❄️ alex's best of 2022 ❄️ | AOTY + SOTY Revealed!

Alex

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex

• TalkThatRihanna

• Alldeezy

• TheWayWeWere

YES Serpentina is so disappointing for me too. It's like she had and idea for going mid-2000s Timbaland type of pop but it ended up failing :deadbanana4:

i give Rina some pass cause i really enjoy HTG title track a lot but yeah it's the album also a downgrade from Sawayama

gonna comment on two updates since I missed one :fan:

Unholy overhated bop, LOL was done dirty!! fun bop, the rest suck, especially the Anne Marie song :bibliahh:

The Kick, Dirt Femme and About Last Night only in HMs :sosad: at least they made it, the Flo and Noah albums were cute too

I actually love some of your biggest disappointments :emofish: Nymph was amazing to me, it grew sooo much. Las Ruinas was also good, had some filler but the standouts were great. Hold the Girl I also loved :emofish: the rest I do agree, especially Banks :rip: horrid album. Baby Tate and Ella were the definition of mid.

Hold the girl :jonny6:  the album got me into rina but then I heard her first then became a fan so I can understand the drop after her brilliant debut 

I haven't been checking for BANKS since Holding Back honestly. She just lost that flare she had back when.
I have to finish Nymph. I thought the singles were great tbh (if the ones I'm thinking about are on there)

I didn't know Ella released anything other than singles :deadbanana:

Damn so many disappointments, we love being haters :heart:  many of my faves let me down this year too so we in this 2gether.

For me Nymph was more a disappointment in the sense that it wasn't on par with the singles with a few exceptions, but I still enjoyed it

Las Ruinas was good, but indeed nowhere near the cultural resets of Nasty nor Anger Management. She's done for.

The rest are indeed **** :clap3: (or I've not heard and trust you)

okay before we move onto the final Best Of lists, here is

Honourable Mentions

(songs)

6xSoHKZ.gif

On 12/11/2022 at 7:45 PM, cockatoo said:

Rico really fell off omg :deadbanana2:

Yeah I was so disappointed with heart on my sleeve, I really liked her debut and her EPs. She needs to stick with bops. I get she was probably trying to be an artiste but it came across as painfully generic.

lmao like what was Ella thinking, she completely bombed :deadbanana4:

On 12/11/2022 at 7:45 PM, Insanity said:

Hold The Girl is a little disappointment from Sawayama but oh well  

the rest I haven't heard 

evidently you're not missing much :coffee:

On 12/11/2022 at 7:48 PM, Sanguine said:

You're not right for the Nymph slander omgggg amazing album ('m a huge huge fan of her so I'm a bit biased tho) but at least Heaven is in highlights :heart2: I liked Las Ruinas too even though it did have a few duds, she really can't make a consistent project. Thirdly, I was able to stockholm myself into loving Hold the Girl :fan:

Now the OTHERS... yeah. Lights bad, Banks really bad + embarrassing, Ella and Baby Tate bleh

well i'm glad you admit they're all bad in some capacity, we see each other! Nymph just wasn't for me I fear :coffee:

On 12/11/2022 at 7:49 PM, TalkThatRihanna said:

Hold The Girl & Ella are the only ones I know on this update. HTG had some good tracks tbh

Ella was a huge disappointment because I loved her debut so much :rip:

I was expecting a huge comeback for Ella not a complete silent drop :rip: 

21 hours ago, TheWayWeWere said:

Banks lashings is a bit too much :skull: yeah, it's her weakest record, but she still can do some artsy bops

HTG is suprisingly... not good :skull: I can't at her serving some amazing bawps and then releasing mediocre albums

PEP grows on me over the year tbh :-* I love her aesthetics so so much 

I think the general consensus is that Serpentina was undercooked and underwhelming. 

Spill with HTG, critics give her way too much lenience now tbh...

PEP was... beautiful gowns :mandown:

19 hours ago, dreamofyou said:

hold the girl:chick3::chick3::chick3::chick3:

:dies:

19 hours ago, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

YES Serpentina is so disappointing for me too. It's like she had and idea for going mid-2000s Timbaland type of pop but it ended up failing :deadbanana4:

i give Rina some pass cause i really enjoy HTG title track a lot but yeah it's the album also a downgrade from Sawayama

ugh Serpentina had me fooled because the singles were solid (minus The Devil) but the entire album turned out to be that :deadbanana2:

19 hours ago, luckystrike said:

gonna comment on two updates since I missed one :fan:

Unholy overhated bop, LOL was done dirty!! fun bop, the rest suck, especially the Anne Marie song :bibliahh:

The Kick, Dirt Femme and About Last Night only in HMs :sosad: at least they made it, the Flo and Noah albums were cute too

I actually love some of your biggest disappointments :emofish: Nymph was amazing to me, it grew sooo much. Las Ruinas was also good, had some filler but the standouts were great. Hold the Girl I also loved :emofish: the rest I do agree, especially Banks :rip: horrid album. Baby Tate and Ella were the definition of mid.

