H100: Taylor breaks record by debuting 10 tracks in the top 10, all tracks in top 50

Renan90

1 minute ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

Why would they change their rules about consumers paying full price for an album? :ahh:  Are movie theaters suddenly going to stop counting gross for people who see films two or three times? :ahh:  they’re paying for the product, whether you like it or not.

My God, you're slow, aren't you :redface:

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• By the Water

• simmnfierzig

• Brando

People mad at the “multiple formats” available for purchase are going to have a SEIZURE when her tour grosses north of half a billion dollars :ahh: No ticket variants to blame THAT success on :ahh: 

1 minute ago, Paranoid Android said:

They would have to start putting a star on every album then. Harry for instance has 27 versions as per discogs.

It’s not unusual for many artists to offer variants of an album, from multiple color vinyl editions to collectible CD packages and beyond. Swift herself has rolled out albums in a similar fashion in the past — she had four different Target-exclusive variants for Lover in 2015. In 2022, acts ranging from Red Hot Chili Peppers and Ozzy Osbourne to BLACKPINK and Madonna have all leaned in to the practice of offering multiple iterations of a physical album where usually the only difference is in packaging or the color of a vinyl LP.

yes, every album should be asterisked. it'll make charts prettier.

btw gets double asterisks for 99 cents though, which singlehandedly made billboad have to establish rules about minimum pricing.

3 hours ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

People mad at the “multiple formats” available for purchase are going to have a SEIZURE when her tour grosses north of half a billion dollars :ahh: No ticket variants to blame THAT success on :ahh: 

That makes it even worse. Amazing touring numbers, but she's still resorting to desperate "puzzle"  gimmicks to artificially boost her sales.  I knew there was some Kpop style trickery going on, and the fact that Billboard called it out by name is hilarious. 

Some superfans may have also been enticed to purchase all four variants of the album on either CD or vinyl, as the back covers of the four albums fit together like a puzzle to display a clock face (a literal reference to Midnights!). Swift shared the news through her social media in mid-September, saying: “If you put all the back covers together, she’s a clock. It’s a clock… It makes a clock.” (Swift’s official webstore sells hardware to hold the four CDs or the four vinyl LPs together as a wall clock.) 

2 minutes ago, By the Water said:

My God, you're slow, aren't you :redface:

Well that was mean :emofish: I thought you were agreeing with BlueTimberwolf sorry hon :hug: 

2 minutes ago, BlueTimberwolf said:

That makes it even worse. Amazing touring numbers, but she's still resorting to desperate "puzzle"  gimmicks to artificially boost her sales.  I knew there was some Kpop style trickery going on, and the fact that Billboard called it out by name is hilarious. 

You can have all the gimmicks you want as an artist but if you don’t have the demand to SELL then you won’t. :ahh: That’s why no KPop artist is selling 1M in a week in the USA, let alone with FIVE different albums.

Not sure what’s “trickery” about offering products and letting the consumers decide if they want to buy them. :ahh: 

But I get it, you have nothing left to cling to. It must be a rough day for you. :ahh: 

Keep grasping at straws, it’s entertaining as ****. :ahh: 

Has to be the biggest Vinyl debut of all time, right? Blockbuster first weeks weren't really a thing until the 80s, when CDs were taking over

Congrats, Taylor

crystal-rhobh-intro-pose.gif

Are people really gonna use clean versions as a drag now? As if other acts with explicit albums don't have edited cds. :rip:

Bringing this back for the people who are still lamenting about "dIfFeRent VerSiONs!!!11!1!"

we love seeing u seethe tho :heart2:

1 minute ago, Hunter_13 said:

Are people really gonna use clean versions as a drag now? As if other acts with explicit albums don't have edited cds. :rip:

They listed the version with the 10 seconds talk :deadbanana4:

That was released so the album was available on Apple Music before it was released

2 minutes ago, Hunter_13 said:

They’re going to mass email Billboard begging them to change the rules so TS11 can only count the sales of EITHER the clean or explicit version, but NOT both. :dies: 

Just now, simmnfierzig said:

They listed the version with the 10 seconds talk :deadbanana4:

That was released so the album was available on Apple Music before it was released

Yeah it's dumb that BB is calling that an itunes bonus track just because it got uploaded twice for that dumb voice message thing for AM. You'd think they'd know how that works but. :rip:

2 minutes ago, itsjem said:

Bringing this back for the people who are still lamenting about "dIfFeRent VerSiONs!!!11!1!"

we love seeing u seethe tho :heart2:

Chemtrails having like 7 variants but doing 75K first week. :rip: No shade to Lana I love her but obviously the variants don’t equate to your success. Lana would not have only done 10K with one variant :rip: 

15 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

I'm very curious about the tour, if she goes full Ed then the sky is the limit. 

Considering that she has a lot of material + the TVs coming, she could spend 2-3 years touring stadiums if she wishes :jonny:.

7 minutes ago, BlueTimberwolf said:

I knew there was some Kpop style trickery going on

aespa had 7 versions for their Girls' album physicals in the US - cheap Digipack versions with a different cover for each 4 members +  Kwangya version and Real World version - but they still debuted with 53k pure sales. I think clearly there's something more to that and it may be DEMAND. 

13 minutes ago, BlueTimberwolf said:

Artificially boost her sales? It’s called having an actual sales strategy, not selling f*cking jockstraps on your site. Besides, multiple artists do this and don’t even get close to Taylor, this is what happens when you have DEMAND.

She sold 1.6M copies first week, period. Stop embarrassing yourself :toofunny2:

Absolutely massive :WAP:

The music industry did THAT :gaylorcat1:

6 minutes ago, Reiner Braun said:

She's going to dominate another decade :gaylorcat2:

Imagine being an OTH for 20 years

I have a feeling Drake and Taylor are going to be the first to serve male and female artist (respectively) of the decade repeats.

I don't see who's stopping them tbh.

I get that many fanbases are annoyed but for those who are chart geeks this is a fun historic moment and when she clears the entire top 10 tomorrow it's going to be even better.

Her team needs to not only set up the obvious Grammy performance but BBMAs milestone award, VMAs vanguard etc. to capitalize off of this era. The tour is going to break records regardless

crystal-rhobh-intro-pose.gif

Edited by slw84

Biggest BB200 debuts per year:

2010: Speak Now 1M

2011: Born This Way* 1.1M

2012: Red 1.21M

2013: The 20/20 Experience 968k

2014: 1989 1.29M

2015: 25 3.4M

2016: Views 1M

2017: reputation 1.24M

2018: Scorpion 732k

2019: Lover 867k

2020: folklore 846k

2021: 30 839k

2022: Midnights 1.58M

vfny4jB.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.