Christina Aguilera - Beautiful | Turns 20

naval23

The song was released as the 2nd single of Xtina's iconic era Stripped, as follow-up to lead single Dirrty

Christina Aguilera - Beautiful (single).png

It was rush released in the USA after the backlash and underperformance of Dirrty.

The song was recorded in one take and Xtina claimed she put her heart and soul into the track and represented the theme of Stripped.

The single received critical acclaim for Xtina pushing boundaries and won a Grammy for Best Female Pop Vocal Performance and nominated for Song of the Year, with Simon Cowell calling it "one of the best pop records ever made".

Dont Look At Me Shy GIF - Dont Look At Me Shy Embarrassed - Discover &  Share GIFs

It was written and produced by Linda Perry, who rejected Pink's request to sing it because Linda Perry wanted to keep the song for her potential solo career only to end up giving it to Xtina after hearing Xtina's vocal take on it. Xtina wanted to record another vocal take however Linda Perry denied the request and left her ad-lib "Don't look at me" as the opening line.

The music video pushed boundaries by portraying positive representation of marginalized groups including LGBT+ community and tackled issues including homophobia, anorexia and low self-esteem, and inspired a subgenre of empowerment songs including Lady Gaga's "Born This Way", Katy Perry's "Firework" and Pink's "Perfect" in the 2010s.

It reached #1 in the UK, Australia, Canada, Romania Ireland and New Zealand and peaked at #2 on the Hot 100, blocked by B2K's "Bump Bump Bump". It reached top 10 in 20+ countries.

A #2 with the impact of a #1. What a legendary song! It really helped me in some tough tough times, even years after its release!

5 hours ago, Lament said:

A #2 with the impact of a #1. What a legendary song! It really helped me in some tough tough times, even years after its release!

Yup it was bigger than the #1 that blocked it on the year end charts 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.