Ethel Cain - "Famous Last Words (An Ode To Eaters)"

original_lifeline

Ethel Cain has shared a new song, “Famous Last Words (An Ode To Eaters),” which was inspired by the Luca Guadagnino film Bones And All, which hit theaters nationwide this week. The movie co-stars Taylor Russell and Timothée Chalamet as cannibals (or “eaters”) who fall in love — it’s quite good!

“can’t stop thinking abt bones and all,” Ethel Cain wrote on SoundCloud. “this one’s for lee and maren <3" (Those are the names of Chalamet and Russell's characters.) The movie itself features an original score from Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross. Listen to “Famous Last Words” below.

kinda forgettable, we need the next album queen

5 minutes ago, May said:

kinda forgettable, we need the next album queen

isn't the b-side album coming next? The story of Ethel before Preachers Daughter?

3 minutes ago, Schami66 said:

isn't the b-side album coming next? The story of Ethel before Preachers Daughter?

i forgot about that, she actually answered my question in a Live asking when it was coming and said December at earliest :jonny: i hope she comes through 

2 hours ago, Schami66 said:

it's an EP and it's coming in 2023

The way I wish some of her SoundCloud songs were put on streaming :jonnycat:

Ethel's unofficial releases are some of her BEST in her discography and my favorites out of her catalog.

This also reminds me that I need to go see Bones & All. This film seems to be right up Miss Cain's alley. Can't wait to give this a listen :duca:

this song seems like a little sister record to Strangers 

I adore Ethel but her obsession with cannibalism scares me :dies: at what point do we get a little concerned? :rip:

1 hour ago, est. in 90s said:

The way I wish some of her SoundCloud songs were put on streaming :jonnycat:

Ethel's unofficial releases are some of her BEST in her discography and my favorites out of her catalog.

This also reminds me that I need to go see Bones & All. This film seems to be right up Miss Cain's alley. Can't wait to give this a listen :duca:

Which songs ? I'm about to download them & put them in my AM library :hippo:

11 minutes ago, D.Va said:

Which songs ? I'm about to download them & put them in my AM library :hippo:

I downloaded so many of them off SoundCloud and bought some of them off Bandcamp, too.

https://mothercain.bandcamp.com/

Notables are Hospital Beds II, Eden, Verona, Womb, Selby Walls, Antebellum and Ad Nauseam :jonnycat: 

SoundCloud is the best place to find her vault tracks. So many unreleased demos and unofficial tracks like Eden, Dog Hunting and Hospital Beds II that deserve to be put on streaming :jonny6:

1 hour ago, CottageHore said:

I adore Ethel but her obsession with cannibalism scares me :dies: at what point do we get a little concerned? :rip:

it's her vibe

• 7 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.