Should Twitter just die already?

Ferret

Its popularity has never been the highest among other plataforms, current generation doesnt even use it, it’s literally the battlefield for extreme right and extreme left every single day. On top of it, elon is now running it and it seems it’s getting worse. Imo , we should just have ig and tik tok

Honestly yeah, it’s the new Facebook. Tiktok kinda ended its era. 

Kinda hope not, it's only place I can talk about Allday non stop without being judged :skull:

do we really want that to happen? It’s the only thing that we can embed on here :biblio:

It's still pretty used tho

2 generations (one of which is the biggest ever) use it, so I dont understand the argument that the newest gen doesn't use it

Facebook is the biggest media site, yet mainly old ppl use it (boomers)
+GenZ mainly use YT,IG and TT anyways..

also, it isn't the highest in population..but it's still a huge platform

where people can easily share news and organize themselves for protests and etc (didnt the BLM movement get a large part contributions from there?)

I dislike Elon and what he is doing as much as the next person

but FB/IG and TT also have their own huge flaws,rampant hate groups and injustice

14 minutes ago, GentleEarthquake said:

Yes, everything Elon touches, should die :bam:

grimes too? :deadbanana2:

ot: yes, i mean theres already4chan. why do they need a second site

and yet all other apps combined still keep getting all their jokes and news and updates from twitter. it's not as irrelevant as yall think. 

Once I find out where a certain kind of other content I mainly use Twitter for is migrating to instead I am OUT! IDC about it otherwise. Bye!!! 

I personally hate Zuckerberg more so I hope Instagram dies first.

How can it die when its usage is at an all-time high? :bibliahh: It's been so fun lately too, lmao.

Also, where was this energy for certified loser Jack Dorsey when he was CEO? You know, the one who endorsed Elon's purchase? They all suck.

Performative rage ain't that cute when you exert it selectively.

2 hours ago, Ferret said:

we should just have ig and tik tok

Be serious... misinformation thrives on both of those BECAUSE they don't have a clear-cut forum of discourse like Twitter, toxic as it may be.

Also, as far as I'm aware, Gen Z mostly hates Facebook, no? I've also heard of Instagram being referred to as undesirable by them. Isn't Stan Twitter mostly comprised of younger folks? :ace:

Edited by Carry My Heart

It’s not the thing that should die :foxaylove2:

Yea it should die because Trump and his facist minions are taking over and their tweets are going to trigger us and Jan 6 was like, so bad. Wahhh

I mean, it'll die whenever it does, not much anyone can do about it either way other than like...log off. 

Cameltoe Chariot
1 hour ago, GentleEarthquake said:

Yes, everything Elon touches, should die :bam:

a spill, methinks

murder-she-wrote-jessica.gif

1 hour ago, Karla Cabello said:

grimes too? :deadbanana2:

Is her musical career even still alive?

a lot of journalists in the tech world say that twitter’s replacement is coming v soon. as someone else said, it’s basically the new Facebook/tumblr. It’ll be easy in the next 6-12 months for a new app to take its place but either way TikTok is eating all the girls’ lunches including IG.

Why? because it's not owned by a leftist anymore and the other sides have finally got their voice back? funny how libs suddenly dont like freedom of speech at all. 

17 minutes ago, imabadkid said:

a lot of journalists in the tech world say that twitter’s replacement is coming v soon. as someone else said, it’s basically the new Facebook/tumblr. It’ll be easy in the next 6-12 months for a new app to take its place but either way TikTok is eating all the girls’ lunches including IG.

Twitter isn't going anywhere :bibliahh:What new app? Please... y'all really think these ultra capitalists are so different from one another? Each and every one of Twitter's CEOs has been **** up & down, this one's just more prolific. 

31 minutes ago, coolblue said:

Why? because it's not owned by a leftist anymore and the other sides have finally got their voice back? funny how libs suddenly dont like freedom of speech at all. 

Please read about freedom of speech. You look very stupid right now. 

9 minutes ago, DatChickDoe said:

Please read about freedom of speech. You look very stupid right now. 

Na he doesn’t look stupid at all. He’s right. 

8 hours ago, Jack. said:

Na he doesn’t look stupid at all. He’s right. 

Literally, freedom of speech has nothing to do with the consequences of private companies. There is a reason Republicans are ******* stupid. This is one. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.