Replan a B-C-list popgirl that you love's career to make them smash!

MingYouToo

Basically any popgirl who isn't Madonna, Janet, Mariah, Whitney, Celine, Beyonce, Rihanna, Taylor, Katy, Gaga, Ariana, Dua, Olivia, Billie, Doja. Disregard personal issues they went through and just take the artist with foresight as to what will happen if they did what they did in our universe.

Personally I would love to see a Demi Lovato whose career was not going haywire every now and then. She did everything right up until Tell Me You Love Me. She didn't maximize that era to its full potential, Sorry not Sorry was a smash hit, TMYLM shouldve had more push, she shouldve attempted to take over Selena's role in the EDM hook girl space around 2016-2019, Instruction. No Promises and Echame La Culpa were great and she should've done more collabs to establish her LatAm and European presence. A droplet era with more No Promises would easily help her rule alongside Jess Glynne the Euro market.

Assuming she gets multiple global Top 10s with DJs, she's established her European and Asian presence at that point, a pivot to a more European pop sound to prevent Dua Lipa establishing a hold on US soil around 2019. Give her a disco era, she has the diva vocals to pull it off. Also if possible lessen the belting and establish that she is a great vocalist, not a loud one (this was what made Ariana so palatable, she could scream if she wanted to but her peak eras were all about how beautiful her tone was).

Demi had the most promising rise to MPG status since she has the rasp of Miley, softness of Selena's vocals but with the added bonus of being able to flip between those sounds, she can do rock while also do soft ASMR vocals and that's why I feel sad seeing how irrelevant she's become compared to her peers.

I can't plan something if Dove refuses to drop an Album :gaycat7:

Love the Demi analysis! 

I’d have Carly release Run Away With Me as the lead single off of E•MO•TION instead of I Really Like You. 

i would’ve loved to see miley have a better career post bangerz. she’s stupidly talented but her releases have been such a mess.

bangerz could’ve produced like 3 more singles after WB (adore you shouldn't have been single 3). then she should’ve released another mainstream album in 2015. i love dead petz but it could’ve stayed a soundcloud project with no further promotion.

Magdalene should have been a usual album every track deserved visuals 

Demi was never gonna work she’s not smart enough she always open her mouth at the wrong time.

Edited by ugo

zara should've had a bigger push in the US, especially for Lush Life, everyone knows that song despite it peaking in the top 80 (it charted for like 30 weeks in the bubbling under)

and her debut album should've been released in 2015 after LL & NFY smashed, instead of releasing it in 2017 after the hype and momentum were gone

but she put the final nail in her own coffin when she decided to take long breaks thinking she's on beyonce's level or something. she deserves to flop i fear

I couldn’t change Bebe’s, she’s the cockroach of pop

24 minutes ago, Luckitty said:

zara should've had a bigger push in the US, especially for Lush Life, everyone knows that song despite it peaking in the top 80 (it charted for like 30 weeks in the bubbling under)

and her debut album should've been released in 2015 after LL & NFY smashed, instead of releasing it in 2017 after the hype and momentum were gone

but she put the final nail in her own coffin when she decided to take long breaks thinking she's on beyonce's level or something. she deserves to flop i fear

No Zara's issue is that she kept chasing the US audience

She could have been a huge Euro MPG by now had she not kept trying to break into US market

8 minutes ago, reymiu said:

She could have been a huge Euro MPG by now had she not kept trying to break into US market

THIS. Had she established her Euro presence Dua would've never had the chance to do her thing with New Rules, then once she does 2 eras solidifying her presence there with niche radio hits in the US then she can start crossing over while maintaining EU loyalty.

