Twitter users to start paying for verified accs

SmittenCake

Twitter is going to become the next Tumblr with a new owner coming in and thinking they can make money out of it but ending up killing it.

Edited by midnightdawn

3 minutes ago, midnightdawn said:

Twitter is going to become the next Tumblr with a new owner coming in and thinking they can make money out of it but ending up killing it.

wasn't that mostly over sexual content? not the same thing really

1 hour ago, DonSiblon said:

Brilliant idea :clap3: no more “verified Twitter pundits” who spread misinformation. 

2 hours ago, Liquorice said:

i don't see the issue at all. a lot of people that are verified on there have no reason to be verified anyways :alexz2:

The policy is likely to let anyone who is willing to pay $240/year be verified. :skull:

lol good luck with that. every business person knows its v hard to get people to start paying for something that was previously free.

I don’t even hate musk, I just think his takeover will be the final nail in the coffin for Twitter.

Edited by imabadkid

Imagine paying for a free app just to have a mark? its not different then a subscription tier social media ploy. They just need to moderate Verified accounts like instagram

I meam, this has no effect on me whatsoever, and it will cause tons of drama in hustler I mean influencer space. This is win-win in my book, I am ready for the meltdowns.

Sounds really stupid and goes completely goes against what verified should be

If the plan is to have verified users pay to keep their verified status, then I agree with it; it's a vanity status for a lot of people anyway, let them pay if they want to keep it.

If the plan is to let anyone who's willing to pay $20 get a verified status, then that's dumb.

good. i’m tired of random ass unfunny verified  for no reason accounts being retweeted into my feed for no reason 

Nice, too many peasants got it verification when they shouldn't have.

1 minute ago, UnusualBoy said:

Nice, too many peasants got it verification when they shouldn't have.

Nvm, I just saw anyone could pay for it now :toofunny3:

On 10/30/2022 at 6:45 PM, Poxy said:

Blue checkmark “””journalists”””… your reign of TERROR is OVER!!!! 

Praise be.

On 10/31/2022 at 6:58 PM, Khal said:

If the plan is to have verified users pay to keep their verified status, then I agree with it; it's a vanity status for a lot of people anyway, let them pay if they want to keep it.

If the plan is to let anyone who's willing to pay $20 get a verified status, then that's dumb.

It’s the latter :sadviolin:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.