Do you help with Thanksgiving dinner?

Cannon

If you’re an American who celebrates Thanksgiving, do you help your family/friends/host prepare for it? Do you cook something or help set the table or do you help clean up at the end?

I’ll be going over to my parents house to help make the pumpkin pie we’ll be eating. 

Historically I do most of the cooking. I hate it when people try to help

No I’m not allowed in the kitchen. My aunties, mom, and grandma don’t let anyone come in when they are cooking at the holidays :deadbanana: 

I bought the ingredients like the chicken (we don’t make turkey:turkey:), veggies, bread, & blueberry double cream pie while my fam makes/prepares the food 

I used to do it all... every single dish... woke up at 4am the day-of to get the bird in the oven. Then I'd prepare the side dishes... and also dessert from scratch. I would sometimes ask my neighbor if they had any pumpkins they were getting rid of after halloween and they would always give us big ones... I made like pumpkin pies out of those. Did it for like 4 or 5 years maybe. 

Nowadays I have no energy left. I cooked the turkey last year along with homemade cinnamon rolls. This year my sister is cooking the turkey and I'm only responsible for the mac n cheese. I'm still making cinnamon rolls but the lazy way, out of a can. I hosted last year and will be hosting this year again. 

Last year I made dessert

This year I bought a pumpkin pie at Publix

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.