Celeb Megathread 2024: Drag performer Shangela accused of multiple sexual assaults

Vermillion

They truly dodged a bullet rigging the competition against her… :gaycattel:

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 6

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vermillion

• PoisonedIvy

• FightForTanas

• Weld_E

Very disappointing to hear this.

She deserves everything that's coming to her under the court of law. I hope the victims are doing better and can eventually find solace.

• Like 2

there's such an obvious pattern there, its sickening. i hope everyone gets justice and that he gets what he deserves

18 minutes ago, Dula Peep said:

They truly dodged a bullet rigging the competition against her… :gaycattel:

read the ******* room

• Like 2

On 11/30/2022 at 3:14 PM, FightForTanas said:

Anyone with even an ounce of fame will get stories made up about them. You cant just say you were assaulted then sentence someone to jail thats not how the world works.

Gross.

i wonder if anything will happen cuz a few years ago nuttin did

OP now fully updated and formatted. Apologies to the guests who were bumped out. I'll be checking on this thread every few days as I can. Thanks for everyone's help and patience.

My heart is with the victms.

I really hope the drag community doesn't stay silent on this.

• Like 1

I feel for that one ATRL user who was dragged for coming forward a while ago.

We can support alleged survivors without having to immediately denounce alleged perpetrators.

torturedpoet
On 12/1/2022 at 12:12 AM, Weld_E said:

There was a poster here who posted an eerily similar experience with Shangela a few years back...

I know someone who had a situation with her too. 

Justice for the victims.

i thought the muted reaction to this was weird but glad to see it finally out in the open :clap3:

i hope the victims get justice 

It's kind of wild that it took this long to really get momentum behind this. The way it was brushed under the rug several times and everyone turning a blind eye was sickening to be honest. 

:( Shangie girl its over for you 

I hope justice is served. I remember when I heard it for the first time but then it just was just kinda gone.

I hope the victims get the support they need.

It appears that Shangela has already been taken to court by one of the victims and the case was settled. How was this not known until now??

• ATRL Administrator
19 minutes ago, dumbsparce said:

It appears that Shangela has already been taken to court by one of the victims and the case was settled. How was this not known until now??

Because the publication that was working on the story (BuzzFeed News) was shuttered. 

1 hour ago, torturedpoet said:

I know someone who had a situation with her too. 

The poster I was referring to is listed and interviewed in the article. I'm happy he can finally speak his truth!

7 minutes ago, FinleyGates said:

Is Shangela still booked and busy? Or hiding out?

Bob's lucky Madonna called right around the time the second accusation against Shangela started gaining traction, because he could cite the tour as the reason We're Here changed casts and not the accusations. When in reality it was the accusations.

By the time the L.A. Times report came out Spring of last year, DJ had that show and mentioned occasional bookings. There's no way to track last year with less bookings or not and it's beside the point now.

19 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Because the publication that was working on the story (BuzzFeed News) was shuttered. 

I'll reflect this more specifically in the OP mention. :coffee2: 

This is all so insane. There's a chance that there's more victims out there too :!ohno:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.