If Christina had released albums more frequently, what would have changed?

Slap

Christina is known for consistently long gaps between albums, some could argue this allowed her to hone her craft more, others have argued that it got in the way of her commercial success because of the long waits.

Do you think it made a difference? If so, where would Christina’s career be commercially if she had released more frequently?

:gaycatina1:

Edited by Slap

I mean maybe she would've been slightly more successful if she released Bionic before Gaga took over but her careee would've followed the same path regardless imo 

She would have more top 10 singles I'd say. It all depends on how she promoted it and what would be going on with her image at the time. 

Her legacy wouldn’t be so question as it is now. Don’t get me wrong her career is impressive but it’s also underwhelming.

If she released more she would’ve been bigger than she was honesty.

With each massive break you seen a decline with sales & interest. I’m sorry Christina just isn’t interesting enough to care after a long break especially when her peers was feeding us often. 

It’s odd though RCA had a pop star who could sing in Spanish and English yet still went with the long unnecessary breaks:rip: I’m shock her label let her do that.

The christmas album while I love it was a mistake. She should’ve released another English album in late 2000 early 2001. That could’ve been slightly more mature and not made stripped seem so jarring. 

also her delaying bionic and releasing a greatest hits album was her other big mistake. Those two corrections and she would have more sales and have a cemented legacy that wouldn’t be questioned. 

7 minutes ago, Power love said:

Her legacy wouldn’t be so question as it is now. Don’t get me wrong her career is impressive but it’s also underwhelming.

If she released more she would’ve been bigger than she was honesty.

With each massive break you seen a decline with sales & interest. I’m sorry Christina just isn’t interesting enough to care after a long break especially when her peers was feeding us often. 

It’s odd though RCA had a pop star who could sing in Spanish and English yet still went with the long unnecessary breaks:rip: I’m shock her label let her do that.

I wonder if she was trying to emulate the former musical greats like Janet who had long breaks in the 80’s and 90’s. I just don’t think it worked from the 2000’s onwards at all, especially by the time Bionic came around she could’ve had at the very least two or three more eras under her belt. Bionic wasn’t even bad, but if it’s your only studio album in four years that’s a lot of hype and wait to live up to and I think it set her up for failure. 

1 minute ago, Mtjjproducer said:

also her delaying bionic and releasing a greatest hits album was her other big mistake. Those two corrections and she would have more sales and have a cemented legacy that wouldn’t be questioned. 

I didn’t realize she delayed Bionic, yikes. That Greatest Hits compilation was not a good idea, it wasted all the hype and got dragged to hell and back in the stan world. I thought B2B was a quality era in terms of visuals and aesthetics, so it seems a lil uninspired to do a greatest hits and make people wait years for it. 

JustLikeHoney

No. Christina had many hit singles (which back then meant she was heard more than than people who had big albums but we're not played in the radio) and even a Christmas album between her first and second album. 

Other pop girls had no choice but to quickly offer a second and even a third album before Christina offered her second album because radio wouldn't play their poor quality singles. Those other pop princesses didn't have a choice, they had to release albums more quickly to stay relevant to casual listeners. 

Edited by JustLikeHoney

52 minutes ago, JustLikeHoney said:

No. Christina had many hit singles (which back then meant she was heard more than than people who had big albums but we're not played in the radio) and even a Christmas album between her first and second album. 

Other pop girls had no choice but to quickly offer a second and even a third album before Christina offered her second album because radio wouldn't play their poor quality singles. Those other pop princesses didn't have a choice, they had to release albums more quickly to stay relevant to casual listeners. 

so back to basics "hits" carried her all the way until 2010 ??

JustLikeHoney
1 hour ago, dreampop said:

so back to basics "hits" carried her all the way until 2010 ??

She had a top ten off her greatest hits album. She also gave birth to her first child in that time. Jesus y'all are too much. :laugh:

B2B

ANOM - 2006

Hurt -2006 

CM -2007

GH 

KGB 2008

So she only really spent 2 years off the radio. 

