LGBT Films πŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ“½

feelslikeadream

On 3/23/2023 at 9:17 AM, genetic fail said:

Are yall interested in a Top 100 LGBT Films countdown for Pride Month?Β :gaycat4:

From Beginning to End top 10 smash i fearΒ 

:swan:

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• feelslikeadream

• noonbob

• X~MoviePoP

• Katamari

5 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

Just watched this after seeing your post. It was cute, even though I'm an antinatalist.

Β 

Smarticle

Β 

Β  Reveal hidden contents

But the leads didn't really have chemistry, so the sock conversation and aftermath felt shoehorned inΒ :redface:Β I think it would have been cuter if they just had a nice friendship that changed each other's perspectives or whatever. It felt pretty random and out-of-character for Oldie to cheat on his partner given all his moral grandstanding.

Β 

Also, the young one's horror filmΒ 2HcqHhk.pngΒ JAIL.

Β 

Anyway, Middle Eastern men are so hot.... That Grindr grid :WAP:

Β 

Spoiler

same. I thought it was trifling as hell but expected I guess? and you just know he's not gonna tell his husband :redface:

Β 

at least the oldie got his "ultimate kiss that makes time stop" or whatever skinny boy said at the beachΒ Β :redface:

Β 

and yeah i ffw through that sock convo on the second rewatch :redface:Β 

Β 

• ATRL Moderator
5 hours ago, lillavend3r said:

From Beginning to End top 10 smash i fearΒ 

:swan:

Primos outsold :sorry:

• Haha 1

On 3/5/2023 at 11:52 AM, genetic fail said:

And Then We Danced was so good like yall said! The Honey scene was so beautiful :weeps:

THAT scene 😭 iykyk

• 2 weeks later...
  • ATRL Moderator

@KatamariΒ What are we watching this weekend?

Β 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, feelslikeadream said:

@KatamariΒ What are we watching this weekend?

Β 

spacer.png

Zelda period

Β 

but Probably and then we dance :jonnycat:

Β 

Β 

Not sure if it’s a true LGBTQ movie but Knock at the Cabin was an entertaining watch.

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, Gwegend said:

Not sure if it’s a true LGBTQ movie but Knock at the Cabin was an entertaining watch.

I plan to watch that soon! I think it's on Peacock. Speaking of, is there any full frontal nudity?

Β 

3 hours ago, Katamari said:

Zelda period

Β 

but Probably and then we dance :jonnycat:

Tea. And slay, that's a good one, but I've already seen it, so I'll just keep playing TotK while you watch.

Β 

DKR0x2T_AdobeExpress.gif

I plan to watch that soon! I think it's on Peacock. Speaking of, is there any full frontal nudity?

Β 

Tea. And slay, that's a good one, but I've already seen it, so I'll just keep playing TotK while you watch.

Β 

DKR0x2T_AdobeExpress.gif

No nudity at all actually lol

which ones are we looking forward to the mostΒ :mandown:

Β 

Β 

Cute, a little annoying, uneven like many low budget LGBT films, around halfway through it changes tone.

Β 

But I think will relate to the lead.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

• ATRL Moderator
33 minutes ago, harwee said:

Cute, a little annoying, uneven like many low budget LGBT films, around halfway through it changes tone.

Β 

But I think will relate to the lead.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

I've long considered watching this, but the trailer made me think it would turn into a straight rom-comΒ :redface:

13 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

I've long considered watching this, but the trailer made me think it would turn into a straight rom-comΒ :redface:

Β 

YeahIt kind of is because he's in the closet, the first half felt like an cheap Apatow film. Then it changed tone and became serious. Some may find redeeming value to the second half and ending. I know someone who struggled with the same experience except he chose the opposite of what you'll see in the film.

Β 

Β 

Okay I watched this film Into It and honestly not sure how to feel about it, and I went to Letterboxd to see what people thought and I guess nobody has watched it cause it had four ratings and no reviews so :skull:

• ATRL Moderator
On 5/15/2023 at 6:31 PM, badgirlriri said:

Okay I watched this film Into It and honestly not sure how to feel about it, and I went to Letterboxd to see what people thought and I guess nobody has watched it cause it had four ratings and no reviews so :skull:

Well it has a 3.7/10 on IMDB, so :bibliahh:

Β 

Where did you even watch it? Was it entertaining?

Well it has a 3.7/10 on IMDB, so :bibliahh:

Β 

Where did you even watch it? Was it entertaining?

I have the Tubi app and they have all kinda obscure LGBT films on there, as well as some decently known ones. Very convenient and free to use but there are some minimal ads.Β 
Β 

I would call it interesting more than entertaining :deadbanana2:Β Think it was trying to be very arthouse and missed the markΒ 

• ATRL Moderator
On 5/15/2023 at 12:02 PM, harwee said:

Β 

YeahIt kind of is because he's in the closet, the first half felt like an cheap Apatow film. Then it changed tone and became serious. Some may find redeeming value to the second half and ending. I know someone who struggled with the same experience except he chose the opposite of what you'll see in the film.

Β 

Β 

Ok, I was inspired by your post and finally watched. And yeah, you were right about the tone shift; it's so drastic :deadbanana:Β That said, I still liked it. I just wish it kept up the comedic tone from the first half.

