Future cult classic albums?

Darkgalord

Being Funny in a Foreign Language

Preacher’s Daughter 

2 of the best albums of the year. Hopefully they get a ton of retrospective acclaim, but that’s my personal bias talking.

For pop? Idk. The last pop cult classic was probably Carly’s E MO TION right? I don’t know who else is capable of pulling that off. Maybe SAWAYAMA. or What’s Your Pleasure? 

5 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

Preacher’s Daughter 

2 of the best albums of the year. Hopefully they get a ton of retrospective acclaim, but that’s my personal bias talking.

For pop? Idk. The last pop cult classic was probably Carly’s E MO TION right? I don’t know who else is capable of pulling that off. Maybe SAWAYAMA. or What’s Your Pleasure? 

girl pls a cult classic album is like Born To Die. those albums are nowhere near the same impact / are already forgotten and nowhere near as good.

ot: MOTOMAMI screamed CULT ALBUM the day it dropped.

8 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

Preacher’s Daughter 

Preachers daughter yes kinda but the 1975 album was kinda panned and mixed critically, commerciallu and by music fans

17 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

girl pls a cult classic album is like Born To Die. those albums are nowhere near the same impact / are already forgotten and nowhere near as good.

ot: MOTOMAMI screamed CULT ALBUM the day it dropped.

I don’t think BTD is considered to be a cult classic when it’s THE longest charting female album of this century (or second longest after 21, can’t remember) :rip: Plus it’s Lana’s most successful album. It’s like saying Miseducation of Lauryn Hill is a cult classic — just because it’s an influential album doesn’t mean it’s a cult classic. It’s just a regular classic lol

15 minutes ago, Delirious said:

Preachers daughter yes kinda but the 1975 album was kinda panned and mixed critically, commerciallu and by music fans

I see what you mean, but for me it’s their best album since ILIWYSFYASBYSUOI but and I just want other people to recognize that :gaycat6: But I know you’re probably right lol

Marina - Love + Fear 

4 hours ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

I don’t think BTD is considered to be a cult classic when it’s THE longest charting female album of this century (or second longest after 21, can’t remember) :rip: Plus it’s Lana’s most successful album. It’s like saying Miseducation of Lauryn Hill is a cult classic — just because it’s an influential album doesn’t mean it’s a cult classic. It’s just a regular classic lol

I see what you mean, but for me it’s their best album since ILIWYSFYASBYSUOI but and I just want other people to recognize that :gaycat6: But I know you’re probably right lol

BTD is only 3x platinum in the US. It's charting so long and become successful later on because it's a CULT classic

OT:

Melodrama

2 hours ago, Paranoid Android said:

Not multi-platinum pop albums being cult classics. :dies:

Nnnnn :dies:

Love + Fear. One day, you shall all see the light.

Agnes - Magic Still Exists
Ayria - Plastic Makes Perfect

Azealia Banks - Broke With Expensive Taste

Cupcakke - Audacious 

Dorian Electra - Flamboyant 

Hillary Duff - Breathe In. Breathe Out. 

Kelela - Take Me Apart 

Kimbra - The Golden Echo

Paris Hilton - Paris

Rebecca Black - Rebecca Black Was Here

$waggot - Feel Worse 

Kelela - Take Me Apart

Beyonce - Renaissance

Jessie Ware - What's Your Pleasure?

Roisin Murphy - Roisin Machine

Ethel Cain - Preacher's Daughter

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.