Twitter users to start paying for verified accs

SmittenCake

Honestly? I think it's fair! And these famous people have enough money :celestial5:

i don't see the issue at all. a lot of people that are verified on there have no reason to be verified anyways :alexz2:

5 minutes ago, magazine said:

Honestly? I think it's fair! And these famous people have enough money :celestial5:

That's true but the entire reason why they needed verified symbol to begin with was to battle copycat accounts/theft and hacking etc. Its purpose, much like Youtube verification symbol isn't for showing off your "superiority" or whatever.

I imagine the only ones who will be taxed will be the ones that want it as a vanity feature, so the rich will be exempt. Otherwise it will be a mess

Edited by Illuminati

Well that will erase the verification to a lot of pseudo-journalists and label employees that have it for absolutely no reason

I thought it was stupid at first but I kind of makes sense

Blue checkmark “””journalists”””… your reign of TERROR is OVER!!!! 

8 minutes ago, Trent W said:

Well that will erase the verification to a lot of pseudo-journalists and label employees that have it for absolutely no reason

Good point, but the purpose of the verification is to ensure people that that account is the confirmed official account of a public figure and not a fan page or fake account. Maybe Elon could limit verification to more notable public figures instead of charging people for it.

he’s really just trying to drive twitter into the ground huh :skull: make back as much money as he can since his dumb ass spent 44 billion on it :skull: 

11 minutes ago, Trent W said:

Yeah until we get an influx of "verified" right wing conspiracists who spread misinformation and are now deemed credible. :deadbanana2:Mess incoming. 

I wonder if the MPGs like Gaga, Taylor the so called liberal mpgs will pay for it and support a right wing owned social media platforms

34 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

i don't see the issue at all. a lot of people that are verified on there have no reason to be verified anyways :alexz2:

I support this. :clap3:

Brilliant idea :clap3: no more “verified Twitter pundits” who spread misinformation. 

23 minutes ago, coolblue said:

I wonder if the MPGs like Gaga, Taylor the so called liberal mpgs will pay for it and support a right wing owned social media platforms

:rip:

They’re celebs their accounts will always be verified.

53 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

This. There’s no reason why random people should have verified accounts :giraffe:

Its over for people who illegally bought verifications from twitter for like $10000 lol.

1 hour ago, Stan.killah said:

GOOD MOVE :clap3:

You Must be tired from kissing elons ass all day huh 

21 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

You Must be tired from kissing elons ass all day huh

Seems like 80% of users in this thread support the idea. Are they also kissing Elon's ass? :swan:  Take a seat.

I’m ok with this tbh, make them pay and less ads we all win, or make a second tier badge like for pseudo verified users.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.