Electra Heart aged like fine wine. Are you surprised as I am?

Bloodflowers.

Was blasting Electra Heart this past week and I can't believe how good this album stood the test of time :jonnycat:

19 tracks, zero fillers. Wow!

Yes, proof of this being the two „new“ Platinum Blonde Edition tracks securing a spot each in my Top 20 most listened songs this year :jonny:

I'm not surprised at all, it's an amazing album and i'm shocked it was reviewed so badly when it came out. It's such a great atmospheric pop record and her vocals are hypnotizing.

It was ahead of its time. The lyricism is what really stands out for being so good. She was doing Lana and Gaga type ish, but never really got the same appreciation. You can put on any song from that album on AUX today and it will still slap

Edited by Gorjesspazze9

I remember when i thought Teen idle was lyrical masterpice :rip: The cringe i feel hearing it now...

EH and Lana's BTD are like 2012 Tumblr personified for me :rip: It's definitely a mood, but very of its time.

I can never decide if her constructing an alternate persona to sell out after TFJ was genius or lame.

1 minute ago, Sanctuary said:

EH and Lana's BTD are like 2012 Tumblr personified for me :rip: It's definitely a mood, but very of its time.

I can never decide if her constructing an alternate persona to sell out after TFJ was genius or lame.

Born to Die, Electra Heart, Cry Baby... holy trinity! All bangers, zero fillers!

It's her best album and it deserved better at the time. It's had fantastic longterm success though. 

Living Dead is kinda bad. the others are top notch, yeah

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.