Edited by JustLikeHoney

36 minutes ago, JustLikeHoney said:

She had a top ten off her greatest hits album. She also gave birth to her first child in that time. Jesus y'all are too much. :laugh:

B2B

ANOM - 2006

Hurt -2006 

CM -2007

GH 

KGB 2008

This thread isn’t an attack on her it’s asking what would have happened IF she had released more often. If you don’t think she needed to that’s fine but it’s a hypothetical question. I think she would’ve had better long term commercial success if she did, but whether that was possible for her is another question. 

40 minutes ago, JustLikeHoney said:

B2B

ANOM - 2006

Hurt -2006 

CM -2007

GH 

KGB 2008

kgb was a huge flop, i dont care about its cute lil peak

JustLikeHoney
1 minute ago, FunCoric said:

1 minute ago, FunCoric said:

Cool.

Not much. I think we'd have more songs like Feel This Moment or Moves Like Jagger. I don't like either, lol.

She's one of those artists that will peak at certain times and then fade back down. People recognise talent and the quality IS there, even with the inconsistent albums. I actually think she chose the right career path, given how she's faring in terms of health / success / etc.

JustLikeHoney
6 minutes ago, Slap said:

This thread isn’t an attack on her it’s asking what would have happened IF she had released more often. If you don’t think she needed to that’s fine but it’s a hypothetical question. I think she would’ve had better long term commercial success if she did, but whether that was possible for her is another question. 

I was responding to someone who attacked my initial response. I think Bionic did terrible because of some made up Perez induced feud. IMO. It's true The Fame was a better album. I loved that album but Bionic should not have flopped as hard as it did. It had some cute bops and great ballads. It was mostly because weird online rumor sites. 

Nothing differently would've happened, she released singles in between album eras so it's not like she was MIA from the music scene, the reason of her downfall was the rise of newer pop stars she couldn't compete with and the lack of a strong fanbase that would support her through the years.

Madonna, Janet, Mariah, Britney, Beyoncé, Gaga and more recently Taylor they all succeed in building their brand and establishing a long lasting relationship with her fanbase whereas Christina didn't, it doesn't have to do with how often she released music or not, it's a matter of how she doesn't have a fanbase and we started seeing that after B2B. Her sales and tour power decreased massively after B2B and she simply let it happen. That was her fault, the moment she knew things were getting rocky for her she should've come back stronger, better material, focus on whatever made her distinctive from the rest and she lost a lot of

fans.

she really should have released a full album in 2008 when literally every female pop star released one. she still had industry support back then and would have cemented her fanbase going into the 2010's. 

but her son was just born then and I can blame her for prioritizing her personal life over her career even at the cost of her, well, career.

same thing happened in 2013, when she had a couple of Top 10 collabs and got skinty. perfect time to release new music but she got knocked up instead. 

:michael:

i mean i'm glad she seems very happy in her personal life now but i do wish we have more music than we have now.

1 hour ago, JustLikeHoney said:

I was responding to someone who attacked my initial response. I think Bionic did terrible because of some made up Perez induced feud. IMO. It's true The Fame was a better album. I loved that album but Bionic should not have flopped as hard as it did. It had some cute bops and great ballads. It was mostly because weird online rumor sites. 

Fair enough. Agreed, it was a lot of bad circumstances but I think she overestimated the quality of Bionic when talking about it which made people more critical, and people acted like it was total **** when it was actually just a bit too long and had some great songs on it. I think had it been shorter and not seen as a comeback album it would not have been considered such a flop. Elastic Love still bops. 

1 hour ago, elevate said:

Not much. I think we'd have more songs like Feel This Moment or Moves Like Jagger. I don't like either, lol.

She's one of those artists that will peak at certain times and then fade back down. People recognise talent and the quality IS there, even with the inconsistent albums. I actually think she chose the right career path, given how she's faring in terms of health / success / etc.

It hurts me that her biggest songs are my

least favorite and imo don’t even feel like Xtina songs really. She has so much more to offer but that’s the same for lots of MPGs. 

