Gaga on BTW in 2011: "you'll appreciate it in 20 years"

perfillusion

And she didn't lie. :clap3:We love a Mastermind.mp3  

Like....who would have thought that the blasphemous tracks Judas and Bloody Mary would be the most popular 11 years later :laugh: 

Edited by State of Grace.

I've been thinking a lot about this. She talked about how Born This Way was an important album to get out to the children in the US and that being why the entire album is censored.

That generation she made the album for is grown up now and we're the tastemakers. It doesn't seem like a coincidence that this is all happening.

I appreciated it back then and will continue to do so 20 years after.

She did not lie!

perfillusion

Feels like the explosion in homophobia these past years has made this record a lot more meaningful. 

Album of the decade but she didn't say which one :clap3:

BTW is one of the few albums I would die on a hill defending. And she was absolutely correct back then when she said this.

She’s really ahead of her time. 

16 minutes ago, Century said:

I've been thinking a lot about this. She talked about how Born This Way was an important album to get out to the children in the US and that being why the entire album is censored.

That generation she made the album for is grown up now and we're the tastemakers. It doesn't seem like a coincidence that this is all happening.

The way my internet access was taken away because of this album :falcon:

Being a BTW stan since day 1, feels amazing to be on the RIGHT side of history. A true LEGEND in every sense of the word  :jonny5:

people dont understand how much energy and creativity went into this project.. Like this is truly a masterpiece front to back and it was truly too ahead of its time. Well done visionary gaga

8 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

people dont understand how much energy and creativity went into this project.. Like this is truly a masterpiece front to back and it was truly too ahead of its time. Well done visionary gaga

You said it so well. :jonny5:

That's what happens when you have an artistic vision, ambition, and refuse to give into trends :clap3:

She refused to work with all the big producers all the pop girls were working with at the time, which has allowed the album to sound timeless 

I respect her for not doing what everyone was doing and working with the same producers and instead doing something out of the box

She really said arts first - justice for Edge of Glory which deserved to be the 2nd #1 

She lied, it only took 11 years for locals to appreciate it :thing: We been appreciateth since the beginning

44 minutes ago, Marry Illusion Glory said:

Being a BTW stan since day 1, feels amazing to be on the RIGHT side of history. A true LEGEND in every sense of the word  :jonny5:

me trying to not stare at her boobs while she has her eyes covered in sunglasses

The literal definition of ahead of its time.

Miss Nostradamus didn't lie it was just way to ahead of its time for some like Artpop. People will appreciate that in 30 years. 

24 minutes ago, Smarticle said:

me trying to not stare at her boobs while she has her eyes covered in sunglasses

The whole interview was a kii, she had a nip slip and the interviewer's reaction was just :ahh:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.