• Celine Dion
    • Taylor Swift
  2. 2. Bigger peak WW?

• Celine Dion
    • Taylor Swift
  3. 3. Bigger impact?

• Celine Dion
    • Taylor Swift

Both are probably the biggest girls ever just after Madonna, but who's bigger overall?

celine is bigger

the ranking of biggest female artists ever imo is

madonna

mariah

celine

whitney houston 

taylor

I don’t think Taylor is bigger than Mariah, Whitney, or Celine (and not Madonna ofc) yet. I do think she’s bigger than every other woman in music history however!

I think Taylor's peak was bigger but Céline is much more famous, successful and her impact is way bigger

11 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

celine is bigger

the ranking of biggest female artists ever imo is

madonna

mariah

celine

whitney houston 

taylor

5 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

I don’t think Taylor is bigger than Mariah, Whitney, or Celine (and not Madonna ofc) yet. I do think she’s bigger than every other woman in music history however!

You are forgetting miss Barbra. 

Madonna 

Céline

Mariah

Whitney

Barbra

Taylor

Celine for all, obviously. My Heart Will Go On alone has a career of it's own.

This is such a weird comparison. I hate to see how revered and significant legends like Celine Dion, Mariah Carey and Madonna are always so disrespected in ATRL,of all places. I was not even born during the prime of any of their careers and yet, can acknowledge that what they've done for the industry is far beyond these silly comparisons, polls and numbers. Btw, I am not shading Taylor at all but they PAVED the way. Y'all as dedicated pop stans ought to know better. :rip:

Edited by Blackout2006

1 minute ago, Klein said:

Madonna 

Céline

Mariah

Whitney

Barbra

Taylor

Is Barbra big outside the US? I was giving Taylor the edge because I felt like she had secured a more global audience, but I might be underestimating Barb’s reach, especially with a 5 decade long career :dancehall:

2 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Celine for all, obviously. My Heart Will Go On alone has a career of it's own.

This is such a weird comparison. I hate to see how revered and significant legends like Celine Dion, Mariah Carey and Madonna are always so disrespected in ATRL,of all places. I was not even born during the prime of any of their careers and yet, can acknowledge that what they've done for the industry is far beyond these silly comparisons, polls and numbers. Btw, I am not shading Taylor at all but they PAVED the way. Y'all as dedicated pop stans ought to know better. :rip:

I think once Taylor is officially a legend it doesn’t take anything away from Madonna Whitney Celine Mariah (or Barbra lol) but people here act like it does. There’s lanes for everyone and their legacies don’t dim with the inception of a new legend. 

9 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

Is Barbra big outside the US? I was giving Taylor the edge because I felt like she had secured a more global audience, but I might be underestimating Barb’s reach, especially with a 5 decade long career :dancehall:

Well, yes Barbra's success is HEAVILY US-centered, but you just can't discard her considering how insanely powerful she was in the biggest music market in the world, imo. 

Was anyone as globle as Celine?  Celine also had probably the biggest peak out of any pop girl ever.  

however when the dust settles, it is likely that Taylor will have the bigger career and more “impact” whatever that means. 

2 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

I think once Taylor is officially a legend it doesn’t take anything away from Madonna Whitney Celine Mariah (or Barbra lol) but people here act like it does. There’s lanes for everyone and their legacies don’t dim with the inception of a new legend. 

That's what I'm saying. Credits to Taylor for being able to do such astonishing things in a modern era like this but I hate to see how some of her stans choose to run with it and completely dismiss legends in the process. 

38 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

She's not. I believe Taylor is bigger than Barbra. Barbra is a big name and people know she is a singer and she won the Oscar but she doesn't have definitive hits. 

5 minutes ago, Alexz said:

She's not. I believe Taylor is bigger than Barbra. Barbra is a big name and people know she is a singer and she won the Oscar but she doesn't have definitive hits. 

You’re not serious 

1 minute ago, family.guy123 said:

You’re not serious 

Outside the US which is the topic at hand.

My Heart Will Go On alone is bigger than Taylor's entire career.

I dont think Taylor even passed Mariah, for there to be conversation for Celine (or even Madge, but atrl likes to compare with the biggest so it's w/e)

1 hour ago, Klein said:

Madonna 

Céline

Mariah

Whitney

Barbra

Taylor

1 hour ago, Klein said:

Well, yes Barbra's success is HEAVILY US-centered, but you just can't discard her considering how insanely powerful she was in the biggest music market in the world, imo. 

I do think Taylor is more impactful than Barbra

probably not more longevity..but probably equal success, if not more

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.