Lingua Ignota comes to an end

mokitsu

Kristin Hayter will retire her beloved experimental project Lingua Ignota in early 2023. Known for composing bracing, cross-genre epics, Hayter said the decision would promote her mental health and prevent her from being “mired in the past.” as she put it on Instagram this morning (November 2). “This time last year I was non-functional,” she wrote. “Then, out of desperation, I gave myself permission to heal for the first time.” Her final performances, including her imminent fall tour and “a few things in early 2023,” will go ahead.

The statement continued, in part, “I will not allow my wounds to destroy me. I want to live a healthy, happy life and have changed much in myself and my surroundings to bring light in. As such the art has to change too. It is not healthy for me to relive my worst experiences over and over through LI, and my healing has finally allowed me to *feel* how painful that is. I am taking a new direction with my music and I am looking forward to the future. I want to let you know in light of some (very cool) things that will be announced soon that I am retiring this catalog, this pain. This era is over for me.”

https://pitchfork.com/news/lingua-ignota-project-coming-to-an-end

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.