H100: Taylor breaks record by debuting 10 tracks in the top 10, all tracks in top 50

Renan90

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• By the Water

• simmnfierzig

• Brando

2 hours ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

He's on a downward slope after CLB's lack of dominance -- it has decent longevity, but nothing like Views and Scorpion -- and Honestly Nevermind's decrease. I'm sure he's not -over- but I think he's past his streaming peak.

I love how you guys keep using Honestly, Nevermind (a suprise DANCE album) as some sort of indicator for Drake's current commercial standing lol. 

Does anyone have that deadbanana emote variant (lol) where the deadbananas are in a tree and they start falling from it? I feel like that’s the only appropriate reaction here, the available versions aren’t enough.

10 minutes ago, Holiest Dreams said:

Does anyone have that deadbanana emote variant (lol) where the deadbananas are in a tree and they start falling from it? I feel like that’s the only appropriate reaction here, the available versions aren’t enough.

:hoetenks:

This one?

12 minutes ago, Holiest Dreams said:

No but this represents us Swifties this past week

DescriptivePopularLabradorretriever-max-

Just now, wastedpotential said:

:hoetenks:

This one?

It’s like this one but it’s edited where they start falling off :ahh:  

25 minutes ago, onewillowsilk said:

I love how you guys keep using Honestly, Nevermind (a suprise DANCE album) as some sort of indicator for Drake's current commercial standing lol. 

I love that album and I understand the nuance behind its (under)performance in his overall discography. I’m not trying to downplay him or anything like that. I know a rap album could drop in February and he’d be more than capable of 500K first week off the back of pretty much streaming alone. But that’s a first week number that continues to diminish with each release.

Add to that the fact that Drake’s career (09?—present, 13 years thus far) has already outlasted the lifespan of most mainstream rap careers besides Jay Z, Eminem, and Kanye, and you start to see how his success is in a much more vulnerable position and how he is susceptible to decline.

Especially considering he’s a little more Anglocentric in his success (as Hip Hop usually is) and streaming continues to grow outside the anglosphere (Asia and LatAm) at exponential rates. But he’s pretty much locked to still be one of the top 3 men of the entire decade alongside Ed and whoever else fills in that third slot out of Bieber or some newcomer or whatever.

1 minute ago, Trainwreck said:

No but this represents us Swifties this past week

DescriptivePopularLabradorretriever-max-

Also accurate :giraffe: :clap3: 

I mean how can SOMEONE sell 575K of vinyls that cost 30-40USD on one week??? I mean HOW? How it's even possible!!! I am in love with this woman. 

insane numbers :clap3: 

3 hours ago, State of Grace. said:

Isn't it the 6th biggest debut ever though?

1 | 2015 | 25 | Adele | 3,378,000

2 | 2000 | No Strings Attached | NSYNC | 2,416,000

3 | 2001 | Celebrity |NSYNC | 1,880,000

4 | 2000 | The Marshall Mathers LP | Eminem | 1,760,000

5 | 2000 | Black & Blue | Backstreet Boys | 1,591,000

6 | 2022 | Midnights | Taylor Swift | 1,578,000

7 | 2002 | The Eminem Show | Eminem | 1,322,000

8 | 2000 | Oops!... I Did It Again | Britney Spears | 1,319,000

9 | 2014 | 1989 | Taylor Swift | 1,287,000

10 | 2017 | Reputation | Taylor Swift | 1,216,000

11 | 2012 | Red | Taylor Swift | 1,208,000

If Midnights’ SPS is included here, the SPS for  25 and Rep should also be included. 25 did 3,482,000 and Rep did 1,238,000.

3 hours ago, Brando said:

Why is BB serving OTH this era. There were literally only 5 extra versions :deadbanana4:

They’re just listing facts…

1 hour ago, CaptainMusic said:

Taylor’s fanbase is more rabid than Lana’s though and obviously a lot bigger, the multiple variants and the effect of adding 7 songs after people had already purchased definitely fuelled this number. I think it’s delusional to deny this but I also think it would’ve done a million regardless. 

I think if it had a normal release without these it would’ve done 1.1.12M which still blows everyone else away. 

I don’t think it attributed that much too it, I just bought the seven extra tracks individually because it was cheaper than buying a whole new version, changed the album sorting title in iTunes and now it looks like I bought the 3am originally. (Not saying you’re wrong though because it could have, some people may not have thought rationally like I did) 

2 hours ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

People mad at the “multiple formats” available for purchase are going to have a SEIZURE when her tour grosses north of half a billion dollars :ahh: No ticket variants to blame THAT success on :ahh: 

Most of the people I’ve seen mad about it are people mad that billboard brought it up in the first place :rip:

6 minutes ago, family.guy123 said:

Are they listing similar facts for every single album that tops their chart? If not then these particular facts are serving unnecessary bias. 

8 minutes ago, family.guy123 said:

Why didn't they list these "facts" for other artists then? 

FgVvTDEXwAUDxsw?format=jpg&name=900x900

7 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

I guess it wouldn’t be profitable for them since only Taylor is relevant enough to have people fuming over her variants :gaylorcat1:

12 minutes ago, Brando said:

Are they listing similar facts for every single album that tops their chart? If not then these particular facts are serving unnecessary bias. 

9 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Oop

13 minutes ago, Brando said:

I didn’t check every single article, but I checked for the most recent Blackpink and Beyoncé releases, and yes, similar facts are posted. 

She ain’t a business woman. She’s a business, woman. 

:keir: Congrats Taylor.  Midnights is massive and in the history books.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.