Final: #13 Shakira 29K; Bryson 116K

iHype.

Luis Alfonso  be lucky to even sell a fraction of what she's selling despite having a number one song 

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shakira Stan

• Red Hot Moon

• Johnny Cash

• NickARTPOP

Good numbers for Bryson.

1 hour ago, FantasyRide said:

it's a Spanish album that's top 10 on iTunes in 50 countries with a Spanish lead single that hit 1 billion views in less than 6 months :cm: 

1B views on youtube, not everyone has that. :cm:

La Bicicleta will undoubtedly cross 1B soon enough. 

1 hour ago, The Unforgiving said:

And her album went #1 in multiple countries (it's currently #1 WW according to Kworb), and her lead is doing amazingly. I'd say she's doing just fine.

But she is local? :fan:

Edited by MAGIA

13 minutes ago, Destiny said:

But... but I thought Spanish was the 2nd most spoken language in the US and Shakira Shakira was a global Spanish legend with a huge fanbase and 100m facebook likes... and yet can't even sell 80k :huh:

I think faking pregnancies is a bigger flop in anyone's personal and artistic career.

lol at the beyhive.... shak album is in spanish and she did not promote it at all, there was no way she would make huge numbers in USA

she might do well worldwide tho

Lol @ that uglee Beyonce stan. The album being in Spanish significantly decreases its sales, as it pretty much takes away the English speaking market (Spanish speaking places buy English albums but not vice versa) 

21 minutes ago, Destiny said:

But... but I thought Spanish was the 2nd most spoken language in the US and Shakira Shakira was a global Spanish legend with a huge fanbase and 100m facebook likes... and yet can't even sell 80k :huh:

I can't @ them acting as if it was an English album it would have done some type of big #s :rip:

Edited by QueenBeyoncé

17 minutes ago, Destiny said:

I don't get why you're laughing when your fave's Spanish album missed the top 100 entirely :skull: Charting at all with a Spanish language album in the U.S. is a feat, much less the top 20.

OT: Shakira will hit 2M album equivalents by the end of next month :jonny: She's crushing it.

Oh... I seem to hit multiple nerves huh :ahh:

Nobody said Enrique or whoever was a global legend who slayed at everything so I wouldn't be surprised at their numbers.

Legendary Shakira Shakira on the other hand... :toofunny2:

38 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Oh wow... the "global" Shakira is flopping :cm:

:deadbanana3:

The Shakira stans always attack the Beyhive before she releases an album. And then she comes with really awful numbers :deadbanana3:

The same exact thing happened in 2014 with SHAKIRA :lmao:

Perched for the Mediatraffic thread :fan: 

1 minute ago, Eternium said:

I don't get why you're laughing when your fave's Spanish album missed the top 100 entirely :skull: Charting at all with a Spanish language album in the U.S. is a feat, much less the top 20.

OT: Shakira will hit 2M album equivalents by the end of next month :jonny: She's crushing it.

Why are you talking about my fave... I thought everyone made themselves clear that my fave was a local US act... so why would you expect any major numbers singing a language she doesn't really know... :cm:

But the legendary global Shakira is shockingly flopping. Why? :huh:

58 minutes ago, iHype. said:

120K is respectable for Bryson. Trapsoul has done 1.6 million to date, and that had 2 big Urban hits supporting it while this album is yet to have any hit.

exactly

4 minutes ago, Superpower said:

:deadbanana3:

The Shakira stans always attack the Beyhive before she releases an album. And then she comes with really awful numbers :deadbanana3:

The same exact thing happened in 2014 with SHAKIRA :lmao:

This! :lmao:

Edited by QueenBeyoncé

The pettiness in this thread is shocking. 

4 minutes ago, QueenBeyoncé said:

I can't @ them acting as if it was an English album it would have done some type of big #s :rip:

:clown:

10 minutes ago, EriKills said:

Lol @ that uglee Beyonce stan. The album being in Spanish significantly decreases its sales, as it pretty much takes away the English speaking market (Spanish speaking places buy English albums but not vice versa) 

This is a poor excuse because there's proof that the American public can be receptive to Spanish songs. Just look at Despacito :clown: 

4 minutes ago, QueenBeyoncé said:

10 minutes ago, EriKills said:

This is a poor excuse because there's proof that the American public can be receptive to Spanish songs. Just look at Despacito :clown: 

10 minutes ago, Superpower said:

But it's easier to be receptive to one Spanish song than to an album full of Spanish songs, though.

21 minutes ago, MAGIA said:

But she is local? :fan:

I have to say no. I stan her and I don't even speak Spanish

11 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Why are you talking about my fave... I thought everyone made themselves clear that my fave was a local US act... so why would you expect any major numbers singing a language she doesn't really know... :cm:

But the legendary global Shakira is shockingly flopping. Why? :huh:

The BB200 is the local U.S. chart and your fave, a legend in the U.S., couldn't break the top 100. Now Shakira is set to possibly go top 20. How is this not successful for a Spanish language album? :ace:

OT: They need to add YouTube to the Billboard 200 already. It makes no sense to exclude the biggest streaming service.

3 minutes ago, Superpower said:

once every 20 years with the help of the biggest male pop artist. ::biblio:

Shakira is past her prime. even at her prime. Fijacion Oral vol. 1 in 2005 with debut with 157k Its one of the best selling Spanish albums in the US. You guys look stupid for trying to drag her numbers.  A Latin platinum album is the US is selling 60k now.

looks like the most 50k selling weeks this year would be:

3 Ed & Kendrick

2 Metallica, Chris Stapleton, & Guardians soundtrack

3 minutes ago, K@rm@ said:

once every 20 years with the help of the biggest male pop artist. ::biblio:

Shakira is past her prime. even at her prime. Fijacion Oral vol. 1 in 2005 with debut with 157k Its one of the best selling Spanish albums in the US. You guys look stupid for trying to drag her numbers.  A Latin platinum album is the US is selling 60k now.

So are you implying that if this was an English album if would have done big numbers? :cm:

1 minute ago, QueenBeyoncé said:

So are you implying that if this was an English album if would have done big numbers? :cm:

Who is talking about an English album? :cm: We've seen what she could do with English albums when she has hits and support from Pop radio (Laundry Service,Oral Fixation Vol. 2) and we have seen what she does with out that (She Wolf, and Shakira.). So her numbers should not be a shock to anyone but trolls. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.