STOP IT with the (Insert Act) During (Artist) Concert Threads

Selena to address 2019 AMAs performance in new documentary

naval23

It's the most iconic thing she has done in her entire career. :clap3:

I’m surprised her team hasn’t tried to erase that performance from history :skull: 

2 minutes ago, Jude said:

It's the most iconic thing she has done in her entire career. :clap3:

lol seethe no one even remembers this disaster :lmao: 

this is the most iconic thing she's done and she has done a few

ab67616d00001e026bc7473df6c9d1fd90972e84

The transition at 2:17 with the playful waving goodbye + Halsey and Taylor cheering always sends me :dies: 

@Walk_Away21 

5 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

I beg to differ, the ATRL topic title "Selena Gomez sings off key in her chorus" pops up in my head daily.

1 minute ago, ccfan007 said:

I beg to differ, the ATRL topic title "Selena Gomez sings off key in her chorus" pops up in my head daily.

daily? that's a sad life if that's the case but who am I to judge, do you I guess :toofunny3:

I feel like we kinda have an idea what went down, but yeah it’ll be nice to hear directly from her about it. It was probs anxiety and her not being physically/mentally prepared. I felt bad when ppl trashed her so hard when it was so obvious she just wasn’t in a good place during the performances e.

13 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

Yes, I and the rest of atrl are seething our faves don't have that iconic performance Selena did at the AMAs. :clap3:

54 minutes ago, Jude said:

Yes, I and the rest of atrl are seething our faves don't have that iconic performance Selena did at the AMAs. :clap3:

yep, that's just one of her 4 iconic AMAs performances :clap3: 

Something was clearly wrong with her during that performance. You can see she looks extremely uncomfortable... and probably wanted to back out at the last minute. The producers did her dirty and should have had her lip sync to alleviate some stress. 

People were so extra about this performance. Like yeah it was rough but she was obviously going through it :skull: She went on stage and did what should could then. Most people criticizing her can’t even get up to get the remote to change the channel, so they stayed tuned during the rest of the performance. In the end, Selena won and no one remembers this.

1 hour ago, Reverse Warholian said:

The transition at 2:17 with the playful waving goodbye + Halsey and Taylor cheering always sends me :dies: 

@Walk_Away21 

WHO IS THE GIRL BESIDE TAYLOR?! SHE AIN'T GOT NO EYEBROWS!!!!

This wasn't a good performance but I think anyone who's followed Selena if only a little understood what was going on here. She was going through the motions but still held it together as much as she could. 

3 hours ago, Pink Ranger said:

I’m surprised her team hasn’t tried to erase that performance from history :skull: 

why would they? she obviously looks like she had a panic attack and chose to go on stage regardless

3 hours ago, dman4life said:

This wasn't a good performance but I think anyone who's followed Selena if only a little understood what was going on here. She was going through the motions but still held it together as much as she could. 

Lol, she just can't sing. If she doesn't want to be nervous or embarrasses herself, she needs to hire a vocal coach. It's that simple.  

11 minutes ago, Bimbo said:

I mean it’s not like she’s ever been a good singer/performer, save the backstory :skull: 

this :rip:

she's not even a decent performer to begin with. alleged anxiety attack or not.

the bigger question would be why they didn't have her lipsync like usual. :rip:

17 minutes ago, BlueTimberwolf said:

Lol, she just can't sing. If she doesn't want to be nervous or embarrasses herself, she needs to hire a vocal coach. It's that simple.  

That's not even it she just seemed out of it and completely uninterested. Sure she "can't sing" but she's put on much better performances prior to this one so that's not an excuse. 

okay but what will she address? that she can’t sing live? or will she pull the “being a woman in this industry is so hard” card and blame it on misogyny. 

We all know what happened. She bombed. She sounded horrific. One of the worst vocal deliveries in history. ?

Any of y’all placing Selena Gomez near the word iconic have serious issues. Lol 

1 hour ago, dman4life said:

It was worse than Britney’s VMA lol 

5 hours ago, Iaintsorry said:

I feel like we kinda have an idea what went down, but yeah it’ll be nice to hear directly from her about it. It was probs anxiety and her not being physically/mentally prepared. I felt bad when ppl trashed her so hard when it was so obvious she just wasn’t in a good place during the performances e.

We should have herd some vocals from her directly. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.