Beyonce/Rihanna have never worked with Max Martin. Surprised?

Tropez

Max Martin is essentially a music titan, he has worked with almost every major pop artist. And has pretty much dominated the music industry since the 90s. But to my knowledge, he has never done a song with Beyonce or Rihanna. The thing is, neither of them actually needs the other. They are all extremely successful in their own right. But at the same time, they have almost worked with everyone. 

Not at all. Some other "songwriters" already had him working overtime.

I mean, why should they? Rihanna already had Stargate and Max and Beyoncé's sounds clearly don't align.

Edited by ATWK

A collab between Max and B would have made sense during her Sasha Fierce era, but otherwise, I don't think they would gel sonically.

In the 00s Max Martin was most related to a kind of pop opposited to r'n'b so no surprise Beyoncè didn't work with him.  And now she doesn't need it. 

Rihanna didn't but she could it. i think it's just her label decision and after in the last years Martin has worked with Coldplay, The weeknd or Lizzo she could try him. 

Edited by vale9001

I don't see Beyoncé working with Max Martin, their style don't really match (maybe for IASF?). 

Rihanna could have worked with him for LOUD or GGGB, it would have worked. Maybe for TTT too. But I don't see him on other albums like Rated R, Unapologetic or ANTI. 

Edited by Klein

I’m not surprised.  Max has a certain Rock-Pop vibe which makes him great for artists like Pink, Kelly, Katy, and Taylor.  Less good for artists like Gaga, Rihanna, and Beyoncé.  I also think Ariana’s better music was created without max.  

25 minutes ago, ATWK said:

I mean, why should they? Rihanna already had Stargate and Max and Beyoncé's sounds clearly don't align.

Basically.

The fact that I can't even picture how a song with either would even sound like? Don't doubt either could have some good songs with him, but I don't really think it was ever a necessary collaboration for either.

well DJ Got Us Falling In Love is a loud reject that was written in a writing camp for the album :lakitu: I wonder what other Max songs she rejected.

I'm really surprised they couldn't come up with something for either LOUD or Talk That Talk. that and how katy perry collab never happened in the early 2010s.

I can't see Beyoncé doing a Max Martin song and actually the only era I could imagine she possibly would have...is an era that doesn't exist, an era that could have been Grown Woman and Standing on the Sun as first/second singles...and perhaps a Max Martin song fitting on whatever album they could have filled out. I've always imagined that how this early 2013 era was shaping out to be (when it was annoucned that these LITERAL commercial songs would be her singles) would have been an attempt to get back into commercial/radio hits. BUT then Bow Down/I Been On came out and it was clear she was not going for that at all.

I don't see it for IASF era tbh.

The only song of his that I see would have worked for Rihanna is Ariana’s “Side To Side”

I would be curious to hear how that would sound tbh

Not at all. That's probably the reason why they have the weakest albums out of their peers!

RockStarShit101
2 hours ago, Klein said:

I don't see Beyoncé working with Max Martin, their style don't really match (maybe for IASF?). 

Rihanna could have worked with him for LOUD or GGGB, it would have worked. Maybe for TTT too. But I don't see him on other albums like Rated R, Unapologetic or ANTI. 

I mean, David Guetta worked on Unapologetic and produced the song phresh out the runway :rip:

anything is possible 

i don't think max really writes demos that get passed around, he mainly writes specifically for/with the artists who hire him.

39 minutes ago, RockStarShit101 said:

I mean, David Guetta worked on Unapologetic and produced the song phresh out the runway :rip:

anything is possible 

Yeah I agree but I feel like a Max Martin production might be a bit too "clean" or too "polished" for Unapologetic if that makes sense? 

They're black crossover acts with some diversity in their music and thus have a bigger variety of producers to choose from. Their music trajectories would be virtually the same had Max and his protegees never left Sweden. Some of their respective peers, not so much. 

1 hour ago, magazine said:

Not at all. That's probably the reason why they have the weakest albums out of their peers!

lol you don't even believe this. By that logic, Katy Perry and co. should all be critical darlings.

2 hours ago, magazine said:

Ah yes, if only they had worked with Max Martin, maybe then they could have albums on the level of Katy Perry, Maroon 5 and Britney Spears

Bey never went for the low hanging fruit 

Beyoncé has always been a Ryan Tedder girl but yes I’m surprised Rihanna never added one of his songs to her checkout cart

Rihanna almost did with DJ Got Us Falling in Love. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.