Kylie Minogue delivered Pop Rock perfection in 1997 with “Did it again”

Kimmo

That’s right… The real Queen of Indie Pop was delivering perfection left and right

Fun facts:

Minogue and long-term collaborator and friend William Baker designed the clothing for each character: Sex Kylie, Cute Kylie, Indie Kylie, and Dance Kylie.

Each character represented a different appearance and persona; Baker labelled Sex Kylie as a “Drag Queen” 
with a "bitchy" attitude and "slutty" appearance. Dance Kylie had, according to Baker, an "irritating frothiness", while Cute Kylie had violet-coloured hot pants and a bra. 

The outfit for Indie Kylie, which was red three-quarter pants with a high-collar shirt, was inspired by Star Trek films that was assisted by British fashion design, Pellicano.

The video was a "fun" way to portray her media images throughout her career. Regarding her "Indie Kylie" phase, Minogue commented "I don't mind being labelled Indie Kylie, I've had so many labels, but labels are a bit silly because I'm so many things, we all are."

She also started the "I am fighting with my clone" thing that Britney, Madonna and Pink followed.

You all don't deserve her.

MadonnasBoyfriend

I think the video is better than the song which is kinda plain

25 minutes ago, P.O.P said:

She also started the "I am fighting with my clone" thing that Britney, Madonna and Pink followed.

You all don't deserve her.

Facts Only :clap3:

I have this fan theory that my Queen Gaga was also heavily inspired by her, especially when you watch “In My Arms”

… another fun fact about that video is that her dancer Christopher Shazar will later become one of Gaga’s dancers and now assistant choreographer :clap3:

My two favs :wanda:

Edited by Kimmo

8 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

Facts Only :clap3:

I have this fan theory that my Queen Gaga was also heavily inspired by her, especially when you watch “In My Arms”

To be fair, both were inspired by Grace Jones with those looks!

Impossible Princess is such a great album. Extremely underrated, I've always loved this outtake

31 minutes ago, MadonnasBoyfriend said:

I think the video is better than the song which is kinda plain

Same.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.