Better Vocalist: Ariana vs Adele

gr33dy4Ari

Better Vocals: Ariana vs Adele  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who has a better tone?

2. 2. Who has more vocal skills?

3. 3. Who has a better technique?

Adele has a most interesting vocal timbre and can inhabit a song a lot better. Maybe cause she write them and they're more personal. 

Edited by vale9001

It’s Ariana, but I just gave Adele a vote for tone, even though I personally prefer Ariana’s I believe Adele has a lot of power in her voice. 

Tone: Ariana (just a personal preference)

Vocal Skills: Ariana (because she has a larger range)

Vocal Technique: Adele (sometimes Ariana is out of breath and her enunciation is mediocre)

ariana grande struck me as an opera singer singing ghetto songs 

Edited by JuanitoKasicki

8 minutes ago, JuanitoKasicki said:

:deadbanana4:

23 minutes ago, JuanitoKasicki said:

What :deadbanana2:

The way 30 totally obliterated the Adele worship this site used to always engage in. 

spacer.png

Adele isn't a vocalist. It's just the genre that she sings plus her overall aesthetic tricks people into thinking she is one. That's not to say she's a bad singer or anything, but she doesn't have a huge range or a very good technique.

2 minutes ago, cockatoo said:

Adele isn't a vocalist. It's just the genre that she sings plus her overall aesthetic tricks people into thinking she is one. That's not to say she's a bad singer or anything, but she doesn't have a huge range or a very good technique.

:clap3:

14 minutes ago, gr33dy4Ari said:

What :deadbanana2:

whenever i listen to her on headphones, it was as though i was in sitting in a classical theater in treat of a 19th century opera performance, but at the same time time the actors/actresses were all twerking on stage like nicki minaj

22 minutes ago, cockatoo said:

I completely agree. People get swept up in the fact that she has a beautiful tone and she stands still to sing her (predominantly) ballads. The actual notion that her technique is pretty poor, she's routinely flat and has weak breath support completely goes out of the window because they focus purely on the aesthetics of the performance.

Adele makes beautiful music but she has never really been a vocalist, she's a singer. There's a difference.

44 minutes ago, cockatoo said:

this. people just immediately think that singing ballads = vocalist. 

Technically Ariana for all 3, but Adele still has a beautiful, soulful, convincing tone that cuts across her songs very well and get the message delivered. Adele's voice sounds more full and present in her songs and it's actually always front and centre. Where as Ariana's voice often (if not always) sounds completely drowned behind the productions and especially behind her excessive vocal layering - all of which take away from her actual voice. So, on the surface, at least with studio vocals I much prefer Adele as a vocalist. 

Adele has a great voice but Ariana is definitely a superior singer in every aspect.

2 hours ago, cockatoo said:

2 hours ago, MrLovett said:

I completely agree. People get swept up in the fact that she has a beautiful tone and she stands still to sing her (predominantly) ballads. The actual notion that her technique is pretty poor, she's routinely flat and has weak breath support completely goes out of the window because they focus purely on the aesthetics of the performance.

Adele makes beautiful music but she has never really been a vocalist, she's a singer. There's a difference.

1 hour ago, sourtwink said:

this. people just immediately think that singing ballads = vocalist. 

all of this, she's indeed very convincing as someone else said. 

Ariana in her sleep is much better than Adele.

Lmao. It's Ariana for all. Adele is not even a vocalist.

People see a pop singer doing heartbreak ballads for once standing in dress code, and then compare her to actual vocalists. I’m sorry, I love Adele but the GPs perception of a “vocalist” is so warped that they can’t acknowledge pop girls who are versatile wearing “skimpy” outfits, singing Adele under the table. Is this due to misogyny? Mayhaps. Did some untalented 00s pop girls take away credibility and ruin the pop star image? Probably.

Edited by Starshine

3 hours ago, cockatoo said:

5 hours ago, cockatoo said:

!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.