Edited by Slap

1 hour ago, popmusicisdead said:

she really should have released a full album in 2008 when literally every female pop star released one. she still had industry support back then and would have cemented her fanbase going into the 2010's. 

but her son was just born then and I can blame her for prioritizing her personal life over her career even at the cost of her, well, career.

same thing happened in 2013, when she had a couple of Top 10 collabs and got skinty. perfect time to release new music but she got knocked up instead. 

:michael:

i mean i'm glad she seems very happy in her personal life now but i do wish we have more music than we have now.

She had just released Lotus in 2012, so i understand her taking a backseat during 2013 but she kept releasing collabs like Feel This Moment, Hoy Tengo Ganas De Ti and then Say Something. They did well, it's just that the public doesn't seem to care for her studio albums.

Your Body was a nice bop but by the time Adele had taken over the music industry and the sound was shifting, had it been released a year prior maybe it could've helped. Just a Fool should've been her lead single as it did decently without much support.

anyway, the break is kind of a fan fiction moment. She had multiple singles out almost every year.

And albums:

1999 Christina Aguilera 

2000 Mi Reflejo

2000 My Kind of Christmas

2002 Stripped

2006 Back to Basics

2008 Keeps Getting Better

2010 Burlesque

2010 Bionic

2012 Lotus

9 albums (including 1 greatest hits with new music) in 13 years. :rip: 

as far as singles:

"Reflection"[115] 1998 [h]   Mulan
and Christina Aguilera
"Genie in a Bottle" 1999 1 2 1 1 2 2 2 2 2 1 Christina Aguilera
"The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire)"[120][121] 18 22   My Kind of Christmas
"What a Girl Wants" 1 5 22 5 18 7 9 1 17 3 Christina Aguilera
"I Turn to You" 2000 3 40 10 65 17 40 11 30 19  
"Come On Over Baby (All I Want Is You)" 1 9 35 14 27 9 6 2 21 8
"Ven Conmigo (Solamente Tú)"[125]   Mi Reflejo
"Pero Me Acuerdo de Ti"[126]  
"Nobody Wants to Be Lonely"
(with Ricky Martin)
2001 13 8 13 6 5 12 3 1 2 4 Sound Loaded
"Lady Marmalade"
(with Lil' Kim, Mýa and Pink)
1 1 3 17 1 1 2 1 1 1 Moulin Rouge!
"Falsas Esperanzas"
"Dirrty"
(featuring Redman)
2002 48 4 5 5 4 1 2 20 3 1 Stripped
"Beautiful" 2 1 5 1 4 1 2 1 7 1
"Fighter" 2003 20 5 12 3 13 4 5 14 11 3
"Can't Hold Us Down"
(featuring Lil' Kim)
12 5 13 9 5 10 2 11 6
"The Voice Within" 33 8 7 10 13 4 6 16 3 9  
"Car Wash"
(featuring Missy Elliott)
2004 63 2 11 6 5 3 2 5 4 Shark Tale
"Ain't No Other Man" 2006 6 6 7 4 5 3 11 5 5 2 Back to Basics
"Hurt" 19 9 2 28 2 6 2 1 11
"Candyman" 2007 25 2 14 9 11 12 12 2 11 17
"Slow Down Baby" 21  
"Oh Mother" 23 18 [j] 79  
"Keeps Gettin' Better" 2008 7 26 15 4 14 14 [k] 36 21 14   Keeps Gettin' Better: A Decade of Hits
"Not Myself Tonight" 2010 23 22 26 11 24 18 32 42 12 Bionic
"Woohoo"
(featuring Nicki Minaj)
79 46 148  
"You Lost Me" [l] 153  
"I Hate Boys"[m] [n]  
"Express" [o] 54 75   Burlesque
"Show Me How You Burlesque" 70 29 92 89 8 26  
"Your Body" 2012 34 59 19 10 29 46 [p] 34 22 16   Lotus
Edited by suburbannature

Nothing.. She has huge success with move like jagger and say something. 

I truly think she just didn't release the right music. She needed hits but released fillers/Mediocre music

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.