“BREAK MY SOUL” is an Acclaimed #1 Hit. Why Do ATRLocals Try and Drag It?

Brikenbur

- 9 weeks at No. 1 on Billboard Dance chart

- 2 weeks No. 1 on Hot 100

- Positive reviews from Variety, Rollingstone, NME, etc.

- Over 1 million units sold

- Debuted at No. 15 with only a few days of tracking

- Record of the Year/Song of the Year potential nominee

Why are some ATRLocals continuously trying to undermine the success and acclaim of “BREAK MY SOUL”? It’s not adding up especially with the success. Sure it hasn’t been a streaming monster, but, it was a radio hit! Sales hit! A lot of people I know STILL obsess over the song when we got out or just in general. Honestly, no other MPG has released anything this year that can match its infectious hooks, production, and beat, so :gaycat5:

But anyway, what’s with all the hate? It’s a house song and house songs aren’t supposed to be too complex. She served according to publications. :celestial5:

Edited by Brikenbur

No one but the frustrated monsters claim BMS is a flop.

They are butthurt that Beyonce outdid Gaga in everything, after years of calling her an 98-out flop.

Truth is they are not even competing, Beyonce is miles above and even Gaga knows that.

Edited by Trent W

8 minutes ago, Shendelzare said:

another thread from you that's in the wrong section

Ooooh you’re bothered. Maybe you should go listen to Anti-Hero and drink a pumpkin spice latte while your shopping the isles of Trader Joe’s :chick1:

It reminds me some of the reactions from some for Run the world back in 2011. Now that song is still very famous and it outstreamed some of their faves from the same year. 

Edited by vale9001

Because it was effortless and their fave isn't capable of doing it without other names attached to their song!

8 minutes ago, Trent W said:

No one but the frustrated monsters claim BMS is a flop.

They are butthurt that Beyonce outdid Gaga in everything, after years of calling her an 98-out flop.

Truth is they are not even competing, Beyonce is miles above and even Gaga knows that.

this 

34 minutes ago, Shendelzare said:

another thread from you that's in the wrong section

its because he thinks he smart enough so he can report people in here for being flamebait. 

good luck with that.

Just now, AlexStexaul said:

its because he thinks he smart enough so he can report people in here for being flamebait. 

I- 
:deadbanana4:

If I published such thread about Taylor, ATRL mods would already close it. They've been favoring Beyonce for years.

Sometimes, these artists just can’t win. When songs like Stay overstay their welcome on the charts, people call it radio driven. Now, when we have a hit like Break My Soul that was dropped after 10 weeks, people still call it radio driven.

So, which way is it? People can’t have it both ways.

19 minutes ago, AlexStexaul said:

good luck with that.

:deadbanana4:

41 minutes ago, AlexStexaul said:

good luck with that.

Kiiii.

Thread ruined.

FgcQ8dbXgAIk5fd?format=jpg

I must admit the song really exceeded my expectations. I thought it was just okay when it came out and that the #1 and popularity was just down to it being a Beyoncé song but it’s gone on to be a signature song of its own. I hear it everywhere, everybody knows that song, it gets parties and crowds going and I’ve realised recently how good it is. A genuine smash hit :clap3:

Threads like these are such a kii because depending on the artist, atrl will scream radio spins and mass purchases are factors for success and for other artists success is only attributed to streams and chart placement and longevity (and only on the hot 100, lbr who really cares about the dance chart or any other genre chart :mandown: ???).

There’s no point asking this question because no one is going to agree, and whatever anyone says in this thread in support they will say the exact opposite to drag another artist in some other thread (or vice versa if they come in here to critique). 

Not sure since hives like using the word "Impactful" to define her success despite the song not having any.

BMS is all of those things but it's not a great song.

The album on the other hand is excellence upon excellence. :clap3:

Because this website has turned into hot garbage. ATRL used to be cool when it was a website used for track-list rankings, finding L-words to albums/singles before they came out, and for posting funny and relatable LGBTQ+ content. 

Now this website has turned into... 

-MIDNIGHTS vs RENAISSANCE 

-This song is only popular because of PAYOLA!! TIK TOK!! Spotify streams!!

-I'm not homophobic/femme-phobic for liking straight-acting guys with chiseled 6-packs

-I'm not fatphobic for refusing to date fat people!! 

-Katy Perry is done for!! 

It was a cute #1 hit that came just in time for pride/the second half of summer 2022. It also served its purpose as a welcome back to pop radio after practically paying it dust for the last decade. It was obvious it was going to free fall once a handful of the albums tracks went viral upon release which is a good thing because it guaranteed the album will have legs. Idk why ATRL is convinced the hard radio push it received was some sort of scandal :priceless: Not when COUNTLESS of ATRLs fav generic hits are mostly payola driven radio fodder. That radio deal was literally the only push BMS received after hardly even being acknowledged by Bey herself. It maintained itself all things considered (no video/performances/no nothing). She has bigger classics that were deemed flops simply due to their failure to peak in the top 5, so leave it to ATRL to still find a narrative to downplay Beyoncé’s return to the top spot. It doesn’t get more transparent. 

Can someone define “payola driven radio fodder”?

I’ve seen those words thrown around with songs like Stay, Easy On Me, and Break My Soul.

Is there a meaning to it, or do you all just throw those words around to songs that you don’t like?

Because it's OUT on the H100

Because Beyoncé won & they can’t stand it. We were told she was over but here we are in the year 2022 going into 2023 with a solo multi-week #1 and another hit coming with Cuff It.

I find it funny how people like OP keep saying songs like Cardigan and Willow were big flops yet apparently Break My Soul is a hit. Make it make sense :toofunny3:

Edited by Enrique523

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.