Did Ariana Grande waste her imperial years?

MotoPapi

Thank you, next was a resounding success. She became a solidified MPG and the hits from that album were a huge success. 

however she followed up that momentum with a slower/chill album that was a departure from the fun sound of TUN and then went to join a singing competition show as a judge (mostly reserved for C list celebrities who peaked decades ago) and then disappeared and got married.

I have a feeling when she comes back with a new project she will not see as much success and the GP would have moved on from her. 

did Ariana (Run Pop) Grande waste her imperial years? 

Thank You Next Behind The Scenes GIF by Ariana Grande

Hard to consider anything about her career as “wasted” when she’s still exceedingly popular and successful. :rip:

I think she has but her next Era could very well smash 

Taylor repeaking and smashing this hard signals that the final demolition of real vocalists is near :redface: Ari isn’t safe! Ariana should slash her range in half and start talking in her songs more to give an impression that she gets Mariahed! 

Edited by Kh-Loud

littlebodybigheart

we’ll know with her next album but yeah i don’t think she has the talent/musicality to go much further than she already has.

Not releasing more songs from tuna as singles was her biggest mistake

• ATRL Moderator

I mean she's already demonstrated great staying power (especially with her singles). Maybe Positions wasn't like a massive behemoth of an era but I don't think it was really meant to be. If she wants it, she can get it methinks. Perched for more music :jamming:

literally what? :rip:

positions was absolutely massive. 

there are no signs pointing to decline and whatever happens next really just depends on the quality of the music and if people are still interested.

but the signs point to the next album being another 100+ week charting smash album.

Edited by selena_lavigne

if you look at this info from BB you can see that positions is her 3rd best charting album and is her 2nd album in a row to be at #1 for multiple weeks, which is a difficult thing to get, not everybody has that :cm: nothing was wasted except maybe pushing out more singles. but since her album tracks already charted pretty high, and the singles that she did release were SPAMMED on radio, there was really no point.
Thank U, Next
12 WKS

Dangerous Woman

Positions

12 WKS

Sweetener

11 WKS

My Everything

11 WKS

Yours Truly

11 WKS

Waste it how? She is one of the biggest streaming artist of all time:michael: and put out 3 Albums and dozens of singles and collabs Smash hits since her peak

I think she's right where she wants to be career wise. Thank U Next was a huge hit for her and one of her most memorable ones too.

She’s incredibly rich, has her hits, has her accolades, and looks to be satisfied living a more laidback life. If she is happy in the position she’s in, she hasn’t “wasted” anything. 

Care to explain how being the biggest female in pop for multiple years, with a 3-year string of #1 hits, and the second artist in history to occupy the entire Hot 100 top 3... while at the same time expanding a business empire and achieving a net worth of $250 million before the age of 30... is "wasting her imperial years"?

Absolutely not, she's still smashing pretty hard despite not having been active (especially musically) for over a year now

Wasted is too strong of a word but i don't see how you can look at a 50+% drop from TUN to positions first week and think Ariana fully capitalized on her potential success at her peak

It doesn't mean that positions wasn't successful in its own right, just that it could have been much more if she wanted it to be.

Edited by niiall

I’ve always thought if she put just a slight bit more effort and care into curating her art and taking risks it could’ve taken her to an even higher level.  But she ain’t really about that, and it’s something I’ve come to accept. :rip: She’s established herself, comfortable in her lane and it is what is. 

I think she really missed the mark on a bunch of potential hits. Motive, Sweetener, Nasa, Needy, Be Alright (biggest rob EVER) and several songs on My Everything. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.