Worse Vocalist: Katy vs Taylor

Kh-Loud

Who’s the pitchiest and most frequent off-key live?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Who’s the pitchiest and most frequent off-key live?

• Katy
    • Taylor

They’re known to be the worst singers among the MPGs; however, who is the worst among the worst? 

Please post videos to support your arguments! 

spacer.png

Edited by Kh-Loud

Taylor is more consistent but Katy is the better vocalist. She can actually belt and I’ve seen her do fairly impressive riffs before 

Katy has improved somewhat so Taylor is the worst singer rn

People like to clown Katy’s vocals but she actually sounds amazing when spot on while Taylor is literally screaming out of breath during 80% of her performances.

Both can be grating, I enjoy Taylor's tone more than Katy's, although I think the latter has a better range. Taylor sounds fine in her comfort zone, but terrible when she tries to belt or do high notes, like the Shake It Off one.

• ATRL Moderator

Katy is overall better and has more power in her voice, but Taylor is more consistent and has definitely improved a ton over the years.

Is this for real? :rip:

Taylor is a songwriter, not a proper singer. And that's fine, people conect with her because of her lyrics (and melodies maybe?).

1 minute ago, MissedTheTrain said:

Taylor is more consistent and has definitely improved a ton over the years.

:gaycat6:

Taylor is only better than Selena. 

Katy is better than both and actuallt has an interesting tone.

Katy: much higher highs, but much lower lows

Taylor: has really improved over the years and learned to maximize the potential of her voice and what styles of singing suit her voice the best

I say Katy overall. When Katy gets it right I think her best is really beautiful and powerful.

Even if Katy's off, her tone/voice is actually very interesting and lovely to listen to. Whereas for Taylor, even if she sings well at times, I don't really hear anything special in her voice.

They both struggle with singing their pop songs imo. Both of them sound WAY better live with the production pulled back and just an acoustic guitar (Katy especially SLAYS TOY when she performs it acoustic). 

All that being said, Katy is still stronger than Taylor. 

Katy has a wonderful voice, she just struggles with controlling it at times.

Though I feel like her breath control specifically improved a lot starting from the Witness era

Katy has a very consistent supported register (which Taylor has yet to showcase), has way better belts, and has a power and weight to her voice Taylor does not. Not to mention Katy has better musicality shown by her ability to harmonise and her note changes. 

However, Taylor does (as of recent) at least in studio recordings have a stronger lower register. Katy unfortunately neglects that part of her voice…

Katy is a better vocalist.

Edited by Stellar1103

Taylor used to be much more consistent. She's gotten worse over the years.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.