Dua has the biggest female song 3 years in a row

BadBoy

wow on the global year end :chick2: thats really impressive. i cant comprehand how she messed up the grammy submissions for both levitating and cold heart tho :rip:

these years she has been having critical acclaim, sales, streams and a sold out tour and i still feel like people underestimate her just because she hasn't got the biggest fanbase out there (even though i feel these last two years her fanbase has grown a lot) and because it's more her music, rather than her character or life history, that gets the attention. she's killing it

5 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

wow on the global year end :chick2: thats really impressive. i cant comprehand how she messed up the grammy submissions for both levitating and cold heart tho :rip:

Levitating was not submitted at all, because they didn't want to give DaBaby any more credit and solo wasn't eligible. Cold Heart was submitted in previous eligibility period last year before the song truly smashed worldwide :shakeno:

13 minutes ago, BadBoy said:

Not bad for a faceless artist.  :giraffe:

2020: Blinding Lights makes sense to be - and deserved - that #1 . . but the other two above DSN.... my god....

2021: Levitating OBVIOUS

2022: insane this song is #4, I - :deadbanana4:

who would've thought cold heart was gonna be such a monumental hit :deadbanana2:

10 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

Levitating was not submitted at all, because they didn't want to give DaBaby any more credit and solo wasn't eligible. Cold Heart was submitted in previous eligibility period last year before the song truly smashed worldwide :shakeno:

Levitating and Cold Heart couldve easily gotten ROTY noms and Pop Duo wins :monkey:

thank god future nostalgia secured best pop vocal in the bag already. aka the best FN era moment :bird:

18 minutes ago, joanabt said:

these years she has been having critical acclaim, sales, streams and a sold out tour and i still feel like people underestimate her just because she hasn't got the biggest fanbase out there (even though i feel these last two years her fanbase has grown a lot) and because it's more her music, rather than her character or life history, that gets the attention. she's killing it

This exactly :clap3:

The strength that Taylor, Billie and Dua are currently holding the pop industry with :clap3: I think these three are going to end up as the top 3 biggest female pop acts of the early 2020s.

Edited by Blackout2006

I remember listening to Cold Heart when it first came out and thinking nothing of it, assuming it was just some random collab they wanted to release. I would've never imagined it'd end up becoming this huge. :gaycat6:

48 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

They could've pull tricks and send "live version" up for nominations like certain other frauds but they didn't :fan:

We love a real smash song from a Britain born female artist. Not everyone from the UK can relate, especially having also a smash album that is not frontloaded. :oh: :clap3::razzle:

Why was the Hot 100 used instead of the actual IFPI global chart for 2020? :rip: 

0-E32587-D-0-B3-D-4063-B117-BF9-AEDE2-EAAF.png

3 minutes ago, Taylena said:

We love a real smash song from a Britain born female artist. Not everyone from the UK can relate, especially having also a smash album that is not frontloaded. :oh: :clap3::razzle:

Adele remains in your pressed mind

Taylena

OT: A smash, it helped that it was a slower burner :clap3: 

The power that it has :gayalipacat3:

2 hours ago, joanabt said:

What she needs to do for DL3 is really hone in on what fanbase shes going to attract. Will she be Monsters Gaga adjacent or will she commit to a younger gen a la Arianators?

Or will she pivot to the Beyoncé stans by giving us more and more amazing performances?

People really thought her 2nd era wouldn't be as big as the 1st one and look at her :ahh:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.