LOL is so bad plsss :redface:

yeah my top 10 AOTYs are so so strong so unfortunately a few great records missed the cut! 

I'm glad you enjoyed some of my disappointments, just proves how subjective taste really is! :celestial5:

18 hours ago, Allday said:

Hold the girl :jonny6:  the album got me into rina but then I heard her first then became a fan so I can understand the drop after her brilliant debut 

yeah it's sad how she turned herself into some sort of gimmick idk! SAWAYAMA was great.

15 hours ago, MP2K said:

I haven't been checking for BANKS since Holding Back honestly. She just lost that flare she had back when.
I have to finish Nymph. I thought the singles were great tbh (if the ones I'm thinking about are on there)

I didn't know Ella released anything other than singles :deadbanana:

BANKS' artistic downfall has been sad to watch. I wish she released more songs in the vein of Underdog

djsnnjksdnjks Ella's album did that badly that people just didn't know she was dropping :toofunny2:

8 hours ago, theblackestday said:

Damn so many disappointments, we love being haters :heart:  many of my faves let me down this year too so we in this 2gether.

For me Nymph was more a disappointment in the sense that it wasn't on par with the singles with a few exceptions, but I still enjoyed it

Las Ruinas was good, but indeed nowhere near the cultural resets of Nasty nor Anger Management. She's done for.

The rest are indeed **** :clap3: (or I've not heard and trust you)

exactly...  :clap3:

i wish there wasn't so many lol

15 minutes ago, dangerousalex said:

:deadbanana2:

LOL is so bad plsss :redface:

yeah my top 10 AOTYs are so so strong so unfortunately a few great records missed the cut! 

I'm glad you enjoyed some of my disappointments, just proves how subjective taste really is! :celestial5:

LOL is such a BOP and it's true taste is subjective. What my ears like someone else will hate lol that's why there's so much music there's something for everyone to enjoy :cm:

Mahalia :jonny5: so nice to see it somewhere besides my lists :jonny5:

Animal is a bop for ages :katie2: 

Picking Berries is such a nice lowkey bop and kinda unexpected based on the rest of the album.

Animal is basically a Raye song and that's why it's so great :clap3:

Carboard Box and Forever :jonny6:

No comment on Don't Say Nothing :gaycat6:

Glad to see Dirt Femme getting a little love on your list! :foxaylove:

the stunning graphics and gifs :giraffe:

i also love every other ep you ranked in the top five so i should probably check out daya 

nnnnn nymph is slowly, slowly growing on me but that’s an issue in it of itself 

snoozetina and hold the serves lashings :santa:

Your graphics are getting better year by year like whew

You already know I stan the RNB picks, FLO and Ravyn devoured this year and I'm excited for their future.

Mostly agree with disappointments and worst songs, it's all just so whatever and I see some people gagging like.. ok!

HMs tho are already strong and a shame they missed the main list, but I know those are gonna be great as well

• ATRL Moderator

For me HTGwasn’t a big disappointment but then again I think people overrated Sawayama.  

mani pedi was a huge letdown though.  Who told her she should sing? 

im in the smallest minority but Las Ruinas is Rico’s best project! 

Animal, Cardboard Box, Don't Say Nothin :clap3: can't remember if I listened to that Remi feature or not, think so but lemme revisit

Animal, Cardboard Box, Pineapple Slice and Picking Berries :clap3: all mega bops deserving of a honorable mention 

6 hours ago, dangerousalex said:

BANKS' artistic downfall has been sad to watch. I wish she released more songs in the vein of Underdog

Sometimes it's just best to stick with what you know and what works, you know. Her old style is still in.

Animal :WAP:

Pineapple Slice is the only good song on the Tove album (bar HL)

Cardboard Box and Dfmu are great picks too

Pool is a good one. Don't remember Deeper from the Kim leak so I'm gonna have to assume it was one of my least faves. :mandown: Fine with Pineapple Slice missing the main chart even though I enjoy it. Cardboard Box being here kinda hurts though :emofish: A big 2022 highlight for me.

Animal is one the best song on the album yup yup :clap3:

Cardboard Box and Surround Sound are bangers too like it's one of my favorite songs of the year :jonnycat:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.