ATRL afraid of including ASIB to Gaga's stats, why?

little legend

I've seen countless times threads being made in a way that are trying to not let ASIB era being included with foolish excuses like "what was the last studio album of your fave that went multiple platinum" and etc. 

Why ATRL is afraid of ASIB era? Is it because it's an album with songs written from Gaga, sang from Gaga, performed by Gaga,used for a movie in which Gaga performed them and was the leading actress that was enormously praised and this causes them to panic?  Discuss 

Screenshot_2022-04-16-13-35-26-209_com_m

Edited by little legend

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lovett

• Katniss

• Mystic Boy

• Hot Volcano

The Bodyguard

Purple Rain

Grease

soundtracks are the reason Whitney, Prince and Olivia Newton-John had such an impact and they are the most iconic and important part of their discographies. But when it comes to Gaga, suddenly this is not applicable "but ...but ....its not a studio album!! Bradley!!!....what about Stupid Love?!!" :dies:

Thankfully, the real world considers it a Lady Gaga album, unlike the bitter gays who will do anything to discredit a hard working woman they despiese.

I mean you don't say Zac Efron is a singer with 50M albums sold because of High school musical and The greatest showman soundtracks. It's hers but it also not hers, because the movie was successfull for a lot of reasons and factors. So the joke about when something is just a Gaga project will be again very successfull can stay.  

Edited by vale9001

i thought it was the monsters who like to exclude collab albums:

sure but it should be gaga stats (feat. bradley cooper) since he's an integral part of ASIB success

I’m just here to spam this avi because I love it so much 

spacer.png

OT: It was too successful and destroys the narrative that she’s been over since 2011.

spacer.png

The reason is as clear as glass...It isn't a studio album, it is a soundtrack. Oh, and before you counter me with the application of soundtracks onto the discographies such as that of Whitney and Prince, I don't recognize them as part of their discographies either. 

Because they are most likely stans of @ or @, and both of those girlies can't pull ASIB numbers. Therefore, they get mad about Gaga :gaycat6:

Secretly all of ATRL listens and likes Gaga music, which in the end is what matters and she wins! :gaycat5:

1 minute ago, Machete said:

Okay count, we don't care. Counting ASIB as a proper Gaga era makes Chromatica's bomb 1000x funnier :dies:

:redface:

9 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

The reason is as clear as glass...It isn't a studio album, it is a soundtrack. Oh, and before you counter me with the application of soundtracks onto the discographies such as that of Whitney and Prince, I don't recognize them as part of their discographies either. 

For prince and Purple rain it's different. That's really just a Prince studio album and then he made a "movie video" of the record. Something he made also for other records. 

Different situation from The bodyguard or ASIB.

Edited by vale9001

ATRL loves a technicality, and based on that, it is NOT part of her solo stats.

That being said, we all can use deductive reasoning, or just common sense to see that not only she is a main writer on the songs, but the main vocalist too and the main driving force behind its success (aside from the success of the film that markets the music as well).

To state that it is NOT part of her career is foolish, and ATRL needs to move away from acting like they're Billboard, needing to organize data. We can both say "this is a soundtrack album, not her Lady Gaga studio album" and "this is an achievement in her career and can be added to her overall totals."

23 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

Thankfully, the real world considers it a Lady Gaga album, unlike the bitter gays who will do anything to discredit a hard working woman they despiese.

Exactly, there are like 10-20 users in here who like to create their own world in which Gaga is a huge flop.

But in the end, she is credited for countles awards (Grammy´s, Oscar, Golden Globe, Critics Choice, BAFTA & co), 90% of the total streams count towards her, she is credited for 17/19 songs as writer or producer and she has/had (don´t know if BTS broke it) the most awarded song of all time

But if you include it as a studio album, wouldn't that make Chromatica seem like a bigger flop ??

I personally do not care, but it begs the question why was her next project such a big underperformance in comparison then? Esp since she actually tried super hard to make it a hit (Ariana feature, dance pop sound that made her huge in the first place, BLACKPINK collab for those extra streams)?

littlebodybigheart

it’s just weird that she had been flopping since 2013, suddenly a soundtrack album does well, and then she goes right back to flopping with her next project. i see why people would doubt that gaga is the selling force behind a star is born.

Just now, littlebodybigheart said:

it’s just weird that she had been flopping since 2013, suddenly a soundtrack album does well, and then she goes right back to flopping with her next project. i see why people would doubt that gaga is the selling force behind a star is born.

You basically summarized it.

No one's scared of mentioning ASIB, its success just didn't translate into her own projects so it's foolish to act like she's become a force to be reckoned with again because of it. 

14 minutes ago, littlebodybigheart said:

Then who is the selling force of the person who wrote and sang most of the songs:huh: 

12 minutes ago, littlebodybigheart said:

8 minutes ago, Robyn. said:

You basically summarized it.

No one's scared of mentioning ASIB, its success just didn't translate into her own projects so it's foolish to act like she's become a force to be reckoned with again because of it. 

"Flopping" when she had a big hit literally with every era :rip: You clearly have different standards when it comes to Gaga. Applause is eligble for 5x Platinum, Milion Reasons for 4x Platinum, Rain On Me coming for 4x, as I've said, all of her studio albums had at least one big hit.

31 minutes ago, swissman said:

ATRL loves a technicality, and based on that, it is NOT part of her solo stats.

That being said, we all can use deductive reasoning, or just common sense to see that not only she is a main writer on the songs, but the main vocalist too and the main driving force behind its success (aside from the success of the film that markets the music as well).

To state that it is NOT part of her career is foolish, and ATRL needs to move away from acting like they're Billboard, needing to organize data. We can both say "this is a soundtrack album, not her Lady Gaga studio album" and "this is an achievement in her career and can be added to her overall totals."

We love a measured and nuanced take that isn't black or white :clap3: 

14 minutes ago, Juanny said:

This is rich and these words mean NOTHING coming from you, a bitter gay who will say anything to discredit a hard working woman who you despise, when you're running into Taylor threads 24/7 to drag her. :rip: 

I'm dragging her cheap tactics she is using to stay #1, never discredited her being the biggest female artist in the US. I enjoy her music, Midnights is my most streamed album this year :toofunny2:

1 hour ago, Hot Volcano said:

The Bodyguard

Purple Rain

Grease

soundtracks are the reason Whitney, Prince and Olivia Newton-John had such an impact and they are the most iconic and important part of their discographies. But when it comes to Gaga, suddenly this is not applicable "but ...but ....its not a studio album!! Bradley!!!....what about Stupid Love?!!" :dies:

lmao, this so much! :gaygacat4:

ASIB contains some of Gages biggest classics :clap3: :heart:

Some of you act like ASIB is some kind of behemoth that other stans are jealous of when it's on par with albums that were called local flops like Anti and Lover

The reality is that the project as a whole was a success and Gaga played a part in it but it's clearly not a good indication of the state of her musical career. It's not like this discourse is exclusive to Gaga either, there was always debate around The Bodyguard being considered the best selling female album of all time vs Come On Over

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.