Is this Rihanna's "Evita" era?

naval23

She's focusing on acclaim from soundtrack music with "Lift Me Up" and "Born Again"

And her postpartum magnum opus "Ray of Light" is coming after she sweeps up some awards.

Rihanna makes return with Black Panther: Wakanda Forever single Lift Me Up  - first new music in six years | Ents & Arts News | Sky News

Patti LuPone Trashes Madonna, Calls Her a "Movie Killer" - E! Online - CA

Yes! "Lift Me Up" is her "Don't Cry For Me Argentina" and "Born Again" is her "Lament"

12 minutes ago, naval23 said:

And her postpartum magnum opus "Ray of Light" is coming after she sweeps up some awards

YES :clap3:

she needs to serve vocals, dance, artistry and some kind of emotions (besides bitchy attitude), so in short - no.

7 minutes ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Yes! "Lift Me Up" is her "Don't Cry For Me Argentina"

only nowhere as good

LMU is just deadass flat. literally repeats the same 2 sections over and over throughout the song 

17 minutes ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Yes! "Lift Me Up" is her "Don't Cry For Me Argentina" and "Born Again" is her "Lament"

Girl bfr :bibliahh:

7 minutes ago, PopKills said:

LMU isn’t serving acclaim and won’t serve awards tho 

It literally just won the award that most Best Original Song at the Oscars wins?

You all do not know what you’re talking about. :rip: 

8 minutes ago, PopKills said:

...it just won the first award of the season, and:

11 minutes ago, PopKills said:

It already won an award. :gaycat6:

22 minutes ago, ninasayers said:

It already won an award. :gaycat6:

23 minutes ago, istan4badgalriri said:

...it just won the first award of the season, and:

26 minutes ago, collin said:

It literally just won the award that most Best Original Song at the Oscars wins?

You all do not know what you’re talking about. :rip: 

Well clock me with facts :gaycat6:

Except one will end up with an Oscar while the other one got Raspberry Awards

\

23 minutes ago, indiroc said:

Good luck booking that acclaim you speak of.

It already won its first award so

Rihanna's “Lift Me Up” won song – feature film at the 13th annual Hollywood Music in Media Awards ceremony, which was held at the Avalon in Hollywood on Wednesday, Nov. 16. Rihanna co-wrote the song from Black Panther: Wakanda Forever with Tems, Ryan Coogler and Ludwig Göransson.

1 hour ago, Brando said:

only nowhere as good

LMU is just deadass flat. literally repeats the same 2 sections over and over throughout the song 

You literally stan Taylor, the worst "singer" to touch a mic. You should be the last person talking about repetition/flat vocals when your fav talk-sings throughout her entire catalog and doesn't leave the same key (because she can't as doesn't possess the range, and she still sounds horrible in said key). Be serious for a moment.:deadbanana2:

OT: Yes, We are sweeping the awards this time around (hopefully). The commercial success will come later :lakitu: 

11 minutes ago, RihFenty20 said:

You literally stan Taylor, the worst "singer" to touch a mic. You should be the last person talking about repetition/flat vocals when your fav talk-sings throughout her entire catalog and doesn't leave the same key (because she can't as doesn't possess the range, and she still sounds horrible in said key). Be serious for a moment.:deadbanana2:

The unnecessary meltdown :deadbanana4:

Madonna is my fave and DCFMA is an awesome song that doesn't deserve to be compared to the atrocity that is LMU which is incredibly flat in its structure. Like I said it only has two sections (1. lift me up part, 2. burning down part) and those two sections repeat 3 times each. That's why that the song tanked quicker than Titanic. It was absolutely uninspired and not worthy of Rihanna's comeback. Not sure what Taylor's vocals had to do with any of this, but go off... 

8 hours ago, InventedGays said:

The award she won, more often than not, since it's inception is not in line with who wins the Oscar :rip: I'm sure she'll snag it but that's just not what happened lol

Blah blah blah. :rip: 

littlebodybigheart
7 hours ago, Brando said:

i said the same thing :deadbanana2: i was like yikes…

11 hours ago, RihFenty20 said:

OT: Yes, We are sweeping the awards this time around (hopefully). The commercial success will come later :lakitu: 

The deflection to Taylor, you really can't help yourself can you :toofunny2:

That user spoke FACTS ig that's why u were mad tho

13 hours ago, blueberries said:

Except one will end up with an Oscar while the other one got Raspberry Awards

madonna almost got nominated for an oscar for acting with evita. that movie and soundtrack were EVERYWHERE. have you even seen the movie? with inflation, it's comparable to gaga's asib

these days award shows throw awards at anyone popular.. you can't compare that to the 90s

Edited by wanderlust

14 hours ago, lestat111 said:

she needs to serve vocals, dance, artistry and some kind of emotions (besides bitchy attitude), so in short - no.

oop :mandown:

dzfY1Ck.gif

14 hours ago, Brando said:

Madonna is my fave and DCFMA is an awesome song that doesn't deserve to be compared to the atrocity that is LMU which is incredibly flat in its structure. Like I said it only has two sections (1. lift me up part, 2. burning down part) and those two sections repeat 3 times each. That's why that the song tanked quicker than Titanic. It was absolutely uninspired and not worthy of Rihanna's comeback. Not sure what Taylor's vocals had to do with any of this, but go off... 

If we ignore the "drowning in an endless sea" verse and the 1 minute-long outro then yeah. We can also ignore that it's re-entering the Hot 100's top 10 this week and is currently still Top 25 on Spotify/AM global, and say that it tanked. Let's also ignore that the atrocious song is already an award-winner and the predicted frontrunner for the Oscars.

27 minutes ago, istan4badgalriri said:

If we ignore the "drowning in an endless sea" verse and the 1 minute-long outro then yeah. We can also ignore that it's re-entering the Hot 100's top 10 this week and is currently still Top 25 on Spotify/AM global, and say that it tanked. Let's also ignore that the atrocious song is already an award-winner and the predicted frontrunner for the Oscars.

only for you to realise that it's the same as "burning in a hopeless dream" section with different lyrics

and the outro is the same as "hold me down" section just with adlibs and a few lyrical changes 

the song goes like

A

A

B (with lyrics switch up) 

A

B

A (with adlibs)

There's no movement of any kind in the song. And sections A & B are also awfully similar.  When people complained during the release that "the song goes nowhere", that what they means without realising why.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.