Predict "Midnights" units in the US by end/2023.

TheArgonaut

Predict  

48 members have voted

1. 1. How many units?

• 4.5M
    • 5.0M
    • 5.5M
    • +6.0M

Just now, BloodLuster said:

more than 30, for sure

TheArgonaut

There was literally no need for this

TheArgonaut

OT:  ATRL tells me Taylor is frontloaded so with 1.6M first week I imagine she’ll end 2023 at only 3.6M units :sorry:

2 minutes ago, BloodLuster said:

more than 30, for sure

TheArgonaut

TheArgonaut

Just now, WeFoundTrouble said:

There was literally no need for this

TheArgonaut

OT:  ATRL tells me Taylor is frontloaded so with 1.6M first week I imagine she’ll end 2023 at only 3.6M units :sorry:

3 million this year and 600k next. Seems right for Taylofrontcaloaded.

TheArgonaut

This week it'll be almost 2.75M. To reach 5M by the end of 2023 it has to move an average of ~40K weekly units in the 56 weeks remaining. It can be more than that if there are boosts like the deluxe physicals or the Eras Tour's help. 

Tbh, and I’m being completely serious, I feel like she’ll get close to 7 million in the US by end of 2023 and by end of 2024 to Diamond. 

I’m thinking 3.2 million this year and 1.5 million next year. That would put it close to 5 million.  

36 minutes ago, Limitless said:

Tbh, and I’m being completely serious, I feel like she’ll get close to 7 million in the US by end of 2023 and by end of 2024 to Diamond. 

Diamond by 2024 is a REAL stretch even if she does somehow get to 7M by 2023’s end. Late 2025 - early 2026 is the absolute earliest I could personally see Midnights going Diamond, but that’s just ME! :lakitu: 

It'll be around 4.5-5M. If it's much more than that I'll be pleasantly surprised. You never know what she could pull with random vinyl releases, tour promo, etc.

a diamond gotta shine

DIAMOND 

Second year units for Taylor Swift albums:

Taylor Swift: 1,951,000

Fearless: 3,217,000 (pure sales only)

Speak Now: 967,000 (pure sales only)

Red: 856,000 (pure sales only)

1989: 3,015,000

Lover: 876,000

Folklore: 942,000

I expect Midnights to sell around 1,750,000 to 2,000,000 units next year, so she should finish just below 5,500,000 units by the end of the next year. I would be surprised to see it go diamond at any point before the end of this decade.

Edited by ithinkheknowsoutsold

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.