Better: Rebelde Way (Argentina) or Rebelde (Mexico)?

Scars

Better  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Better

• Rebelde Way (Argentina)
    • Rebelde (Mexico)
  2. 2. Bigger

• Rebelde Way (Argentina)
    • Rebelde (Mexico)

Quiénes y cuándo: lo que se sabe de la nueva versión de Rebelde Way que  prepara Netflix

Rebelde Way (2002-2003) is an Argentine telenovela created and produced by Cris Morena and it was originally broadcast on Azul Televisión. The soap opera has been broadcast in many countries, achieving widespread success. The four main characters form a band named Erreway, in order to pursue their dreams. In real life, the band enjoyed great success in Argentina, Spain, Greece, Cyprus and Israel, selling close 2 million records and achieving several platinum records.

De Disney a Rebelde, como viver a nostalgia nos dias atuais

Rebelde (2004-2006) is a Mexican telenovela produced by Pedro Damián for Televisa, broadcast by Canal de las Estrellas. It is a remake of the Argentine telenovela, Rebelde Way, adapted for the Mexican youth audience, leading to differences in characters' backgrounds. The actors playing the band members are themselves in an actual group named RBD and perform most of the music used on the telenovela, including the opening theme song, "Rebelde". The group achieved international success from 2004 until their separation in 2009 and sold over 15 million records worldwide, making them one of the best-selling Latin music acts of all time.

For some reason, every time RBD-related content goes viral on any social media, some remaining Rebelde Way fans flock to the comment section trying to convice people the argentine version was better or even more sucessful than the mexican one, as you can see in the replies to this viral tweet, so I decided to take the matter to my ATRL latina chicas and ask: which version is better? :lakitu:

Better: the original one. The actors didn't look 25 and the striptease had class to it

Bigger: my boyfriend learned enough Spanish from Rebelde Way to go do drugs in Colombia after his military service. Global.

RBD’s sold over 15M records and grossed over 35M USD in touring, sis. I don’t think the answer to who is more successful is really a debate :rip:

29 minutes ago, ProudLBS said:

Better: the original one. The actors didn't look 25 and the striptease had class to it

Bigger: my boyfriend learned enough Spanish from Rebelde Way to go do drugs in Colombia after his military service. Global.

Rebelde (Mexico)

RBD was a phenomenon over here. Every little kid and teenager in brazil was obsessed with it back in the late 2000s. They would sell out stadiums like water. It was truly INSANE :deadbanana4:

Edited by georgechxng

littlebodybigheart

rbd was HUGE, i don’t think the others compete. and they were bigger because the music was better as well.

The original is better but RBD obviously was bigger. 

RBD was obviously the much bigger phenomenon, but I've yet to find a case where the Mexican (read: Televisa) remake of a telenovela from another country is better than the original -- especially Argentinean ones: they go ALL OUT with their plots (sex, alcohol, drugs, multiple LGBT characters, mental health issues, etc.) and all these plot points just get sanitized in the Televisa remakes  :sorry:

7 hours ago, Karma88 said:

Better: Rebelde Way

Bigger: RBD

Luisana Lopilato >>>>

spacer.png

Somebody needs to check on this girl. Hopefully her ugle husband Michael Buble is treating her better :biblio:

5 hours ago, georgechxng said:

RBD was a phenomenon over here. Every little kid and teenager in brazil was obsessed with it back in the late 2000s. They would sell out stadiums like water. It was truly INSANE :deadbanana4:

Rebelde/RBD were bigger in Brazil than in Mexico :deadbanana4:

38 minutes ago, andresg770 said:

RBD was obviously the much bigger phenomenon, but I've yet to find a case where the Mexican (read: Televisa) remake of a telenovela from another country is better than the original -- especially Argentinean ones: they go ALL OUT with their plots (sex, alcohol, drugs, multiple LGBT characters, mental health issues, etc.) and all these plot points just get sanitized in the Televisa remakes  :sorry:

Rebelde 

Corazón Salvaje

La Madrastra 

Mirada de Mujer

Simplemente Maria 

la Usurpadora 

…just to name a few. You might not like them but the GP says otherwise :sorry:

Rebelde way bu far. The actors were young unlike RBD which looked like a parody

Luisana >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

It took me until last year to realise that there was an Indian remake of Rebelde Way too, even though I remembered watching it fairly often as a little kid.

5 hours ago, andresg770 said:

It's funny because Argentina have several teen telenovelas that went on to become cultural phenomenon, but latinos always say no to the original argentine version and stan the remake from some other country. :deadbanana2:

Chiquititas and Violetta are probably the only exception.

1 hour ago, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

It took me until last year to realise that there was an Indian remake of Rebelde Way too, even though I remembered watching it fairly often as a little kid.

I've never heard about Remix until I saw some random compilation video of all the remakes on Youtube a few years ago. :dies: Were they big in India?

Edited by Scars

10 hours ago, georgechxng said:

As a little brazilian kid, their presence felt inescapable. They were EVERYWHERE in 2005-2006. The mexican Beatles indeed. :jonny:

Maracanã completely sold out. Whew.

1 hour ago, Scars said:

It's funny because Argentina have several teen telenovelas that went on to become cultural phenomenon, but latinos always say no to the original argentine version and stan the remake from some other country. :deadbanana2:

Chiquititas and Violetta are probably the only exception.

"Floricienta," too, I'd say.  I wasn't in Peru by the time it aired, but I can't imagine "Lola, érase una vez" was in any way bigger other than the number of countries it aired (because Televisa has much greater reach than Telefe).

And "Cebollitas" was HUGE in my country, though I don't think it got any remakes, did it?

4 hours ago, Scars said:

I've never heard about Remix until I saw some random compilation video of all the remakes on Youtube a few years ago. :dies: Were they big in India?

I have no idea since I lived across the border in Pakistan and I was only a few months old when the show began airing, but I'd like to the show was decently popular since it aired for 2 years and reruns continued till the channel it aired on was shut down in December 2011.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.