Ciara is the most mismanaged IMO - so much potential, girl works hard a lot, she is talented, ppl like her.... Yet she never picks the right single

2nd era - picking Promise as the lead single pretty much ruined her hype in the long run 

- 1st single: Get Up

- 2nd single: Like a Boy

- 3rd single: Can't Leave Em Alone

- 4th single: Promised 

3rd era: she needs to be more urban during this phase

- 1st single: Love Sex Magic

- 2nd single: G is for Girls

- 3rd single: Tell Me What Your Name Is

- 4th single: Echo

- 5th single: Never Ever

4th era

- 1st single: Turn It Up f. Usher

- 2nd single: Ride

- 3rd single: Yeah I Know

- 4th single: You Can Get It

6 minutes ago, MingYouToo said:

THIS. Had she established her Euro presence Dua would've never had the chance to do her thing with New Rules, then once she does 2 eras solidifying her presence there with niche radio hits in the US then she can start crossing over while maintaining EU loyalty.

Exactly ?

Ava Max is having the same issue too

2 hours ago, reymiu said:

that too, but imo the biggest issue is that she barely releases music, So Good came out 2 years after LL & NFY, Poster Girl came out 4 years after So Good, and it's been almost 3 years since Poster Girl was released with no new album in sight, and her lazy ass barely does anything between eras

not even most MPGs can survive long breaks like that

5 hours ago, MingYouToo said:

Basically any popgirl who isn't Madonna, Janet, Mariah, Whitney, Celine, Beyonce, Rihanna, Taylor, Katy, Gaga, Ariana, Dua, Olivia, Billie, Doja. Disregard personal issues they went through and just take the artist with foresight as to what will happen if they did what they did in our universe.

I refuse to call Kylie a C-list pop girl, but I think her career could've been way bigger stateside with a few key changes.

Can't Get You Out of My Head was the perfect lead, but then In Your Eyes should've been released as the second single around April 2002. Love At First Sight as the third single like it was globally but in July, and then, although I love it very much, Come Into My World shouldn't have been released. Instead Fever should've been the fourth single in October. Finally, to wrap things off and to consolidate her presence in the US, a remix of Give It To Me with Ludacris should've been made the album's final single in February 2003. It should've been as North America-only single unless it smashed there, at which point a global release could've been justified. Kylie should've also done a small theatre-based North American leg for the Fever tour in like September/October 2002, which would've allowed her to strengthen her American fanbase whilst also being able to promote the album + LAFS/Fever concurrently. 

International promo for Fever should've remained more or less the same but with a few key changes, like Love At First Sight being released a month earlier, and then Fever being released as the fourth single in September instead of Come Into My World, which should've been released as the fifth single right before the holidays.

Body Language should've seen Chocolate be the global lead single in October 2003 and Red Blooded Woman the US lead single in January 2004. Then RBW could've been the second international single in January 2004 and Chocolate the second US single in April 2004. Obsession should've been the third single everywhere (globally in April and in the US in July), followed by Slow as the fourth global single in July while Loving Days was the fourth US single in October 2004.

Ultimate Kylie should've come out as planned with I Believe In You being released as the lead in October 2004. In the US it should've been marketed as a compilation album rather than a greatest hits one, with some of the newer US hits being replaced with B-sides to make sure all the material included was unfamiliar and new to Americans. I Believe In You should've been released as the lead in January 2005 followed by the album itself in February.

I have a lot more stuff to say but I feel like the post is long enough as it is, so I'll just stop here. I do think that with these rollouts instead Kylie would've been way better established in the US (around the same level of popularity as J-Lo in the mid-2000s, NOT the early 2000s), and her subsequent albums would've done infinitely better by virtue of that.

3 hours ago, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

Body Language should've seen Chocolate be the global lead single in October 2003 and Red Blooded Woman the US lead single in January 2004. Then RBW could've been the second international single in January 2004 and Chocolate the second US single in April 2004. Obsession should've been the third single everywhere (globally in April and in the US in July), followed by Slow as the fourth global single in July while Loving Days was the fourth US single in October 2004.

Worst take ever :deadbanana2:Slow was the only hit from BL (in Europe) and you would take that away :rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.