crazy for the old songs. I enjoyed how much attention she paid to AFY - 20 YO but I think it was a little too heavy on those tracks. She did You Want This as the surprise song I was shook :jonny:

• Like 1

Honestly surprised more dates weren't announced to extend the tour. Maybe it has something to do with Janet taking her son on tour with her? Maybe she has other plans for the next months and will resume in fall/winter? It seemed obvious that the tour would continue. 

• Like 2

Won't even be shocked if she goes back to Vegas

6 hours ago, KKKIMO92 said:

I would argue that tragedy lead to her pay more focus on the live vocal and cut down the movements. I’m glad that she is singing so much live and the quality is there. It worries me a bit as the statement she put up in Insta seems like this is the end of this tour?

At least we can then hope and pray for a new album (lmao) and maybe she’ll start the tour outside of NA (lmao) in that universe :monkey:

I honestly think this is her best tour. This is her most live one since Rhythm Nation it seems and the outfits are an improvement from the last 3 tours. 

I love that 20 Yo and Damita are finally getting their moment. they still are better than most R&B albums out afterward . 

1 hour ago, LuckyCunt said:

It would be smart to do it now while it’s relatively empty w female performers  . She is literally made for Vegas. Also Janet’s first intro to performance 50 years ago was in MGM in Vegas .

I also think she needs to do more promo on Tiktok or something and introduce herself to a younger audience . Her underrated music videos  are wild.  She has so many choreographed moments that deserve to go viral  like Alright park bench dance in music video , Pleasure Principle chair moment. I’m tired of seeing people doing the weak ass Rihanna Super Bowl dance. That **** wasn’t even dancing ! Janet had real choreographed moments and is the Queen of choreography 

Edited by Nippy'sReceipts

8 hours ago, KKKIMO92 said:

That and the Australia shows. I appreciate and like when she sings live. Some of the pre-records aren't needed or should be updated. :laugh:

5 hours ago, chosensparkles said:

Glastonbury wasn't that awful tbh

I enjoyed the set overall, but the outfit, omission of TVR singles and the sound disappointed a lot of diehard fans. 

2 hours ago, PopThatCorn said:

Honestly surprised more dates weren't announced to extend the tour. Maybe it has something to do with Janet taking her son on tour with her? Maybe she has other plans for the next months and will resume in fall/winter? It seemed obvious that the tour would continue. 

While the crew deserve a break, I hope for an announcement this summer about the extension of this tour. Unless there's some surprise dates that she's going to do, there's not enough time to sell tickets for anything prior to the October show. 

1 hour ago, LuckyCunt said:

A lot of fans are speculating that this will happen. I loved Metamorphosis, but why not do a residency in London instead? 

1 hour ago, eli's_rhythm said:

At least we can then hope and pray for a new album (lmao) and maybe she’ll start the tour outside of NA (lmao) in that universe :monkey:

Hoping these do come true. I've been straddling the fence about new music, but then I realize Unbreakable was 8 years ago and I'm STARVING!

45 minutes ago, Nippy'sReceipts said:

I love that 20 Yo and Damita are finally getting their moment. they still are better than most R&B albums out afterward . 

Truly, I agree. :gaynetcat4:

I wonder if Janet would ever think of releasing acapella versions of her albums . I’ve seen her get so much traction online about her harmonies (it’s about damn time people realize!). I think it would be a smart thing 

Edited by Nippy'sReceipts
  • Like 1

I like it when her dancers run her social media.

:giraffe:

She’s a megastar on a diff level so it’s nice to see her around regular ppl. They sort of humanize her. More rehearsal videos tho!

& a 2nd leg, PLEASE. At least 10 US dates in the cities that missed out on leg 1 (DC etc) :gaycat3:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nippy'sReceipts said:

I honestly think this is her best tour. This is her most live one since Rhythm Nation it seems and the outfits are an improvement from the last 3 tours. 

I agree, the All For You Tour is a close second (bc of the production, I think she’s a more interesting performer now despite being older).

I wonder what a Janet stadium tour would look like. :gaycat3: Janet with a Beyonce/Taylor budget would be a spectacle every night. 

Edited by Damien M

4 hours ago, Damien M said:

I agree, the All For You Tour is a close second (bc of the production, I think she’s a more interesting performer now despite being older).

I wonder what a Janet stadium tour would look like. :gaycat3: Janet with a Beyonce/Taylor budget would be a spectacle every night. 

I wonder if she'd finally let her hits breathe and actually perform them in full

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nippy'sReceipts said:

I wonder if Janet would ever think of releasing acapella versions of her albums . I’ve seen her get so much traction online about her harmonies (it’s about damn time people realize!). I think it would be a smart thing 

Where are you seeing this? :eek:

I doubt her team will ever give us something like that. They didn't even bother to add anything new or rare to the janet. 30th anniversary reissue. Acapella versions of the singles would've been awesome.

10 hours ago, kishi said:

While the crew deserve a break, I hope for an announcement this summer about the extension of this tour. Unless there's some surprise dates that she's going to do, there's not enough time to sell tickets for anything prior to the October show. 

She doesn't need a super long time to sell tbh, but you're right it seems like a break is gonna happen for a while. I'm not holding my breath for new music anymore but it would be yet again a great opportunity to release something. 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.