'Dua Lipa' Hits 10B Spotify Streams (First Female Album)

Jude

Her success is so downplayed for some reason. This is crazy. Well done :jonny: 

She did it by making several global hits :clap3: a greatest hits album 

It's always weird how people drag her for having too many hits :deadbanana2:

Droplets "Scared to be Lonely", "No Lie" (where she's a feature lmao), "One Kiss", "Electricity", and a re-release with a BLACKPINK collab did that! YES, she added ALL those songs to her debut "album". Shall we say debut Greatest Hits playlist from 2015-2019 instead? Would be more accurate. It's the only 'era' I can think of that spanned FOUR years. Dua is truly record-breaking!

1 minute ago, Protocol said:

Droplets "Scared to be Lonely", "No Lie" (where she's a feature lmao), "One Kiss", "Electricity", and a re-release with a BLACKPINK collab did that! YES, she added ALL those songs to her debut "album". Shall we say debut Greatest Hits playlist from 2015-2019 instead? Would be more accurate. It's the only 'era' I can think of that spanned FOUR years.

It lasted that long because it kept hitting. It's not the flex you think it is.

14 minutes ago, Protocol said:

Droplets "Scared to be Lonely", "No Lie" (where she's a feature lmao), "One Kiss", "Electricity", and a re-release with a BLACKPINK collab did that! YES, she added ALL those songs to her debut "album". Shall we say debut Greatest Hits playlist from 2015-2019 instead? Would be more accurate. It's the only 'era' I can think of that spanned FOUR years. Dua is truly record-breaking!

You sound pressed and jealous :gaycat5:

45 minutes ago, Protocol said:

Oh no. She had too many hits :(((((((( How sad

Im always so surprised to hear how many streams this album has cause I literally only know that New Rules song ?

1 hour ago, Protocol said:

the bitterness :redface:

1 hour ago, Alexz said:

Clock it. The hits were hitting! 

1 hour ago, americanlife said:

And it's not even a good album :eek: Future Nostalgia deserved

That one has 9.5B. Won't be long for it to be the 2nd female album to hit 10B. :foxaylove2:

3 hours ago, P!NK2LOVE said:

Her success is so downplayed for some reason. This is crazy. Well done :jonny: 

What do you mean "for some reason" :skull:

Gurl its quite known this album is a compilation, she kept adding songs she was featured on.

31 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

What do you mean "for some reason" :skull:

Gurl its quite known this album is a compilation, she kept adding songs she was featured on.

Even still, they’re HER songs :rip: 

3 hours ago, americanlife said:

And it's not even a good album :eek: Future Nostalgia deserved

Future Nostalgia is hitting 10B in a few months aswell :heart:

Queen! Nobody’s doing it like her

4 hours ago, Katy V.! said:

It's always weird how people drag her for having too many hits :deadbanana2:

4 hours ago, Alexz said:

4 hours ago, znake said:

You sound pressed and jealous :gaycat5:

3 hours ago, Lachlan said:

Oh no. She had too many hits :(((((((( How sad

2 hours ago, BowWow said:

the bitterness :redface:

Clock it. The hits were hitting! 

Not y'all acting like she's the only one with hits or that the problem is people being mad she had hits. The issue here to anyone with a brain is clearly that Dua kept adding new songs to that album and it's misleading since anyone could create an "album-playlist" with their biggest hits and grab that "most streamed album" achievement. 

51 minutes ago, Taylena said:

Not y'all acting like she's the only one with hits or that the problem is people being mad she had hits. The issue here to anyone with a brain is clearly that Dua kept adding new songs to that album and it's misleading since anyone could create an "album-playlist" with their biggest hits and grab that "most streamed album" achievement. 

Let’s see how many people can keep adding smashes to their albums and get 10Bn. Stop acting like it’s just soooooo easy to do

1 hour ago, P!NK2LOVE said:

Even still, they’re HER songs :rip: 

I'd love to see ur reaction had Gaga added Shallow to Chromatica. Would iz still be "well its her song" or would it be "so desperate, adding a smash hit to inflate the streams of the album!!" :toofunny3:

3 minutes ago, BowWow said:

Let’s see how many people can keep adding smashes to their albums and get 10Bn. Stop acting like it’s just soooooo easy to do

Olivia's debut album is currently over 8 billion streams with just the original 11 songs from release day.  I'm not saying it's easy or that Dua's self titled / Future Nostalgia are not huge smash hit albums but it's obvious she couldn't reach 10 billion with just the standard version of those albums.  It's almost impossible in the streaming era to have more than 2 smash singles from the same album so releasing new singles and later adding them to the album helps a lot. Ofc you also need them to be hits but it still holds true that it's a big advantage over albums that just have their original release singles. 

22 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

I'd love to see ur reaction had Gaga added Shallow to Chromatica. Would iz still be "well its her song" or would it be "so desperate, adding a smash hit to inflate the streams of the album!!" :toofunny3:

I wouldn’t care tbh :rip: power to her too! 

12 hours ago, Taylena said:

So why don't they do it? I'd like to see it! Stay mad. :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.