STOP IT with the (Insert Act) During (Artist) Concert Threads

Dua Lipa vs Olivia Rodrigo: who will win 2023?

Gui Blackout

Which album will be bigger?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• DL3
    • OR2

Dua Lipa and Olivia Rodrigo are both expected to drop new albums in 2023, the folow ups of their previous smash albums Future Nostalgia and Sour

Which project will be more successful? 

Could go either way. I imagine Olivia in the US, Dua WW.

The pressure for both artists to deliver and succeed is so big that I wouldn't like to be in their position :lmao: 

Olivia will put up much better first day/week/month numbers and it probably won't be close, but Dua can very easily win the long game if she continues the trend of nabbing hits late into her eras. 

There was a lot more interest in Olivia given that she has multiple album tracks out streaming Dua’s singles.   Thus I see OR2 doing better.  However, it will all come down to quality and marketing.  

OR2 definitely has more hype and will have better initial numbers, the rest entirely depends on how much the albums are promoted, single choices, etc

1 minute ago, Billionaire said:

OR2 definitely has more hype and will have better initial numbers, the rest entirely depends on how much the albums are promoted, single choices, etc

This

Dua will have the bigger singles and it will feel like a bigger era

Olivia is giving me sophomore slump vibes

Dua Lipa. If swifties and Tik Tok feel generous, then Olivia.

Dua Lipa doesnt have that much pressure since it will be her third era. Even if she just has ONE successful single she should be fine. 

1 hour ago, Timber said:

Could go either way. I imagine Olivia in the US, Dua WW.

:clap3:

DL

Olivia just seems so forgettable in every sense and swifties kinda turned on her

Edited by FunCoric

Dua Lipa will probably be bigger but in the long run

I can see Olivia debuting around 400k first week and it being more frontloaded.

Also Olivia and Taylor are kind of battling the same target market, Taylor still is huge with the female teens.

Edited by Trent W

I can’t explain exactly why, but I have a feeling Olivia’s sophomore release will be one for the pop music history books. It’s similar to how I felt before fame monster was released, or melodrama, or 21.  All three were career altering sophomore projects released by very young women. She has a chokehold on the younger generation, and she seems assured, confident, determined, hungry and excited. When those photos of her in a UCLA music production class surfaced I knew she was coming for blood with sours younger sibling.
Or2 might end up her magnum opus. I think she has a strong vision and her  calm  dedicationreminds me of other pop stars in the height of their creative powers.

I think OR2 is going to surprise a lot of people.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.