Better artistry? Taylor Swift vs Ariana Grande

Ricardo1993

Better artistry?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Better artistry?

Which of these pop girls has the better artistry in terms of lyricism, concepts, musical output, visual output, co production, instruments, etc etc 

4 minutes ago, FightDragonsWithMe said:

Taylor sweetie...

8 minutes ago, FightDragonsWithMe said:

Taylor sweetie...

^^

I mean, what is Ariana’s artistry? No offence, she has a very nice voice but that’s it. She barely input anything in the creation of her music relative to Taylor. 

7 minutes ago, BtDecember said:

^^

I mean, what is Ariana’s artistry? No offence, she has a very nice voice but that’s it. She barely input anything in the creation of her music relative to Taylor. 

There really isn’t much artistry for Ariana. I guess sampling *NSYNC and The Sound Of Music and making a music video based on Mean Girls :deadbanana2:

When it comes to artistry, Taylor wins by light years obviously :gaylorcat2:

Edited by brainmaniac

While Taylor has the benefit of being the blond, white media darling who gets over-praised while often being mediocre, the heights of her artistry surpasses Ariana in everything but vocals.

1 minute ago, suburbannature said:

While Taylor has the benefit of being the blond, white media darling who gets over-praised while often being mediocre, the heights of her artistry surpasses Ariana in everything but vocals.

Ariana's white too. 

Ari is one of my faves, but…. What input does she give? She can compile songs into an album, she knows how to give a good visual, and she’s got the vocals, but other than that, I feel like she barely adds to or changes these songs. 

Ariana Is pretty and serves Barbie for grown up gays. Idk if that’s artistry. Maybe image? I live for ha tho. 

taylor is a songwriter so it’s a no brainer there

Ariana is a Singer, Taylor is a Songwriter. Pretty clear Taylor is more involved in the Arts. 

I'm just gonna say Ari

5 hours ago, littlebodybigheart said:

ariana does not have any artistry at all. she’s just somebody that can sing.

One could argue that singing is an art form in itself that not many people could pull off. Sure there's random people at church or your local dive bar that can sing circles around our faves but let's be honest the average person on the street does not sing well even with vocal training. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.