Black Panther Wakanda Forever B.O. Megathread: 600M WW

JBJT2786

2nd weekend is projected to be 64M. 70 is very possible tho. It'll be interesting how it does Thanksgiving week.

https://deadline.com/2022/11/box-office-black-panther-wakanda-forever-the-menu-anya-taylor-joy-she-said-1235176102/

I'll update the front page on Sunday

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JBJT2786

• Gorjesspazze9

• BNF91

• X~MoviePoP

5 minutes ago, X~MoviePoP said:

Interesting cause theaters in my area are packed tonight

It's always lowballed. I wouldnt be surprised if the projections gets upped to 70M by tomorrow morning. Thanksgiving week will be interesting tho.

Just wanted to say this movie was SO good. Loved the commentary on colonialism, and the Mesoamerican influence on Talokan. Hope to see more of that in future installments

So the film should be at 300 M in the US by Wednesday. It'll be interesting if cuz of the holiday It'll surpass DS2 here by next Sunday. International hold is doing ok. Deadline is predicting a 415M WW final so im seeing a 865-900M final without China in the mix.

It had a nice hold internationally, down 53%, with $69M for $258M total. I think it can get to around $425M, maybe $440M overseas (despite FIFA). 

Domestic hold was the best since Shang-Chi for phase 4 MCU. Down 62.7% off a holiday debut weekend, with $67.3M ($288M running total domestic). Current global total is $546M.

With Thanksgiving week upon us, Wakanda Forever should continue to make bank all week. Thanksgiving week is always interesting to track.

Mon: $7-8M 

Tues: $8.5-9.5M 

Wed: $10.5-11M 

Thurs: $11.5-12M 

Fri: $19-21M

Sat: $17.5-19M 

Sun: $9-10.5M ($44-51M 3rd weekend, $370-380M by Sunday)

This should put the film on track to be very close, if not at $700M globally by this coming Sunday.

Edited by BNF91

On 11/13/2022 at 8:11 PM, BNF91 said:

Also, this is very jarring. Why did far fewer white people go to see the film compared to the first? 

Where would reliable data of this even come from? :rip:

550M today! 700M+ next week is a given? Especially with college/Schools  having fall break and thanksgiving next week 

sounds like a smash to me! :eek: Rihanna has done it again! 

It reach 600Million in time for Thanksgiving Dinner yall

On 11/26/2022 at 12:31 AM, BNF91 said:

Prob $670-680M by Sunday. 

End up being 675M. Any chances at 900M? Or nah?

1 hour ago, JBJT2786 said:

End up being 675M. Any chances at 900M? Or nah?

I don't think so. High 800's hopefully. But we will see. It still has the holiday break to benefit from, despite Avatar. 

475/400 split I think. The world cup is definitely taking its toll on international numbers (though still only -54% this wknd to $33M). Domestic finish of 475M IMO would be solid considering everything. 

3 weeks out and today it has officially pass 700M:gaycat4: Making it the 7th biggest film of the year! Another 2 weeks until avatar. 

Unfortunately i dont see this passing 800 million. Maybe it can, possible 820 but i dont think itlll go beyond that once avatar is out in 2 weeks.

2 hours ago, mystery said:

This isn't hitting 850m? 

I think it'll hit 900M at the very least. Unless Avatar just takes every damn screen.

2 minutes ago, Arcadius said:

I think it'll hit 900M at the very least. Unless Avatar just takes every damn screen.

Avatar is going to be shown in 4,100 locations in the US starting next week. It will probably take away away all premium formats, internationally Black Panther is done already. 

Edited by mystery

It’s passing Thor and The Batman this weekend to become the 5th biggest film of the year! It’s definitely will slow down due to avatar, but $950 overall run is still likely. It will stay In Theaters until the 2nd week of January 

Wakanda Forever has officially passed Batman & Thor today! Making it the 5th biggest Movie of the year:gaycat1:

Marvel bags another year of having 2 of the biggest comicbook films of the year!

Wakanda Forever has officially passed Batman & Thor today! Making it the 5th biggest Movie of the year:gaycat1:

Marvel bags another year of having 2 of the biggest comicbook films of the year!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.