Keurig vs. Instant Coffee - which do you prefer?

naval23

I just want something simple that will make me a cup of coffee conveniently and I'm not too picky about the quality of my coffee (I love McDonald's coffee and not looking for Starbucks quality)

Just wondering any Keurig owners if you think the purchase was worth it?

Edited by naval23

MadonnasBoyfriend

Of course dahling. I switched to tea tho. It's what it sounds like fresh cup of coffee . Try French vanilla k cups from dunkin donuts. So good

just got one and it's pretty good, still need to experiment with different types of kcups/creamers tho. nice to have coffee at home when i'm working remotely and if it's cold and I don't want to leave my place lol

The Keurig doesn't make enough coffee and the K-cups are expensive. You're better off using a reusable K-cup with your own coffee grounds.

Keurig coffee is weak and doesn't make a lot per pod. And the reusable pods always leaks coffee grounds into the coffee.

I would recommend getting a small traditional drip coffee machine and just getting ground coffee/coffee filters. You will save money on a cheaper machine + 

If you make three cups a day, 365 days a year, that adds up to around $723 spent on K-Cups, versus $307 for regular coffee brewers.

This is the machine I use it was 40$

https://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-DCC-450BK-Coffeemaker-Stainless-Steel-Carafe/dp/B0000A1ZMS/ref=sr_1_6?crid=GGUDBKYLPZKY&keywords=cuisinart+coffee&qid=1668479801&sprefix=cuisinart+coffee+%2Caps%2C200&sr=8-6

• ATRL Moderator

You are not going to beat the convenience of a Keurig.  If that's your priority, then a Keurig is your best choice

34 minutes ago, americanlife said:

The Keurig doesn't make enough coffee and the K-cups are expensive. You're better off using a reusable K-cup with your own coffee grounds.

Doesn't 1 K Cup make an 8 oz coffee? 

7 minutes ago, khalyan said:

You are not going to beat the convenience of a Keurig.  If that's your priority, then a Keurig is your best choice

Do you think instant coffee beats the quality of a Keurig K cup coffee?

• ATRL Moderator
2 minutes ago, naval23 said:

Doesn't 1 K Cup make an 8 oz coffee? 

Depends on what Keurig you have, the one I have brews 6oz, 8oz, and 10oz.

Just now, naval23 said:

Do you think instant coffee beats the quality of a Keurig K cup coffee?

No, I think a Keurig is better.

I use a Keurig for the convenience but have a French press for when I want something high quality 

I drink too much coffee to only use a Keurig. My bf has one and I have a traditional coffee maker and if I have a casual morning, I’ll make a pot but if we’re going somewhere I’ll use the keurig for a quick cup 

edit: didn’t even bother reading the title in full before replying :deadbanana: Keurig>>>instant all day 

Edited by PMKARDASHIAN

I have a keurig k-supreme and use it almost daily. I prepare my coffee using donut shop coffee k-cups, a splash of califia vanilla oatmilk creamer, and a splash of chobani zero sugar plain oatmilk.  

If you don't have super high expectations for how you take your coffee, it's worth it. It's a no hassle way of making fresh coffee daily and it tastes good. I would buy the k cups in bulk at like costco or sams though bc them things are expensive if you get the smaller packs at any grocery store. 

22 minutes ago, khalyan said:

Depends on what Keurig you have, the one I have brews 6oz, 8oz, and 10oz.

No, I think a Keurig is better.

I use a Keurig for the convenience but have a French press for when I want something high quality 

What's the difference between drip and French press? Do they taste different?

If you decide going the Keurig route, I recommend instead just getting an espresso machine. It's more expensive up front, but cheaper in the long term. Those cups get hella expensive over the months/years. My favorite kitchen appliance is a Terra Kaffe.

Edited by Gladiator

12 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

If you decide going the Keurig route, I recommend instead just getting an espresso machine. It's more expensive up front, but cheaper in the long term. Those cups get hella expensive over the months/years. My favorite kitchen appliance is a Terra Kaffe.

What in the 700 dollars?!!?!... :deadbanana2:

Girl, OP stated they like mcdonalds coffee lmao. Plus Keurig makes a reusable k-cup that you can put any ground coffee you'd like. 

Idk but my Keurig coffee always tastes too strong, it’s still way better than instant coffee but I think the traditional coffee made from a pot using ground coffee tastes way better. 

McDonalds has one of the best coffee, actually. Their roasts taste better than Starbuck's imo, especially their dark roast. 

2 hours ago, shinyshimmery said:

What in the 700 dollars?!!?!... :deadbanana2:

Girl, OP stated they like mcdonalds coffee lmao. Plus Keurig makes a reusable k-cup that you can put any ground coffee you'd like. 

i was just saying it was my favorite. lol.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.