Which religious-themed deep cut is going viral next?

Both Sides Now

With the success of Bloody Mary on TikTok, I’ve noticed that it’s the latest in a string on deep cuts or forgotten singles that have religious undertones…

The most obvious is of course Running Up That Hill (A Deal With God) where Kate Bush begs God to trade places with a man in her life. 

For Gaga, the forgotten blasphemous bop Judas has gained a new appreciation, as well as Bloody Mary. Very obviously using religious metaphor to describe a relationship. 

Then there’s the relatively unknown group Ghost’s Mary On A Cross which uses religious iconography to describe sex. 

Hell, even Taylor’s viral Don’t Blame Me has a religious aspect when she asks God to forgive the sins associated with her relationship. 

Does your fave have a religious deep cut that might go viral yet? Will TikTok continue down the road to blasphemy with Madonna’s Holy Water or embrace God next with Mariah’s Fly Like A Bird?

This is also a religious song that went mega viral on TIKTOK about 2 years ago. I still listen to it. So good!!!

eQaM-KI

:ahh:religious themed? 

Just now, KatyPrismSpirit said:

:ahh:religious themed? 

Don't worry. By the grace of god, her moment is coming.

tumblr_mu463dmDTj1qkjfz1o1_250.gif

Just now, AbeHicks said:

Don't worry. By the grace of god, her moment is coming.

Katheryn knows how to deliver a true gospel bop that doesn't insult her Lord and savior Almighty spill >>>

Just now, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Katheryn knows how to deliver a true gospel bop that doesn't insult her Lord and savior Almighty spill >>>

It’s time for her to embrace Satan with this superior anti-hymn. 

Just now, Both Sides Now said:

I just know God was shaking the day she recorded this

3 minutes ago, Both Sides Now said:

God already punished her by making the album this song was on flop so they are even now :nicole2:

This taylor songs you are quoting are really not religious. Asking God to forgive you for something is just a popular "way of saying" and "god you make feel important" even more, is just a reinforcing expression everyone uses.  I mean like saying "oh my god", it's not something religious at all. 

Edited by vale9001

50 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

TASTE. Although a part of me might die if ionnalee or iamamiwhoami becomes a TikTok trend. She deserves so much more recognition 

Edited by Reginald

Lady Gaga - Sinner Prayers needs to go viral next. Such an underrated song :jonny:

Edited by babyforlife
Typo

This Christian rock anthem:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.