• Eminem
    • Taylor Swift
  2. 2. Bigger peak WW?

• Eminem
    • Taylor Swift
  3. 3. Bigger impact?

• Eminem
    • Taylor Swift

Taylor. Em can’t perform stadiums around the world like she can.

I think Taylor has been bigger than Eminem since reputation..

She had a FOURTH album sell 1M copies in one week where Eminem had only gotten 2.
She had multiple global hits up to that point.

She had grossed 125M(?i think?, with Speak Now tour), 150M (Red tour), 250M (1989 tour), and then went on to gross 350M (reputation tour.) 

She had won tons of awards and amassed a lot of acclaim.

Everything since then has just been icing on the cake.

Eminem’s career is definitely nothing to scoff at, either of course. I just think Taylor is the biggest artist of the 21st century.

Idk. Do we have stats? Record sales, certifications, Grammy wins, tour gross, etc. I wanna say Taylor because I like her way more than Em, but I don't actually know. 

24 minutes ago, D.M.F said:

It's not because of lack of demand tho, he just doesn't want to do it, but all his latest concert tours were sold outs in Stadiums

23 minutes ago, PoisonCandy said:

Idk. Do we have stats? Record sales, certifications, Grammy wins, tour gross, etc. I wanna say Taylor because I like her way more than Em, but I don't actually know. 

Numbers said otherwise

30 minutes ago, D.M.F said:

Don't embarrass yourself 

24 minutes ago, PoisonCandy said:

Eminem doesn't tour more than 10 concerts in s year

I don't think the Grammys are a valid variable.

Certifications and sales Eminem is ahead Taylor by s large margin 

Yeah thats Taylor. Its been proven to be Taylor with Midnights massive records being broken and the crazy tour demands. Who else can theoretically fill up 900 stadiums with pre-sale activity alone? Like come on its obviously Taylor. Eminem was never on this level

1 hour ago, Yuanyu said:

Certifications and sales Eminem is ahead Taylor by s large margin 

Thanks to 7 years head start.

First 10 albums

Eminem - 170M (20.7k)

Taylor - 128M (43.5k + Midnights) 

With the current trend, she will catch up in less than 5 years even without Midnights. With it included, it will be even faster (probably 2-3 years). 

23 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Thanks to 7 years head start.

First 10 albums

Eminem - 170M (20.7k)

Taylor - 128M (43.5k + Midnights) 

With the current trend, she will catch up in less than 5 years even without Midnights. With it included, it will be even faster (probably 2-3 years). 

Since Eminem's last album Taylor has released 5 albums (basically half of Eminem's discography), and the difference in sales between the two artists is not 5 times, the math isn't mathing.

And now if you want to discuss that eminem is 50 years old and Taylor is 30, and how he at 30 years old didn't need 5 albums in 2 years to be the best selling artist in the world.

14 minutes ago, Yuanyu said:

Since Eminem's last album Taylor has released 5 albums (basically half of Eminem's discography)

44 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

First 10 albums

:coffee2:

4 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

:coffee2:

First 10 albums where you are including the re-releases, right? :rip:

No one beats you at cheating

26 minutes ago, Yuanyu said:

First 10 albums where you are including the re-releases, right? :rip:

+ Greatest Hits + Live albums + side Bs where a big part of Eminem's sales come from.

If we only include original versions, gap would be even smaller. 

I was being very generous actually, as always. :campfire:

Edited by Artistofthedecade

3 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

+ Greatest Hits + Live albums + side Bs where a big part of Eminem's sales come from.

If we only include original versions, gap would be even smaller :campfire:

As far as I know a greatest hits is a  album, Eminem doesn't have a live album, who does is taylor, and some christmas album too that you have decided to skip in your analysis.

You're not using those albums for your analysis, but if you want we can add eminem's b sides vs taylor's b sides so we can all have a good laugh.

2 minutes ago, Yuanyu said:

As far as I know a greatest hits is a  album, Eminem doesn't have a live album, who does is taylor, and some christmas album too that you have decided to skip in your analysis.

You're not using those albums for your analysis, but if you want we can add eminem's b sides vs taylor's b sides so we can all have a good laugh.

I included every release of their eras from Greatest Hits to Live albums to B sides for both artists just like Chartmaster does since... they are part of their careers. 

I didn't include Eminem's 11th studio album only because Taylor doesn’t have one but adding another 4M wouldn't change a thing in my point so :campfire:

Eminem sold +100M albums in pure sales alone. Taylor still has a lot of catching up to do (and she's probably going to make it, we love to see it).

Edited by gustavothehuman

Taylor for 1. and 3. but Eminem easily had a bigger WW peak. I mean just look at his streams. They are insane for someone who debuted in the 90s, bigger than most 10s MPGs

Eminem’s peak in 2002-2003 involved selling 32M+ albums (Eminem Show + 8 Mile OST), smash after smash including one of the biggest hits ever (“Lose Yourself”), winning an Oscar, opening a movie to over $70M+ based on his name alone which at the time was the record for a non-sequel/non-adaptation, and becoming a global icon. His peak was across music AND movies. 

Taylor has not reached that level, as massive as her career has been. Overall they may be comparable, but her peak is nowhere near his.

2 minutes ago, Shendelzare said:

Im not insane so eminem is bigger in many aspects, he's the OG drake but better(in a rap sense)

Drake has never come close to Eminem. Drake has zero albums over 15M units; Eminem has five. 

Go out and ask some randoms in the street, they'll 99% say Eminem :dies: the thing fomos can't accept is, male artists are just bigger in real life.

why swifties keep setting up taylor like this with all these comparison threads :deadbanana4: she isn't even top 5 bigger acts wolrdwide of this century 

Edited by georgechxng

Eminem has multiple 25M+ global selling albums and multiple billion+ streamed tracks including a non-single so him definitely 

Tay in the US though 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.