Online classes/courses/certifications: UDemy vs. Coursera vs. LinkedIn Learning

Before Today

Hey guys I was wondering if you've done an online course to get a certification (let's say Microsoft Excel), what's the best option among the three mentioned? They're not proctored I know but it'll be somewhat of good value/nice little thing to put on a resume. Thanks!

hey bro, not sure whether ATRL is the right place to ask this. You can find plenty of answers from Reddit. 

I'm in tech and I can tell you Udemy worked best for me because the people that designed these courses are also industry professionals, so the problems they shared are closer to what you'll face at work. But overall, these courses are not that valuable for job interviews, because usually company seeks real experience. PM me, I can share a bit more if you're interested.

P/s: Fujii Kaze is the time-ticker bomb and we're just waiting for him to explode :giraffe:

1 hour ago, Carrie-is-no-1 said:

hey bro, not sure whether ATRL is the right place to ask this. You can find plenty of answers from Reddit. 

I'm in tech and I can tell you Udemy worked best for me because the people that designed these courses are also industry professionals, so the problems they shared are closer to what you'll face at work. But overall, these courses are not that valuable for job interviews, because usually company seeks real experience. PM me, I can share a bit more if you're interested.

P/s: Fujii Kaze is the time-ticker bomb and we're just waiting for him to explode :giraffe:

Yeah I'm looking for answers on other sites too. I know these courses aren't that valuable hence the "not proctored" comment, but I just want to add something more on paper than "proficient in Ms. Excel" if you kno what I mean.

And yesss stan King Fujii :jonny3:

Coursera, no contest.

Literally my country accepts the certifications as well as pays for some of the courses occasionally

Plus, the lectures are pretty engaging and the transcripts are very helpful for keeping up and studying.

Edited by Phaunzie

Udemy courses are mostly YouTube Videos which barely scratch the surface of any topics :deadvision:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.