Carly's Dedicated - What went wrong? Why is it the least discussed on here?

Josh

When people talk about Carly's best releases it's always about Emotion and it's re-release Side B but I very seldom see people talk about Dedicated

I listened to it a couple of times since it's released I liked it. 

Emotion is a bit overrated and Dedicated is her best album with ease, it has a unique atmosphere and sound. 

1 minute ago, mystery said:

Emotion is a bit overrated and Dedicated is her best album with ease, it has a unique atmosphere and sound. 

agree. 

Probably because there is not much to say about it, other than "her best album" :date:

Dedicated is a very good, very consistent album. Definitely her most consistent record to date, yet it lacks the highs of Emotion, Emotion: Side B, Kiss, and The Loneliest Time.

Not to mention its Side B is her weakest work to date, I think that dulled its appreciation a little too. Still a great pop record that deserves all the love in the world!

I prefer Dedicated Side B over it, but I also feel the same with Emotion 

Imo:

Emotion Side B > Dedicated Side B > Dedicated > Emotion

Idk but it’s her best album

52 minutes ago, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

It lacks the highs of Emotion, Emotion: Side B, Kiss, and The Loneliest Time.

Not to mention its Side B is her weakest work to date

:cm: 

Good album, though. 

it's a fine record but it needed stronger visuals, that grey mess ruined everything 

Side B is garbage :celestial5:

Dedicated > 

Emotion is overrated 

Edited by Insanity

1 hour ago, Totami Legend said:

it's a fine record but it needed stronger visuals, that grey mess ruined everything 

Side B is garbage :celestial5:

the album cover just makes the album feel bland to me for some reason

Like others are saying here, Dedicated is just a tad bit too vanilla. It's a consistent album, but doesn't have Emotion's highs. 

BUT HELLO WHAT IS WITH PEOPLE SAYING SIDE B IS HER WORST RELEASE??????????

DEDICATED SIDE B >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Emotion Side B sans Cry

On 12/10/2022 at 1:18 PM, punisher said:

the album cover just makes the album feel bland to me for some reason

Exactly, the album aesthetic can tremendously influence your feelings about the music.

Dedicated is a phenomenal pop record.

The 1-2-3-4 punch of Julien-No Drug Like Me - Now That I Found You - Want You In My Room is incredible. 

For many, like myself, that punch continues with Everything He Needs and Happy Not Knowing. 

(I’ll Be Your Girl is the only flop for me.)

Too Much is great, I’ve always really liked The Sound, Automatically In Love is by far Carly’s most underrated bop, that and Feels Right.

Real Love is a highlight.

It’s just great. It really, really (really, really, really, really) is.

I think Carly's problem now is that she writes too many songs 

She needs to pick some and make them the biggest hits possible

All of her albums since emotion feel like they are a bunch of good album tracks that need better singles 

I think it's just a really good pop album, but nothing amazing like Emotion so it's like nothing really to discuss there, she did what she had to do but when it comes to Carly it became expected so no one is surprised when she delivers good pop music

Julien is the only good song on it 

Nothing went wrong

She came off of an album that unexpectedly gave her a cult following and a way to reinvent herself in a way that made her more than just Call Me Maybe to the pop indie crowd. She obviously works very hard with each album so the quality is always consistent. It has been awhile since I listened to songs off it though. However Comeback from Side B is one of her best songs IMHO.

20 hours ago, NewStanner said:

Nothing went wrong, since the album is great. Obviously it's not on the godlike level of Emotions and especially Emotions Side B, but it's still a solid record and 10000 times better than The Blandest Time

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.