Best follow-up to an AOTY winner? (Adele/Billie/Kacey)

StonedSoulPicnic

Best follow-up to an AOTY winner? (Adele/Billie/Kacey)  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Best follow-up to an AOTY winner?

• Happier Than Ever - Billie Eilish (2021)
    • star-crossed - Kacey Musgraves (2021)
    • 30 - Adele (2021)
  2. 2. Worst follow-up to an AOTY winner?

• Happier Than Ever - Billie Eilish (2021)
    • star-crossed - Kacey Musgraves (2021)
    • 30 - Adele (2021)

Out of these choices, which follow-up to an AOTY winner is the best?

Billie_Eilish_-_Happier_Than_Ever.png Kacey_Musgraves_-_Star-Crossed.png Adele_-_30.png

Happier Than Ever - Billie Eilish (2021)

star-crossed - Kacey Musgraves (2021)

30 - Adele (2021)

I absolutely loved star-crossed and still use it, it's the album that got me into her.

Cherry Blossom is the definition of pop perfection.

Simple Times is a fantastic melancholic bop.

Justified is just stunning.

Camera Roll, Good Wife etc. she snapped, she did what she had to do etc etc Thanks, Kacey

I know star crossed gets a lot of hate but I enjoy like 85% of it so so much. Camera roll, easier said, there is a light, if we were a movie, etc are all so great. I was going through a really rough breakup when it came out though so it does get some emotional bias from me lol.

I enjoy HTE WAY more than I enjoyed WWAFA. While I’m not the biggest fan of 30 outside of like 3 songs.

I’d say HTE > star crossed > 30 

for what it’s worth though, 30 isn’t worse than 25 :deadbanana2:  It’s just the worst “follow up” of these 3 imo 

Edited by WeFoundTrouble

HTE and 30 are both better than their predecessors :gayriahcat2:

Haven't listened to Star-Crossed. But Kacey's AOTY will always be Same Trailer :wave2:

All terrible (sans kacey but I never listened to any of her albums so I don’t have anything to form an opinion on) 

30 is better than 25, Happier Than Ever is better than Billie first album. I don't know I really liked both, maybe HTE a little bit more. 

30 is the best. Star crossed and happier than ever are equally mid

I haven’t been super connected to these albums even though I consider them all solid projects, but I think Happier Than Ever got me the most. 

Both SC and HTE are great albums and better than their predecessors. 30 is worse than 25 but it‘s still good.

If I were to rank them: HTE > SC > 30

Overall HTE > SC > 30. All good albums. I still enjoy SC quite a bit but it was probably the biggest letdown out of the 3 following their predecessors. Still better than 30. 

HTE > 30 > SC

I still listen to Happier Than Ever but I never listened to 30 or Star-Crossed again after the first week they were out. I thought 30 was okay but boring, but I really didn’t like Star-Crossed especially knowing she’s capable of better.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.