• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JBJT2786

• Gorjesspazze9

• BNF91

• X~MoviePoP

I can see it dropping only 35% 2nd weekend. Tiktok is what will carry this to past 850 mill worldwide

That domestic Sunday projection is too harsh, 33% drop from Saturday? Nah. Actuals will bring Wakanda Forever up by a couple million I think. Like $182/184M. 

Overseas did better than the reduced projections too. Audience scores are easily the best since No Way Home for Marvel. 

I can't say how much FIFA will affect the overseas box office. But I think WF can get past $420/430M OS. Domestic it can dominate for 5 straight weeks. $500/550M is possible.

Final global total range: $875/950M

I think the strength of the dollar doesn't help internationally as well.

Kinda shocking MoM outperformed it in opening weekend. Black Panther seems bigger than Dr Strange, I guess Wanda and being first marvel movie post NWH helped MoM a lot. 

Great numbers for Rihanna's Black Panther :clap3:

43 minutes ago, zoldyck said:

Kinda shocking MoM outperformed it in opening weekend. Black Panther seems bigger than Dr Strange, I guess Wanda and being first marvel movie post NWH helped MoM a lot. 

well it's black panther without black panther

compared to dr strange with added wanda

43 minutes ago, zoldyck said:

The hype was huge for this….sadly one of the worst MCU films. The 3rd will prob suffer a dip

1 hour ago, zoldyck said:

Won't matter much when Wakanda Forever leaps past Doctor Strange 2's $415M domestic. Those legs were absolutely pitiful. 

Just now, BNF91 said:

Won't matter much when Wakanda Forever leaps past Doctor Strange 2's $415M domestic. Those legs were absolutely pitiful. 

yes but their Global numbers would be close.  

1 hour ago, chris1991 said:

The hype was huge for this….sadly one of the worst MCU films. The 3rd will prob suffer a dip

One of the worst? Are u crazy.

The mcu has way worse films than this. This movie is wayy better than 60% of mcu movies and is prob top 10

4 minutes ago, BNF91 said:

Also, this is very jarring. Why did far fewer white people go to see the film compared to the first? 

The 50% decrease on white ppl :deadbanana4:

25 minutes ago, BNF91 said:

Also, this is very jarring. Why did far fewer white people go to see the film compared to the first? 

they wanted to make sure their hero remains the biggest movie of the year

34 minutes ago, X~MoviePoP said:

One of the worst? Are u crazy.

The mcu has way worse films than this. This movie is wayy better than 60% of mcu movies and is prob top 10

To be clear i was talking about the multiverse of madness. 

WF is top 5 on my list!

the demographic is literally servin' "Get Out"

the way the whites showed up to the first just to say: "I have a black friend" and then dipped for the second :lmao:

1 minute ago, Eóghan said:

the demographic is literally servin' "Get Out"

the way the whites showed up to the first just to say: "I have a black friend" and then dipped for the second :lmao:

:rip::deadbanana2:

Black Panther had ties to Infinity War, Wakanda Forever doesn't, so it will probably make less overseas

And BP was also such a cultural event in the US that international audiences tuned in to see what the fuss was about, WF won't have that curiosity/novelty factor, a The Force Awakens tea

Then there's the fact that Chadwick has passed unfortunately

Edit: Oh and I forgot about the lack of China and Russia

(BP and Incredibles 2 making only $600M overseas each back in 2018 was pretty surprising tbh)

4 hours ago, BNF91 said:

Oh my my :rip: 

3 hours ago, BNF91 said:

As I suspected 

This was no surprise . They always lowballed the projections. My 4pm screening yesterday was packed. Crossing fingers for 185M. Wish it had did my 197 prediction tho. Wouldve given people less to complain about but I see it holding a better 2nd weekend than BP did.

22 hours ago, BNF91 said:

considering the political climate, it makes total sense. 

Thinking Of You

The film was incredible. A little bit too lengthy in my opinion though. 

Regardless, it’s smashing as it should. I went last Saturday and every single theater was sold out 

2 hours ago, XAMJ said:

considering the political climate, it makes total sense. 

!!!

This movie was also on point with its commentary of colonialism

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.