Jennifer Lopez - 'This Is Me... Now'

#Beautiful

26 minutes ago, Musicmajor said:

I streamed this all morning at work! It's such an easy, cohesive listen with no skips needed. I just let it play and by the end of the album, I am in SUCH a good mood. This is still the best album released so far this year for me. 

This is exactly how I feel. It puts me in such an amazing mood, i absolutely love it! :heart:

• Like 2

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• insomniac

• Yudelkis

• CosTaSsSs

• MusicIsMyMaster

To be Yours & This Time Around getting better and better every day :WAP:

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, JoAddams said:

To be Yours & This Time Around getting better and better every day :WAP:

ohh yeah but not.going.anywhere is rnb perfection !

• Like 1

Just listened AKA and man I wish it was produced more timelessly or it should've leaned more rnb/oldschool pop like TIMN. Nothing on it sticks with me unfortunately excluding First Love and ILYP. Hadn't heard Let It Be Me in many years and it is very cute, sounds like Broken Like Me's cousin, gonna listen it more now. Same Girl (Halftime Remix) is great too tho. The album also has too much useless features imo.

What are your opinions on AKA the album?

On the other hand LOVE? is amazing sugary pop album, I like all the songs on it

Edited by alexaalto
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, alexaalto said:

Just listened AKA and man I wish it was produced more timelessly or it should've leaned more rnb/oldschool pop like TIMN. Nothing on it sticks with me unfortunately excluding First Love and ILYP. Hadn't heard Let It Be Me in many years and it is very cute, sounds like Broken Like Me's cousin, gonna listen it more now. The album also has too much useless features imo.

I don't like AKA that much honestly. The Japanese bonus track Charades is a bop and a half. And I can get down to Tens. First Love is a great pop record (her only song by Max Martin!) but seems very out of place on the album. Booty, I Luh Ya Papi are cute. 

On Love, I love I'm Into You, On The Floor, Run The World, One Love, Papi, Good Hit, Hypnotico. But the album is kind of all over the place.

My top 5 fave J.Lo albums (in no particular order):

This Is Me… Then

This Is Me… Now

J.Lo

Rebirth

On The 6

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, insomniac said:

The Japanese bonus track Charades is a bop and a half

gonna check that out too, forgot about that

11 minutes ago, alexaalto said:

gonna check that out too, forgot about that

:WAP:

These lyrics and vibes are S-tier. 

1 hour ago, alexaalto said:

probably my 2nd fave album after TIMN 

• Like 1

Sitting here alone, looking at my ring, ring
Feeling overwhelmed, it make me wanna sing, sing

uHKJlPV.gif

• Like 4

3 hours ago, alexaalto said:

Just listened AKA and man I wish it was produced more timelessly or it should've leaned more rnb/oldschool pop like TIMN. Nothing on it sticks with me unfortunately excluding First Love and ILYP. Hadn't heard Let It Be Me in many years and it is very cute, sounds like Broken Like Me's cousin, gonna listen it more now. Same Girl (Halftime Remix) is great too tho. The album also has too much useless features imo.

AKA was such a missed opportunity because she had finally gone back to more hip-hop oriented beats but the songs just didn't have the magic that her older R&B/hip-hop music had. Let It Be Me is a career highlight though and the bonus tracks CLEAR the main album :jonny2:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, alexaalto said:

A.K.A. is one of her best produced albums! Everything on the album sounds "expensive" and there are some great tracks there. TIMN reminds me a lot of A.K.A. 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

Aka is horrible,noisy and is the epitome of bad rnb hip hop songs. First love was good but it was not top tier max martin production.I hate her so much for trying to be a hip/hop and rnb artist where its not her forte.sure she had some great tracks in that genre in the 00's but her best tracks are latin pop and dance like waiting fir tonight, lets get  loud and on the floor. She just doesnt take the hint it seems. There is now a pop and dance category  at the grammys go work with fuego or lostboy or david guetta to secure that grammy.

Edited by kayliah
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, insomniac said:

:WAP:

These lyrics and vibes are S-tier. 

- Charades

- Booty

- TENS

were the best songs, but were all bonus tracks -_ -  Her team remains the worst 

19 hours ago, alexaalto said:

It definitely sounds like a time capsule if that makes sense. Like music of the specific time the album was released. But I loved it then and still enjoy now, for the most part.

Acting Like That is and will always be one of my faves. So Good, Troubeaux, Let It Be Me, and Expertease are cute too.  

Mad In Love hits hard today

:jonny2:

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Dabbyy said:

Mad In Love hits hard today

:jonny2:

It's one of the top tracks! It's giving Nelly and early 00's vibes which I totally love! 

• Like 2

Hummingbird :twirl:

• Like 1

A.K.A used to be my ish but thinking now, I could condense it into a sweet summer EP

I luh ya

Expertease

Never Satisfied

So Good

Booty

Tens

Let it be me

Charades

(Girls)

I HATE First love's chorus :rip:

But loooove Never Satisfied :chick1:

• Like 2

And where is the praise for Don't Worry No More you fatties?? Thats the best track on the AKA album and yes, i make the rules :alexz2:

—————

What a weird era is this? I really thought she would at least get some acclaim because the alhum is good 

• Like 1

I love AKA! Acting like that, Worry No More, TENS, Booty, AkA, Troubeaux, So Good.

Anyway she dropped the Sean Paul remix for CGE and it's quite good and better than the Latto one, this is the one that it should have been dropped along the album launch but I'm afraid that it's too late.

Also suddenly I'm stanning GLSNT! Also H&F and N.G.A.; imma need the tour to start to give new life to the songs!

• Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Funnyfatty said:

And where is the praise for Don't Worry No More you fatties?? Thats the best track on the AKA album and yes, i make the rules :alexz2:

—————

What a weird era is this? I really thought she would at least get some acclaim because the alhum is good 

Well, it's her best reviewed album so that's something. lol

On 4/4/2024 at 11:24 PM, Onthe6 said:

Hummingbird :twirl:

I'm starting to appreciate it ! The production is amazing !

I've recently discovered Brave, such a great album! until recent weeks I listened only 4 songs from it but now I like most of the 13 tracks:duca:

gonna digest her older discography more too since I've never really gotten into it

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.