Neve Campbell talks about turning down Lara Croft in 2000

okgo

lara-croft-pc-version-looks-like-neve-ca

Neve Campbell joined Dax and Monica in the latest episode of the Armchair Expert with Dax Shepard podcast released yesterday, December 5, and she talked about turning down the role of Lara Croft in the 2001 live action adventure film, which went on to be portrayed by Angelina Jolie, who also starred in a sequel.

Campbell said, "they came to me with Lara Croft and I was just, I had this idea that I was going to have a different career and I was like 'no, Lara Croft? that's silly,' and I had also been doing horror movies -- which aren't really my thing. And you know, people are always like "why did you choose Scream?" and it's like, 'it was the first lead in a movie I was offered!' You know what I mean? I'm really grateful for those movies but it's certainly not the stuff I grew up watching or I choose to watch. So yeah, Lara Croft felt like a sidestep, sort of felt similar to that. Then they came to me with Alien vs. Predator, and I'd say to my team 'I don't want to do horror!' [...] so yeah, those are probably the movies that did very well and I probably should've done. But I'm fine with it."

Campbell had previously revealed she had turned down the role in favor of independent projects she felt passionate about, such as Panic with William H. Macy and Donald Sutherland, Last Call, opposite Jeremy Irons, and The Company, directed by Robert Altman.

Campbell also talked about being grateful for becoming the face of the Scream fanchise and her emotional journey with it, "The first one was so good for me, it was so huge, I couldn't believe it. And they are really good movies, I'm aware of that, I'm also aware that there are audiences who just love these movies and it means a lot, so I'm very, very grateful for them. But I certainly did go through a period of time where all I was getting offered was horror movies, you know? And so I was just resenting it a little bit, just wanting things to shift, so I actually moved to England, which was a really good choice for me. [Where] I did a few plays."

Edited by okgo

That could have been huge for her. It's unfortunate that she kept on turning down roles, waiting for something better to come along. 

Sorry, but what a stupid ***** :deadbanana2:

ewww she always makes insufferable face expressions thank god :deadbanana4:

• ATRL Moderator

I really love how she's having a resurgence with 5cream and Lincoln Lawyer. She has the range and deserves more recognition :wanda:

She could have been such a legend beyond Scream :sosad:

But I'm glad she's happy with the choices she's made :heart2:

But then she chose to be a guest-star on Grey's Anatomy :giraffe:

I never knew how much she resembled Lara Croft but tbh it’s good she turned it down. The special effects would’ve aged like absolute milk. 

she has some nerve acting artsy fartsy and then doing this crap 

Threetotango01.jpg

anyway she had a great look for lara unlike angelica

Lara Croft would tank, Angelina Jolie carried that franchise 

MadonnasBoyfriend
8 hours ago, FunCoric said:

she has some nerve acting artsy fartsy and then doing this crap 

Threetotango01.jpg

anyway she had a great look for lara unlike angelica

What's this about? 3somes? Mathew Perry when he was still hot :jonny5:

I love her but nobody could have done Lara better than Angelina. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.