= Spins
= Bullet
+0.004 Audience

POP:
(+2) 24 AVRIL LAVIGNE I'm A Mess w/YUNGBLUD 2094 1874 220 3.295

+69 Spins
+69 Bullet
+0.149 Audience

AI on Pop and HAC need to increase together. So annoying that she’s growing on either one OR the other. Good radio update either way. 

1 hour ago, Blankspace2010 said:

HOT AC:
(+1) 15 AVRIL LAVIGNE I'm A Mess w/YUNGBLUD 2328 2179 149 6.678

+31 Spins
+14 Bullet
-0.013 Audience

AC:
(-) 32 AVRIL LAVIGNE I'm A Mess w/YUNGBLUD 24 21 3 0.052

= Spins
= Bullet
+0.004 Audience

POP:
(+2) 24 AVRIL LAVIGNE I'm A Mess w/YUNGBLUD 2094 1874 220 3.295

+69 Spins
+69 Bullet
+0.149 Audience

New Pop peak since HTNGU :party:

Rise I’m A Mess Riseeeee this the beginning :alexz:

Let Go - 1,473,206,618 (+776,842)
The Best Damn Thing - 843,581,004 (+367,474)
Goodbye Lullaby - 697,878,811 (+277,976)
Avril Lavigne - 525,480,220 (+150,585)
Under My Skin - 435,788,475 (+180,909)
Head Above Water - 358,961,233 (+80,327)
Love Sux - 227,309,271 (+334,435)
other - 180,694,982 (+69,994)

Total: 4,742,900,614 (+2,238,542)

Year to Date: 71,873,040

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm a Mess (with YUNGBLUD) - 14,334,838 (+101,843)

Shazam:
#165 United States (-7)

Edited by ProudLBS

KMLTWIE continues to SLAP.

36 minutes ago, Cefh said:

:alexz:

Avril, The Weeknd & Tate the most nominated this year :alexz:

JUNOs Legend!

Radio update??

54 minutes ago, Cefh said:

Wait, iconic! Even though they're a non event now

Hope she sweeps :heart2: 

HOT AC:
(-) 15 AVRIL LAVIGNE I'm A Mess w/YUNGBLUD 2354 2182 172 6.749

+26 Spins
+23 Bullet
+0.071 Audience

AC:
(-) 33 AVRIL LAVIGNE I'm A Mess w/YUNGBLUD 24 22 2 0.053

= Spins
-1 Bullet
+0.001 Audience

POP:
(-) 24 AVRIL LAVIGNE I'm A Mess w/YUNGBLUD 2157 1881 276 3.368

+63 Spins
+56 Bullet
+0.073 Audience

Let Go - 1,474,075,465 (+868,847)
The Best Damn Thing - 843,989,518 (+408,514)
Goodbye Lullaby - 698,192,393 (+313,582)
Avril Lavigne - 525,651,746 (+171,526)
Under My Skin - 436,005,131 (+216,656)
Head Above Water - 359,057,437 (+96,204)
Love Sux - 227,706,103 (+396,832)
other - 180,775,307 (+80,325)

Total: 4,745,453,100 (+2,552,486)

Year to Date: 74,425,526

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm a Mess (with YUNGBLUD) - 14,455,849 (+121,011)

Shazam:
#166 United States (-1)

8 hours ago, Cefh said:

She should've had the same recognition in the US if she was born in America. She should've received at least a Grammy for her career. I mean, Olivia's Sour recieved 2 Grammy and Let Go was such an iconic album and it had zero Grammy. It's obviously because she's not American. 

• ATRL Moderator
16 minutes ago, KKCuteCat said:

She should've had the same recognition in the US if she was born in America. She should've received at least a Grammy for her career. I mean, Olivia's Sour recieved 2 Grammy and Let Go was such an iconic album and it had zero Grammy. It's obviously because she's not American. 

I think it has less to do with her nationality and more to do with the music scene at the time. Sour is acclaimed, Let Go isn’t and can only receive retroactive praise now at best. I think it has more to do with the fact that Let Go, as wonderful as it is, was never going to be a critic’s darling (and honestly a lot of the criticism it received was valid). However, I do think there was more judgement toward young female acts in the early 2000s then there is now so that also had to play a factor.

OT: Bite Me has aged quite nicely, was listening to it today and it still goes off. That being said, I really don’t touch the vast majority of this record anymore. Still think it was a strong effort though!

2 minutes ago, Ampersand13 said:

I think it has less to do with her nationality and more to do with the music scene at the time. Sour is acclaimed, Let Go isn’t and can only receive retroactive praise now at best. I think it has more to do with the fact that Let Go, as wonderful as it is, was never going to be a critic’s darling (and honestly a lot of the criticism it received was valid). However, I do think there was more judgement toward young female acts in the early 2000s then there is now so that also had to play a factor.