Β 

Spoiler

I'm just annoyed Amber gave up the money cause Eddie has an accepting family (or mother, at least) and they seem financially stable. The ending would probably work better if they were both poor and from homophobic families tbh :rip:

On 5/19/2023 at 8:53 PM, feelslikeadream said:

Ok, I was inspired by your post and finally watched. And yeah, you were right about the tone shift; it's so drastic :deadbanana:Β That said, I still liked it. I just wish it kept up the comedic tone from the first half.

Β 

Β  Hide contents

I'm just annoyed Amber gave up the money cause Eddie has an accepting family (or mother, at least) and they seem financially stable. The ending would probably work better if they were both poor and from homophobic families tbh :rip:

Β  Hide contents

I think I kinda like that aspect that his issues and his decision in the end didn't just come from family pressure (or lack thereof), cause lots of LGBT's come under many types of, societal, etc, and are some unknown for staying the closet.

Β 

There is something more meaningful there that's not tackled, but then the first half of the movie is superficial, almost slapstick, so we may be asking for too much. I think the filmakers don't know what type of movie they want to make.

Β 

Β 

• ATRL Moderator
8 hours ago, harwee said:
Β  Hide contents

I think I kinda like that aspect that his issues and his decision in the end didn't just come from family pressure (or lack thereof), cause lots of LGBT's come under many types of, societal, etc, and are some unknown for staying the closet.

Β 

There is something more meaningful there that's not tackled, but then the first half of the movie is superficial, almost slapstick, so we may be asking for too much. I think the filmakers don't know what type of movie they want to make.

Β 

Β 

Nnn I agree with your last sentence, but didn't follow the first paragraph. I think it's missing a noun?

Β 

I found out the actor is in another gay film. Have you seen it?

Β 

spacer.png

Β 

It's on Tubi and Peacock, so I might check it out soon!

12 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

Nnn I agree with your last sentence, but didn't follow the first paragraph. I think it's missing a noun?

Β 

I found out the actor is in another gay film. Have you seen it?

Β 

It's on Tubi and Peacock, so I might check it out soon!

Β 

Sorry I was talking about the ending

Β 

Β 

Β 

You mentioned that it didn’t work because his family’s not poor nor homophobic.

So in the film, it ended with Eddie coming out to Amber, accepted the money and went to London. It didn’t show that he came out to his family, and I like that. So I was referring only to that part. I like that because, from a narrative perspective, it would have been easy to come out to an accepting and stable family. But in real life, coming out is never easy and complex. I mentioned about a friend who had similar struggle (though unlike Eddie, he actually went ahead and joined the army).

Coming out to homophobic family is very difficult. But for him, all the right ingredients were there, β€œyour family loves you no matter what” that kind of stuff. And he still didn’t come out, and I think this happens a lot.

Β 

But like you said, it didn’t work for that same reason because of the first half. Its really two movies mashup I think. I still like it though.
Β 

Β 

Β 

No, I haven’t seen that movie. It looks interesting. I checked the cast and his co-star looks familiar. I’ll check it out at some point. I have a long list to watch because of this thread lol.

Β 

Β 

Edited by harwee

Mario (2018) was a cute girl

has the most obvious themes in gay movies but i enjoyed the chemistry between the leadsΒ :bunny2:

Β 

• ATRL Moderator
On 5/22/2023 at 11:18 AM, harwee said:

Β 

Sorry I was talking about the ending

Β 

Β  Reveal hidden contents

Β 

You mentioned that it didn’t work because his family’s not poor nor homophobic.

So in the film, it ended with Eddie coming out to Amber, accepted the money and went to London. It didn’t show that he came out to his family, and I like that. So I was referring only to that part. I like that because, from a narrative perspective, it would have been easy to come out to an accepting and stable family. But in real life, coming out is never easy and complex. I mentioned about a friend who had similar struggle (though unlike Eddie, he actually went ahead and joined the army).

Coming out to homophobic family is very difficult. But for him, all the right ingredients were there, β€œyour family loves you no matter what” that kind of stuff. And he still didn’t come out, and I think this happens a lot.

Β 

But like you said, it didn’t work for that same reason because of the first half. Its really two movies mashup I think. I still like it though.
Β 

Β 

Β 

No, I haven’t seen that movie. It looks interesting. I checked the cast and his co-star looks familiar. I’ll check it out at some point. I have a long list to watch because of this thread lol.

Β 

Β 

Ohhh, I see what you mean now. Clarification:

Β 

Spoiler

I didn't have an issue with him not coming outβ€”I agree with you that it isn't always easy to do that, even with a supportive family (I mean, my mom was a lesbian and I still didn't come out until my senior year :rip:)β€”just with the fact that heΒ took the moneyΒ despite having a financially stable family while Amber was poorΒ :redface:Β Saving that money was her only way out, and she said a dozen times in the movie that staying in that town literallyΒ killsΒ you. Given her father's suicide and her own anxiety about staying in the town, I wanted her to get out, and I feel like it was just a tad messy for Eddie to actually take her money and peace out, leaving her in the dust. He should have listened to Bleachers :shakeno:

Anyway, update: I watched Handsome Devil tonight and it was cute :date2:Β Def a bit cheesy at times, but I like that it focused on multiple generations of queer men and there were some cute moments (including a few music scenes, which I always enjoy).Β 

• 3 weeks later...

I watched Handsome Devil yesterday. Not bad.

Β 

Spoiler

I did feel disappointed though because i expected it to be a romance and it's nothing of the sort, really.

But it was not a bad film.

Β 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.