Would public be as outraged as they are now if Britney was A MAN?

sweetkiss

Ny post inspired this thread because I am truly tired of Media and random people (I dont know are they bots under her insta posts) putting her mental health in question only based on INSTAGRAM POST. 

She didnt murder anyone, known to be abuser of any kind, didnt damage children or animals, didnt publicly offend anyone that didn't come for her first (and very mildy so), never stole anything. When you check what MEDIA is 'outraged' about is Britney showing her worked out (didnt even bought it so nobody can say she even promotes unhealthy or unachievable standard for women) body covering her nipples or pus. Body she was born with.

I am aware other celebrities also post nude pictures, but media never questioned their mental health (which is serious, because if you do it publicly like them you are dehumanizing someone and ridicule them). 

Also, if someone is actually really worried for someone's mental health wouldn't the first correct thing to be ignore it or provide support in private. Opposite of writing articles someone is 'outraged'.

Would things be different if Britney was a man or her enormous fame is the key?

Example of another child star: macalauy culkin recorded himself with bunny ears and is posting 'unusual' posts, but media did zero impressions?

https://www.instagram.com/p/B04MLVuA1ye/?hl=en

McauleyCulkin is nowhere the height of celebrity that Britney is.

And yes famous men have been scrutinized for their mental health. Michael Jackson is probably one of the best examples. Even before the child allegations he was called a freak and wacko Jacko.

7 minutes ago, FreeXone said:

And yes famous men have been scrutinized for their mental health. Michael Jackson is probably one of the best examples. Even before the child allegations he was called a freak and wacko Jacko.

Very true on MJ and Kanye West is like the closest to a male equivalent of Britney right now and his mental health gets questioned and scrutinized all the time too. If he started posting tons of nude photos like Britney, I doubt it would be received well either :gaycat6:

I would be even more concerned if a man posted about Selena, attaching pics of her countless times. :rip:

Edited by ugo

If Kanye posted his jewels I'm pretty sure the meltdowns would be even larger.

Just now, Wicked said:

Basically lol

9 minutes ago, ugo said:

I would be even more concerned if a man posted about Selena attaching pics of her countless times. :rip:

9 minutes ago, Wicked said:

LOL. Maybe, there is a double standard...but not in the way the OP thinks :rip:

23 minutes ago, brainmaniac said:

Very true on MJ and Kanye West is like the closest to a male equivalent of Britney right now and his mental health gets questioned and scrutinized all the time too. If he started posting tons of nude photos like Britney, I doubt it would be received well either :gaycat6:

Please explain how Britney is the equivalent to Michael Jackson and Kanye West

10 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

Please explain how Britney is the equivalent to Michael Jackson and Kanye West

Jesus. Michael was allegedelly molesting CHILDREN and Kanye is an ANTISEMITIST Britney just dances and poses weirdly.

Michael also hanged her newborn child from a skyscrapper. Britney was put in a conservatorship for way less. 

44 minutes ago, FreeXone said:

Michael was insane. 

39 minutes ago, brainmaniac said:

So you're equating a child molester and a hate speech promoter (antisemitist and antiblack) to someone who dances "weird" and poses nude. :skull:

Just look how fiercely many still defend and support Kanye, men and women. Same goes for people like Musk. 

There's different standards for men and women too are responsible for this. We can be very mean to other women. 

Edited by Kakihara

Why make this about gender? :coffee2:

A certain behavior is questionable, regardless of what gender the acting person has/identifies with. Male celebs also get called out, as mentioned in this thread before. 

Actually, I would even dare to argument, it's quite the opposite. The media isn't as outraged, because it's Britney and unarguably many people - and maybe even journalists - feel sympathy for her story.

6 minutes ago, Trash said:

So you're equating a child molester and a hate speech promoter (antisemitist and antiblack) to someone who dances "weird" and poses nude. :skull:

Like FreeXone said MJ was criticized for his mental health even before those allegations and I wasn’t specifically referring to the recent things Kanye has said, his mental health was questioned by the public long before that and has been for many years now.

40 minutes ago, Alexz said:

Jesus. Michael was allegedelly molesting CHILDREN and Kanye is an ANTISEMITIST Britney just dances and poses weirdly.

Michael also hanged her newborn child from a skyscrapper. Britney was put in a conservatorship for way less. 

I know you are probably 12 and too young to remember but MJ has been dealing with mental health issues and faced public scrutinization for his looks and behavior long before the child abuse allegations. The late 80s he was a tabloid GOLDMINE. 

There are obviously different standards when it comes to men and women, but that's not the case with that Britney situation and idgi why y'all are making that discussion so dense.

If a famous male star constantly posted pics teasing his hard d!ck, videos spinning around with random dances, confusing long ass captions and weird rants towards an "mysterious" enemy obviously people would also be concerned about it :deadbanana4:

Y'all need to stop acting that Britney is being attacked bc of her sexy posts, there's nothing wrong in posing nude or being sexual (lots of other popstars and female models do the same), it's how she's posting it and that's a whole another story :redface:

Edited by Lady Claire

Well, "he" would have never been under a conservatorship to begin with.

i dont really think there is a double standard. Most people do frown upon people posting their naked bodies for attention. I feel like most people get the notion Britney is unstable based on her social media activity. If a male artist did it like Kanye West some have mentioned there would be similar outrage

3 hours ago, brainmaniac said:

Not comparing Britney posting nude pics to an alleged pedophile and a racist and antisemite. OBH's have lost it :bibliahh:

What is "the public"? The trolls under her social media posts? Do you think real people actually care what Britney posts on IG? 

3 hours ago, FreeXone said:

you know its for a reason, he was being a pedophile which is a crime. 

2 hours ago, Seldoja said:

if Britney was a man she wouldn't have the same level of success.. 

im curious, why are you saying this? because similar case in my opinion but male version is later pop idol justin bieber (he just is more vocally talented, but britney can write).  justin is 'cute' just like britney, and carries mostly 'good guy image'. 

btw even for him, nobody is saying he is outraged and he even recently posted himself in woman wig and often trolls media.

20 minutes ago, MadonnasBoyfriend said:

Oh wow not bunny ears. Lock him up ? 

I wanted to allude how he;s a grown man and its not easter lol.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.