Michelle Yeoh joins Ariana's Wicked

Gui Blackout

This movie will be even more of a slay :clap:

we love to see talent winning! so happy that EEAAO kicked off a new career high for her.

Here for it!

The first good casting news this movie has delivered lmao :rip:  it won’t be enough to offset the mess and collective disappointment, but looking forward to seeing her take in the role. I also didn’t know she sang!

JustLikeHoney

I love her so much. She makes anything great. The whole movie could be a mess and her role would.be perfect. 

I love how she’s literally everywhere now. It’s what she deserves.

Also she’s gonna carry that movie on her back.

After a breakthrough role so important the best she's getting is Jon M.Chu , Transformers and the Poirot direct to Disney plus movie. Not a main actor in all of them :biblio:

Edited by vale9001

Madame Morrible makes the show what it is :falcon:

she’s going to eat but this movie is going to be trash i fear :jonny5: the majority of the casting is horrendous and the fact that they’re splitting it into two movies is an embarrassing cheap cash grab :jonny5:

Another Asian-American joining!  :clap3:

3 hours ago, sourtwink said:

the majority of the casting is horrendous

Huh? I can undertand hesitation over Ariana, but how are Cynthia Erivo and Jonathan Bailey horrendous?

Edited by Gui Blackout

1 hour ago, vale9001 said:

After a breakthrough role so important the best she's getting is Jon M.Chu , Transformers and the Poirot direct to Disney plus movie. Not a main actor in all of them 

everything is LITERALLY the first time ever she got to lead a hollywood film, and she's 60. do you think hollywood is suddenly going to come out of the woodwork writing good roles for her? 

7 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

everything is LITERALLY the first time ever she got to lead a hollywood film, and she's 60. do you think hollywood is suddenly going to come out of the woodwork writing good roles for her? 

60???? i thought she was like 48-50 :ninja:

Yeah this is change things a little bit but still after such an important movie both at the box office both for the movie culture i would expect a little bit more.

I mean she got a role in the poirot all star movie?. Why not a role in the next all star movie by Wes Anderson?. I hope she can get something more and I mean films we're gonna see at festivals and from important directors. Not only transformers and stuff. Just that. 

Edited by vale9001

5 hours ago, TaylorNation said:

Here for it!

The first good casting news this movie has delivered lmao :rip:  it won’t be enough to offset the mess and collective disappointment, but looking forward to seeing her take in the role. I also didn’t know she sang!

4 hours ago, sourtwink said:

she’s going to eat but this movie is going to be trash i fear :jonny5: the majority of the casting is horrendous and the fact that they’re splitting it into two movies is an embarrassing cheap cash grab :jonny5:

Every casting choice has been great, what are y’all on?:deadbanana4:

12 minutes ago, Gerardo said:

Yeah i mean they have to hate anytime a popstar makes a movie, they seem these Bros movie fans on Twitter.

Ariana Is perfect for the role: for the looks, the attitude and the vocal range.

Jonathan Bailey Is a great cast choice too.

I only have doubts about cynthia for the part of the story when She has to be that young. 

Edited by vale9001

23 minutes ago, Gerardo said:

not to Wicked fans and the broadway/theater community sis, this movie gets lashed daily and no one takes it seriously :rip: the Michelle casting announcement is the first time I have seen a collective positive reaction since the movie was announced

no one is here for Ariana except her stans and Cynthia is way too old for the part. Jonathan is really cute and a good fit imo but also a bit too old

Edited by TaylorNation

Oh my GOD! :WAP: What incredible casting. Every casting announcement so far has been absolutely perfect! I can't wait for this!

11 hours ago, X~MoviePoP said:

Ariana is miscast.

Can michelle sing?

Ill still watch...but its giving CATS

yeah she does 

12 hours ago, Taylena said:

Another Asian-American joining!  :clap3:

You knew what you were doing there :ahh:

This movie will bomb. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.