OT: Bite Me has aged quite nicely, was listening to it today and it still goes off. That being said, I really don’t touch the vast majority of this record anymore. Still think it was a strong effort though!

It was also a critical accalaim at the time. Back to 2002, not many album can score 70 points on metacritic (sorry i can't remember the name of the website). So 66 points for Let Go was a hit. And she was praised everywhere. Other examples are The weeknd, Justin Bieber and Drake. They are three of most successful Canadian artists of all time but Justin bieber only received 2 Grammy awards in very forgetful categories. When album like Purpose should have more recognition at Grammy. 

5 hours ago, KKCuteCat said:

It was also a critical accalaim at the time. Back to 2002, not many album can score 70 points on metacritic (sorry i can't remember the name of the website). So 66 points for Let Go was a hit. And she was praised everywhere. Other examples are The weeknd, Justin Bieber and Drake. They are three of most successful Canadian artists of all time but Justin bieber only received 2 Grammy awards in very forgetful categories. When album like Purpose should have more recognition at Grammy. 

Sis you’re 100% correct. I agree with you for once :party:

Also it’s revisionist history to say Let Go wasn’t acclaimed :deadbanana: Let’s face it - it got 8 Grammy nominations over two award seasons. Yet she never won. Whatever about the music categories but she should have won best new artist and best female rock song in 2004. Imagine thinking Trouble is a better song than Losing Grip. That’s just tragic. 

I was a massive fan of Avril when Let Go and Under My Skin were out, to the point I had posters of her on my wall. She started to lose me when she released The Best Damn Thing and I just didn’t really check for her after that. Hearing Tomorrow on The Last of Us made me remember how many good memories I had with her first two albums, so I’ve decided to do a deep dive into her discography and listen to everything I’ve missed. 

The Best Damn Thing was a lot better than I remember it being and I feel I judged it too harshly back in the day. I forgot how beautiful Innocence was. I’m currently on Goodbye Lullaby and my next track to play is Stop Standing There. My favourite tracks so far have been Push and Wish You Were Here but some of the production has been quite jarring. Black Star and Push sound like they’re from a completely different album to What the Hell, Wish You Were Here and Smile, so I have no idea what to expect with these following tracks. I’ll pop back in here when I’ve heard the entire thing. 

3 minutes ago, Wrecked said:

I was a massive fan of Avril when Let Go and Under My Skin were out, to the point I had posters of her on my wall. She started to lose me when she released The Best Damn Thing and I just didn’t really check for her after that. Hearing Tomorrow on The Last of Us made me remember how many good memories I had with her first two albums, so I’ve decided to do a deep dive into her discography and listen to everything I’ve missed. 

The Best Damn Thing was a lot better than I remember it being and I feel I judged it too harshly back in the day. I forgot how beautiful Innocence was. I’m currently on Goodbye Lullaby and my next track to play is Stop Standing There. My favourite tracks so far have been Push and Wish You Were Here but some of the production has been quite jarring. Black Star and Push sound like they’re from a completely different album to What the Hell, Wish You Were Here and Smile, so I have no idea what to expect with these following tracks. I’ll pop back in here when I’ve heard the entire thing. 

Skip the studio version of Alice and listen to this live one instead!

11 minutes ago, Wrecked said:

You are going to get whiplash throughout self-titled. It’s a good album but incohesive. Then HAW is a bit of a dud (imo) but Love Sux is great. 

12 hours ago, Ampersand13 said:

Bite Me, Avalanche, and IAM are the trinity I keep comin back to :alexz: Otherwise the others not so much. Maybe it's because I've been more into moody soft-rock pop-rock lately instead of upbeat in your face pop-punk. 

34 minutes ago, Wrecked said:

Goodbye Lullaby is my favourite! Enjoy :jonny:

13 hours ago, Ampersand13 said:

I lowkey agree.

I still think the album is incredible, but I haven't done a full playthrough in quite some time, and when the album tracks do pop up I usually end up skipping them. I haven't listened to the deluxe tracks since probably December. The 'ssss' sound in "I'm a Messsssss" is really jaring and I had to remove it from my library. I do hope whatever she does next is sonically and lyrically closer to IAM tho. Still in the Love Sux vein but slightly more mature and thought out

HOT AC:
(-) 15 AVRIL LAVIGNE I'm A Mess w/YUNGBLUD 2361 2219 142 6.802

+7 Spins
-30 Bullet
+0.053 Audience

AC:
34 33 AVRIL LAVIGNE I'm A Mess w/YUNGBLUD 24 21 3 0.053

= Spins
+1 Bullet
= Audience

POP:
(-) 24 AVRIL LAVIGNE I'm A Mess w/YUNGBLUD 2200 1914 286 3.409

+43 Spins
+10 Bullet
+0.041 Audience

Overall radio

(-) 105. Avril Lavigne - I’m a Mess (+0.120) 

Nearly top 100 on overall radio. First song since HTNGU if she manages it.