Should Gaga return to DARK POP?

Aren

Should Gaga do dark pop again?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. ?

With the BTW revival and Bloody Mary, Judas and Government Hooker simultaneously going viral, it’s clear what the GP wants from Gaga.

Chromatica was a return to her TF/TFM sound, so it’s only logical her next project should be a return to the iconic Dark Pop that only she can pull off.

Yes, as a matter of fact she just left the market with her parents and is in her basement with DJWS and Fernando Garibay as we speak..

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886df71cbf3bd91d16190

Edited by Kimmo

Only if it’s good quality (unlike BTW) otherwise she needs to give us 90s RnB or 80s synth-wave 

12 minutes ago, PMKARDASHIAN said:

Only if it’s good quality (unlike BTW) otherwise she needs to give us 90s RnB or 80s synth-wave 

+1. If it's more like The Fame Monster, then yes. If it's like Born This Way (the album), Gaga can keep it.

If it sounds like

1 hour ago, Aren said:

With the BTW revival and Bloody Mary, Judas and Government Hooker simultaneously going viral, it’s clear what the GP wants from Gaga.

Chromatica was a return to her TF/TFM sound, so it’s only logical her next project should be a return to the iconic Dark Pop that only she can pull off.

Chromatica sounds nothing like Just Dance, pokerface, lovegame or paparazzi. This is what she needs to return to. Catchy clever hits that caters to the GP not just middle aged gays who still they are in their 20s, talking to u atrl

1 hour ago, PMKARDASHIAN said:

This 

Dark pop is not going to work at this stage of her career 

She needs something cool but serious.

She should just give an album full of grungy house-inspired synthpop like Heavy Metal Lover

What a shame to know she's able of producing such a cool track where the vocoders and vocal effects actually enhance and make the track sound way more ethereal. Sucks that she's stuck on the whole "I can sing!!!" thing when I'm pretty sure most of the GP knows that she can sing. Now make a good pop song 

33 minutes ago, Vrx. said:

She should just give an album full of grungy house-inspired synthpop like Heavy Metal Lover

What a shame to know she's able of producing such a cool track where the vocoders and vocal effects actually enhance and make the track sound way more ethereal. Sucks that she's stuck on the whole "I can sing!!!" thing when I'm pretty sure most of the GP knows that she can sing. Now make a good pop song 

911 and Alice are also good examples of this. It was so cool and shocking to hear her just letting those effects take over after hearing her belting for such a long time throughout the Joanne and ASIB eras.

5 minutes ago, PoisonCandy said:

911 and Alice are also good examples of this. It was so cool and shocking to hear her just letting those effects take over after hearing her belting for such a long time throughout the Joanne and ASIB eras.

She should utilize it a lot more. Her voice goes well with it honestly especially the higher range/falsetto 

Her Jazz stuff can have all the belting and **** pop doesn't necessarily need huge vocals to be a good pop song :rip:

1 hour ago, PieceByPiece_KC said:

Chromatica was the perfect representation of current dark pop

Only 911 was dark by Gaga’s standards. 

**** you pop music, we want GOTHPOP.

spacer.png

911 and Replay were dark and by no coincidence the best songs on Chromatica so, yes.

spacer.png

Only if it's genuine for her at the moment, Gaga never does what people may expect from her (and this is what i love about her). Next record could be a lo-fi album just like it could be a hard techno one.

2 hours ago, Dula Peep said:

911 and Replay were dark and by no coincidence the best songs on Chromatica so, yes.

spacer.png

Spill

2 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

Only 911 was dark by Gaga’s standards. 

**** you pop music, we want GOTHPOP.

spacer.png

Replay as well

I just feel like her rock album is so overdue at this point. I feel like she can still blend in that dark pop spirit with some hard industrial rock songs.

Would love it but idk how it would work, and if she is committed to it fully

She should definitely channel BTW in general in my opinion. What I love about that album is how the songs seemed so well crafted… 15 of 17 songs on that album were over 4 minutes long and have so many interesting components to them which makes the album so strong overall because it really goes through so many sounds and places. It’s time to let go of the idea that less is more and see some maximalist pop like this again. Some of her other greatest songs, such as Bad Romance, Alejandro, Dance in the Dark, are also classic examples of this too and I would be so excited to see her embrace this approach again!

I hope her next album is a return to the born this way era roots... enough of blood pop. We need a new producer or perhaps an album with redone/djws all over again. Only they can help Gaga deliver those "dark bawps" yall so desperately want.. Other producers just dont have it in them. 

She should do what is artistically inspiring her but yes, a return to dark pop would be fun 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.