Black Panther Wakanda Forever B.O. Megathread: 600M WW

JBJT2786

c73b5080886466799818966817aa9b4f22d824a3

Welcome to the BP: WF B.O. thread. Arguably the most anticipated film of the year, the first BP exploded to an incredible 202 million in the US and finished at 700M US, 1.34B WW. Will Wakanda Forever get close...let's see?

Opening Weekend: Whats your predictions ATRL? I think it'll hit just shy of 200 million ( 197 M) and finish around 600 M US. It'll def hit 1 billion but let's see if Latin  America shows up more this time around.

Results:

Thursday night : 28 M

3rd best of the year but higher than BP's preview. We know this is a walk up film so let's see how Friday does.

https://deadline.com/2022/11/box-office-black-panther-wakanda-forever-1235169891/

WW after 2 days is at 58 M. Noted its only been open in 30 markets so far. 

https://deadline.com/2022/11/black-panther-wakanda-forever-opening-global-international-box-office-1235167682/

Friday:84M US, WW: 148.7M

Overseas is doing meh despite almost every country its playing has it at #1.

Sunday: US estimate : 180M

WW total : 330M

Nov 20: 288 M US, 546M WW. US second weekend fell 64% but the international only fell 49%. Thanksgiving week should be interesting 

Nov 25: 600M WW so far. Billion is a no go at this point but it'll def surpass Dr. STRANGE 2 for sure now in the US.

Will update on Sunday for the weekend results.

Nov 27.

US: now 367.6M pacing ahead of MOM will most likely be at 400M by next week.

WW: 675M. Should be passing the Batman by Friday.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JBJT2786

• Gorjesspazze9

• BNF91

• X~MoviePoP

Ahhhh it’s coming to smash :jonnycat: I doubt it will have as much longevity as the first but even if it hits 900m it’s a smash :jonny:

Looking forward to this smashing. Angela, Letitia and Ryan ate ??

It's incredibly emotional, my goodness. The Rihanna songs make sense now.

16 minutes ago, chris1991 said:

China is trash…it’s no longer opening there.

Did top gun play in china

:coffee2:The Movie is already smashing. No need for the fake concern. 

1 hour ago, X~MoviePoP said:

Did top gun play in china

Is top gun the MCU? MCU historically get a decent bump from China. 

This will not flop lol

First projections up : 80+ Friday, 170-180M OW

There is hope that the Ryan Coogler directed and written sequel could overtake Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness‘ $187.4M opening, however, it’s still too early. Currently in hourlies, Wakanda Forever is overtaking Doctor Strange 2 and Thor: Love & Thunder. The sequel doesn’t appear to be front-loaded. If it emulates exactly Doctor Strange 2, its 3-day will come in less than that movie. Doctor Strange 2 fell 36% on Saturday, and 32% on Sunday. In terms of Wakanda Forever coming up short of Doctor Strange 2 in previews by $8M, sources attribute that to the time of year and running times. More people were available back in early May than now on a Thursday night, plus Doctor Strange 2 ran at 2 hours and 6 minutes while Wakanda Forever is 2 hours and 41 minutes.

I recall BP being severely lowballed on that Friday so I can see this number go up Saturday morning. I'm still sticking to my 197M prediction.

For comparison sakes:

For BP: Deadline

Friday: predicted 175M for 3 days

Saturday morning: 183M

Sunday: 194M

Final: 202M

https://deadline.com/2018/02/black-panther-thursday-night-preview-box-office-1202291093/amp/

2 hours ago, X~MoviePoP said:

I dont see this or avatar doing well. I think box office is done for the year

There's being delusional and then there's whatever this is :rip:

Rt audience score is 95% and imdb is 7.5 so it looks like audience is liking it. Hopefully the cinema score is a A atleast. Tiktok seems to be going ham so i hope they all show up this weekend or atleast next weekend.

The ATRL servers are a f*cking NIGHTMARE. JFC :deadbanana:.

OT:

It's smashing, your honor.

I hope it beats MoM's opening weekend :duca:.

As expected...

Official Friday number is 84M.

Deadline upped projections to 175-185M.

Still keeping my 197M prediction.

Overseas are meh ( International ATRLers what's going on?!) but it's doing great in Latin America as expected.

less then 24 hours ?a legit smash opening weekend incoming 

A billion is probably not happening anymore, if it does it will be borderline like Jurassic World: Dominion.

DEADLINE: ‘Black Panther: Wakanda Forever’ At $65M Overseas Through Friday; Heading To $300M+ WW Bow – International Box Office

We are now eyeing an overseas launch weekend in the $140M range and a worldwide start above $300M. The sequel is indeed coming in lower internationally than we projected. This is in part due to Asia Pacific not performing as expected. We knew that Korea was a point of concern given the market is coming out of a mourning period following a national tragedy, and we are also hearing that the length of the film and its limited action are affecting numbers in the region.

Through Friday, it is estimated that BP2 is running 116% ahead of Black Adam, 28% ahead of The Batman and 13% below Black Panther on a like-for-like basis.

The Top 5 overseas markets for Wakanda Forever through Friday are France ($7.9M), Mexico ($5.3M), UK ($4.9M), Korea ($3.6M/$6.4M through Saturday and not reflected in the totals above) and Australia ($3.2M).

Edited by mystery

Very Good sign for WoM Saturday looking to come in around $58M. Great result after Veteran's Day Friday ($56M true Friday). It was expected to decrease slightly from the holiday Friday instead we are seeing an increase. $180M is locked at this point, $185M very likely. 

A great Sunday hold will decide if Wakanda Forever can hit $190M. Either way, far better opening weekend legs than both DS2 and Thor 4. 

$500M domestic should be all but locked up with $185/190M and 5 whole weeks to dominate until the next big release. 

Its probably going to match MoM or make a little more and crack $1B (depending how long it stays in theaters). Regardless, the movie is a smash and the studio will at least make back its profit. :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.